Arena Champion way too hard!

Please don’t nerf the Arena Champion it any other bosses for that matter. There are only 5 enemies that I take caution with. Those are the arena champ and the 4 skeleton bosses in wine cellar. All of them have low health pools but hit like Mack trucks. The rest of the bosses or Kings I don’t even think about I just mindlessly kill them with my thrall. Since the newest patch even more so. I barely even use healing arrows anymore.

6 Likes

As far as I remember, it was Sword of Crom. I usually have my elite bodyguard use either Sword of Crom, Hanuman’s Gada or Ranissan. Since the dungeon was fairly new, I know I didn’t have Ranissan yet, so it must’ve been either Sword of Crom or Hanuman’s Gada.

Oh yeah, I learned that lesson after the first two times I had to call in reinforcements from another friendly player :wink:

2 Likes

She is difficult, but as stated before she does not need to be defeated to finish the dungeon. If anything, She is a great way to practice you PVP, since you have to be on your shield block and dodge, counter punching A game to survive. She is probably the only true Boss in the game.

On the PvE server I play, I was already 2 times this friendly player :smiley:

I did even warn both people to pay attention :smiley: :smiley: (have a maproom near the Warmaker obelsik with a chest with enough spare keys).

2 Likes

Same thing here, Map room and chest of keys for anyone is my go to as well. Nice to see someone else employ that idea!

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2: This may be the cause. So those videos could potentially be outdated. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I absolutely agree. I think we shouldn’t be so quick to call for nerfs on almost everything.

6 Likes

Khan? Is that you? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Personally, I think that it would be a bad idea to nerf her without doing anything else to keep her challenging.

It’s just my personal preference, but I find brute force to be the lowest kind of challenge, but even that is better than taking the challenge away.

1 Like

Maybe @Wak4863 or @Firespark81 can test again.

But the changelog says sth about concusion dmg…
Also it says “Deals concusion dmg”… concusion dmg would lower your stamina, which Arena champion doesnt do… she lowers your life to the afterlife…

2 Likes

Nope. Ingame name should be same like reddit and mostly everywhere else: thE_29.

Maybe not that exactly, but something similar. I noticed Whale Hammer isn’t functioning as before. But maybe I’m off on that analysis. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Agreed.

3 Likes

She killed me just the other day when I was testing XP from killing her. Which is a whopping total of 2xp gained. But I didn’t notice stamina being reduced though in all fairness she kills you so fast when she connects that I could have just missed it.

1 Like

My clan and I frequently run dungeons as a group. I really do not understand what you mean by the game not being designed for group play.

That said, I run all of the dungeons solo as well.

EDIT: I will admit, the Champion sucks. :wink:

I run this dungeon alone all the time. It seems to have been scaled up recently, as I’m not slicing through things like butter anymore. But it’s definitely doable solo with the right equipment.

3 Likes

She is extremely easy if u play her smart enough… Just next time u meet her, carry an axe… 4 hard attacks and then a roll back is all u need… Not even a thrall is needed in there… Best axe for this is yog axe with spiked fitting as the high pen helps to finish her off really fast…, But any would do…

1 Like

As do I, though I have not done it recently. I will say the White Tiger near my city seemed harder last night…

She is easy… until she isn’t. Just don’t mess up when fighting her or it hurts, a lot. :wink:

The axe is definitely my favored weapon. I typically carry the Act of Violence, Executioners Axe, or (my old standard) Glimmermoon.

Also, I never take a thrall with me to new content. Subsequent run troughs is 50/50, I either will or I won’t.

3 Likes

She has EXACTLY the same attack pattern as witch queen… U only need the roll back after 4rth attack to gain distance (she will get up from knockdown with an attack ),and if u keep moving backwards,u will regain stamina as well… I fight her in a flawless darfari armour with no thrall… No surprises yet by her… She hits hard i admit, but she actually needs to land a hit…,:wink:

1 Like

Clan groups are not available for Solo/Co-op users.
The game has no Group-up feature. The group is not rewarded evenly and there’s only one treasure.
The designer of the dungeon stated it was designed for a 5-man group.