Are we happy with Siptah vault recipe RNG?

Louder, please, for the people in the back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Exactly this.

I wish weapons and armor were more difficult to obtain in Siptah - the legendary chests are no longer ā€œdifficult,ā€ as you can acquire a massive amount of skeleton keys in a short amount of time. Aside from that, the legendary weapons are no longer good when compared to other weapons that are either dropped, delved, or crafted. All of which is easy peasy.

But if you want to craft potions of beastial memory or cook a frigginā€™ feast, good luck to ya! Master weapon fitting? Something that should be accessible behind a simple boss wall or some such? Also, I wish you luck.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure that part of the idea is that you would have a whole clan of people doing dungeons and delving and such to get recipes, and anything you need built could be built by a clanmate who has the recipe ā€“ need master weapon fitting? Clanmate has recipe, put mats on the bench and have them build 100 for the whole clan to use. Etc. I suspect this was their design.

Also to create more gear-randomness through some clans having the recipes and others not, resulting in an increase in variety and strategy between people who have X but not Y gear and people who have Y but not X gear.

But Idk, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Another plausible explanation: budget constraints. They had a finite group of people with finite time to create a whole new map with a bunch of new, complex gameplay mechanics. The easiest way to make the recipes available ā€“ especially on a map thatā€™s smaller than the map where those recipes originally come from ā€“ was to stick them in loot tables and let RNG sort it out.

Iā€™m still not sure which explanation I would dislike less :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Both are good possibilities. Por que no los dos?

You make it rng, you know people will clan up, if they do, they increase their odds of having access. Washes out in the end, JIRA completed, ship it.

1 Like

I donā€™t really wish to go down this road again, however if they want to shun solo players, sure. For one thing Iā€™m not an@l and supremely fair and reasonable, but I have high standards for possible clanmates. Then there is possible time differences, or perhaps none of your friends play this game(not everyone has the ā€˜fortitudeā€™) or maybe you just donā€™t have any period, or youā€™re on an Asian server where either communication is too difficult or revealing youā€™re a foreigner will open you to abuse.

Let the benefits of being in a clan produce more rare drops, easier surges and faster resources, amen. But donā€™t do it for the aforementioned kind of recipes.

Not happy at all, I believe it is very lazy compared to the exiled lands. These recipes couldā€™ve easily been added to enrich the world lore and creativity to the map. By making them rng drops not only does it make frustrating but also very lacking in creativity from Funcom. I understand they want to keep the maps different in certain ways, but I believe that only harms the Isle of Siptah. Itā€™s potential is being held back because they keep comparing both maps, instead of focusing on how to make it better and fun for the players. Same thing with the new lands, they feel so out of place next to siptah, they couldā€™ve spread them out on opposite sides of the map but they plastered them all on the same side making it look like lazy and rushed instead of adding proper transition and common sense to each island.

I reason why i halted the adventure on Siptah and went back to my Original EL server, the grindfest for RNG recipes are annoying and waste of time, while you just walk up to dungeons in EL and press E to learn for most, i get it they have to introduce them in a way to get them but this isnā€™t the most rewarding one aside from eldarium ores and sigils.

I burnt out real quick doing the same old because i HAD to do them for recipes rather than just waltzing for fun.

4 Likes

Halk clarified what i meant. It feels like everything was put together really fast with no though or consideration of how well it transitions.

Siptah RNG for recipes is terrible for old playersā€¦In Exile lands a lot recipes you get by talking to NPCā€™sā€¦at Siptah you need to be luckyā€¦

For me to resolve this, we need at least a library inside black tower only for exile lands recipesā€¦make that RNG thereā€¦not the best idea but is somethingā€¦

ORā€¦someone at funcom could talk and update us about the transfer systemā€¦will come before or after the game release?

Iā€™m waiting with bated breath for the transfer system, precisely because of the RNG grind. Sadly, based on what little information Funcom has given us so far, it looks like it will come after the full release of Siptah.

1 Like

Response from Dennis on the AMA:

funcom-den

Scheduled AMA 1 point 12 minutes ago

We definitely can look into making that a single layer of RNG instead of two, Iā€™ll have a chat with one of our content designers about it.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/nh43s5/i_am_dennis_douthett_i_am_the_lead_designer_for/

3 Likes

The AMA in my opinion was a jokeā€¦a lot of Conan Exiles good questions got Unansweredā€¦

Questions like: What your Favorite Foodā€¦movieā€¦ got answered.

There was only two questions good there who got answered: RNG at Siptah and a possible Map room there.

vaults and surges are why no1 liked siptah to begin with.

funcom already knew they were added transfers when they dropped siptah which is why vaults never got QoL changes. If youā€™ve lasted this long on siptah im sure a little longer for transfers to get your favourite exile land recipes will be ok

but that shouldnā€™t be an excuse, why have to rely on map transfer to get recipes that affect gameplay. It is quite lazy, they couldā€™ve added more unique rewards to vaults and placed the recipes in the world for players to find.

1 Like

yeah i know and I agree. Iā€™ve complained about vaults being bad since the start.

imo vaults should drop new recipes and the most useful exile land recipes should be purchasable from a merchant for fragments

This would be the ultimate gimme, and I would be okay with it, but I feel that I would be happier with a guaranteed recipe at each vault, just RNG the recipe. That gives me a reason to run the vaults outside of Eldarium while also avoiding making them too easy.

A happy medium is all I ask, honestly.

I wish Reddit would show the exact timestamps for comments, instead of just ā€œX hours agoā€, because then it would be easier to see the truth: Dennis answered the vast majority of the questions posted during the AMA. The AMA had a predefined, limited duration of 1 hour, between 9 am and 10 am Pacific Time (16:00 - 17:00 UTC) and that time was clearly posted here on the forums, too.

People have work to do, and that includes Dennis. He had that hour to hang around Reddit and answer questions. Iā€™m sure they didnā€™t give him the rest of the day off and he had to go back to doing other work. And even if they did give him the rest of the day off, I wouldnā€™t blame him for not hanging on Reddit in his free time :smiley:

TL;DR: If you have a question for an AMA, submit it during the AMA. Dennis answered most of those.

1 Like

If you are on PC, you can mouse over the given timestamp to get a tooltip popup that shows the full timestamp.

3 Likes

Dude! I had no idea! Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes