Are we allowed to quote Mods and guidelines?

, ,

I am not asking if we can spam pages of text that players can access themselves just to clog up the forums. What I am asking are we allowed to point out guidelines as reference points for action?

Guidelines wouldn’t be guidelines if they weren’t allowed to be used as reference points for action.

Just make sure they are actual guidelines and not a re-interpretation.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/harassment-and-griefing-issues/15950

" In extreme cases only, such as players preventing others from entering the game area by walling off the spawning area after character creation or completely preventing other players from playing the game in any other way, we may take action if presented with indisputable proof . "

“Preventing other players from playing the game in any other way”. We complained about our server being taken down by another player with video proof no less and had our thread delisted in response. Wouldn’t taking down server be considered “preventing other players from playing the game in any other way” ?

It might detract from the debate, or become sidelined in itself. If I were you I’d just hold my own and keep directing it back on point. It can be tough to keep the thread on track, but it’s often preferable to almost Godwin-esque accusations of junior modding.

The point was not even addressed and was simply ignored and hidden.

1 Like

I see what you mean. In this case, good question. :+1: (ETA, missed your post above mine – I actually went and looked it up. D’oh.)

1 Like

All good. I tried to add as much context as possible to make it easy illustrate the point.

I for one do not see or have any issues with the forum member’s steering a thread back on topic. I will go as far as to say you can point out the guidelines and flag it if it goes beyond those.

Thank you for that.

Would you suggest addressing the inappropriate use of the flag function (flag bombing) in the attempt silence an opposing view or cover ones tracks in this case or instead PM a mod and ask that they look into it?

Just DM a Mod or one of the CM’s and let us handle that. We will take care of the issue.

4 Likes

Thank you again. Makes posting easier from now on.

Provide your evidence to them privately, not openly on the forum as in the community guidelines “naming and shaming” and accusations are against the community guidelines. But providing the proof to a community manager in a direct/private message is not against their community guidelines - it is what they ask players to do in the community guidelines. (Funcom staff can still see delisted threads.)

Probably the reason your thread was delisted was it violated the community guidelines:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375?u=kwalya

2 Likes

The Moderator did answer the thread . Thank you anyway though.

The question was answered so I close the thread now