It has been a long time since I heard anyone say archery was OP. Since almost a year - update 40 to be precise. But I understand, that it is still in peoples head, especially if they don’t play archer themselves.
so why they cant just cut out archery from game? if they cant balcnce it normally
Funcom was never good at game balance.
They also don’t play the game to the extend we do. They heavily rely on user feedback and even then, sometimes completly ignore it and do their own thing.
Best example would be the nerf to the 2h animation canceling (wield/unwield). Instead of addressing the offhand canceling.
sorry but it killed archery , those change are not wanted by pvp players, command met my thrall with 40% damage and sword of crom, do we have to remove all, keep one unique weapon, one unique armor ?
it is normal to have some unique thralls that will take you hundred or not thousand of hours to get with some unique weapons that will take hundred of hours to find. your thrall even if the best stat will not survive long on a pvp server. if you are naked an archer can kill you one shot, if you have epic armor no, he will need at least 2 or 3 shots, and those with the best bow and best arrow that take hundred and hundred of hours to farm… and if you have a thrall he will not shot on you as your thrall wiill engage him.
There are so many details of why archery in Siptah is frustrating, I cannot even remember them all.
- Crafters don’t add bonus damage to arrows, while they do on melee weapons.
- Poison or Bleed arrows do 1/0 damage and 0/0 AP while poison and melee weapons do full legendary damage.
- In the tower, melees get a variety of at least useful weapons, while archers get a bow with no special effect but destroying your gloves when shooting.
- The arrows in the tower are the only technically non-legendary item you can get there, dealing 10 damage with 0% AP making them the worst Arrows in the entire game (worse than bone or flinthead)
- There is no heavy armor for archers in Siptah 2.4 while there are numerous good choices for melee.
- The medium archer armors are 3-Stat, making them less useful, while the best melee armors are 2-Stat.
- The light Siptah archer armor is 2-Stat which again is worse to specialize than the light strength armor with 15 Strength.
- There is neat melee gear in the Siptah dungeon recipes, while there is not one piece for archers.
- Feroxic weapons do full damage with a poison effect. Only the bow has got agility instead.
- Archery is riddled with bugs such as arrows not shooting although you waste stamina and make the animation; arrows flying right through the enemy; arrows bouncing off the enemy’s head, making them very unreliable.
- What are archers supposed to do with all the agility on Siptah armor and bows?
- You kill the enemies faster with 0 strength and a good melee weapon than with 50 accuracy and a good bow, especially when mounted.
- You cannot dismount a rider with a bow and arrows, because you use up your own stamina faster than you drain the horse’s stamina.
- Every patch melee weapons and armors get new and interesting effects to experiment with, while the only effect added to bows is well… destroying your gloves.
and so on…
Playing through Siptah as an archer is like being the unwanted stepchild. You watch your siblings unpack a s…load of fantastic toys at Christmas while you get a load of s… exploding in your face (while doing the least amount of damage and destroying your gloves). And once you finally get to live with a new family in Patchlanddrive 24, you at first hope things will get better, until you discover what is in the cellar.
also i like how fast they fix bugs witch boost bows (like invincibility for melee weapons when staying on arrow) but cant fix THE MOST IMPORTANT teamfight bug when archer CANT hit any staggered or knocked down targets.
they fix more then 1 year bug when with 40 perk archers cant charge their heavy attack. and after fix - its usless in teamfights cuz another archer cant hit stunned targets…
and after all this archers HATE they shamelessly say that thay REBALANCE bows. not totally nerf but REBALANCE
Thank you for this list. I was frustrated with archery before I read your list, now I’m loading up one of my other “Go to” MMO games to try forgetting how terrible archery is here.