Arena Champion way too hard!

This tend to happen when you got a bit too greedy and attacked her too many times and forget to time it right. Sometimes she doesn’t get staggered and she can kill you with 2-3 hits.

2 Likes

Questions like that always remind me of that scene from “The Long Kiss Goodnight”:

Look, I’m just not that good, okay? :wink:

1 Like

Not to make dissonance, but for correctness’ sake, I wouldn’t say that it’s true. Makes me wonder if you’re playing on a server with default PvE settings. Didn’t try with new thralls yet, but pre-patch top fighters - volcano, RHTS, berserkers - could easily die to her (and yes, Godbreaker, Sword of Crom and all), she hits hard and she’s good at staggering thralls too. I wouldn’t have a thrall fight her unassisted, I have to alternate between a healing arrow every handful of seconds and a spear to keep her staggered so the thrall could keep actually hitting her.

But yes, she’s quite doable, with daggers I could keep her stunlocked most of the time even without a thrall, though of course it’s still slow and not forgiving at all, an urge to put in another hit gets punished hard. But I wouldn’t say it’s so annoying; for me, the most annoying part is the keys and locked doors. It’s all right that she’s tough; it’s all right that without a thrall, have to get together with friends for a dungeon run - what’s annoying is that a planned pleasant evening of dungeoning with friends can get wrecked if things go wrong. Twenty minutes in, with equipment lost behind locked doors and quickly decaying, a dungeoning evening quickly turns into an evening of crafting and regrinding gear.

In my opinion, the Arena Champion is fine. Yes, it’s a tought girl, but even a solo player without thrall that as the level and equipement “required” to enter this dungeon will be fine, as long as you know how to fight. For me, this boss is one of the few that is really based on skill level. If you are a skill fighter, you’ll be fine. I’m playing offline and when I first enter this dungeon, the first boss roasted me and I kinda knew when I’d be able to come back. Later, back with Spinas, it was a joke, the champion didn’t land one single hit (stunlock for ever between us). I did it again, alone, got hit twice before she bit the dust. This boss will put to the test your combat skills and if you are not a really skilled fighter, they are other ways for you to win ! She’s not that healthy ! However, she should be a three-skulls boss, so new players would know what there in for…

1 Like

My solution: I don’t fight her. She’s not necessary to complete the dungeon, and as far as I know, she doesn’t drop anything special. When I have no reason to fight her, I don’t care if she’s too hard to kill or not.

If I wanted to prove something to myself by killing every boss in the game, well… requesting that the boss be made easier so I could beat her would defeat that purpose. But I can live with myself, knowing that I’m not a good enough player to beat her. I don’t really miss any game content because of this.

(In case someone hasn’t noticed: there’s a shortcut through a collapsed wall that can be used to bypass the whole arena. You can go straight to the end boss.)

1 Like

In case you do need to fight her:

1 - Bring more than one thrall. This will involve manually positioning them in the dungeon since you can only have one thrall following you at the time. But if you place three thralls in the dungeon, then aggro her to where the thralls are, your chance of winning increase exponentially. With the updated thralls, some might even have the power to solo her. If you want to contribute to the fight because you are the hero of the story, wait until she has just a few health point left then join the fight and steal the glory from your thrall.

2 - she isn’t very fast, so you can run around her while your health regen. Don’t forget to bind your food item / lotus potion to a slot s you can hot key.

3 - dagger - evade tactic still works. As long as you attack her first, she will be stunned. Get yourself a pair of legendary daggers that do extra bleed damage, attack her twice, then cartwheel away. Rinse and repeat. She has a huge amount of hp so bleeding her dry might take you 30+ minutes. But if you do it right, she can never hit you.

4 - run to the arena’s door, lead her outside. When she is about to come back in, close the door. She will sometime get stuck near the door and will not react to your attacks when she is stuck. Chop away! Do not reopen or close the door when she has become stuck - she will become free again.

1 Like

naaaah it’s normal, everybody has been killed first time, and some second time, but that was the time needed to learn to fight arena boss, and after it’s just so easy, so no need to nerf at all. make it harder yes !

more than one hit and you are killed, so it’s you hit one time and you dodge and regen and start again, otherwise you are dead meat.

second you need a thrall and healing arrow, make engage the arena champion to your thrall (heavy epic armor, best weapon you have with armor pen), and you just have to heal you thrall with arrow. and so you will farm easily the arena champion easily solo.

1 Like

It is enjoyable. For her.

In fact, the arena champion is not complicated. He is strong, yes. Able to kill the captain of the treasure hunters if you came with him and without friends. We killed the champion together with each other (2 players and two T4 thrall). But. There is a secret tactic. All you need is a bow, a lot of arrows and a lot of patience. There are a couple of ledges in the hall with the boss where you can jump and where the champion cannot hit you

unless they changed something since i last fought her few weeks ago, she’s easy as hell. she can be staggered-- use fast combo weapons and bring a thrall too, if you are lucky you shouldnt even get hit once lol.

Bring healing arrows , that’s a fighter thralls best friend.

If you want both warmaker armors, you need 70 shards. So lot of experience with the arena champion. Sometimes it is easy, but sometimes she constantly knocks down the thrall. In that case i interrupt her with the pike, works fine. I am not good with daggers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The shards can also be found in chests around the final chamber, as well as dropped by the final boss, so there’s no real need to bother with the Arena champion for those. It’ll be faster and safer to just skip her and complete the dungeon a couple of extra times.

Well, patience ok, but what i meant was, after a few times i find her managable. My next experiment will be, to use my greater sabertooth because he ignores knockdowns and maybe he can dodge some of her attacks with his side jump.
The thing is, if you find a way, she has not that many hitpoints. So the fight is not too long (important for my cat).

EDIT: Well, that didn´t go too well… She killed him very fast. He seems to use his special attacks not against her :sleepy:

My average from this 4 chests are: 5… I have >700 Khari steel and 150 shards…

Isn’t there 6 chests to open with rusted keys in the final chamber ?

To fight the Arena Champion with a thrall, it is best to bring one with a 1h weapon + shield. Thralls equipped with a shield use it to parry attacks, even those of a boss. Or a thrall with a 2h spear that’ll give enough reach to be a problem for the AC to hit him / her. If you manage to switch aggro between you and your thrall, the Arena Champion won’t last long and most of her attack won’t touch, even with the new dodge.

I only found 4. For an average of, I think, 2 scraps or so per chest.

1 Like

We two-man/two-Followered her the other day, she did work over my Nord Fighter III pretty bad, and almost one-shot my clanmate, but she’s also a human boss and can be locked down with knock down. She’s not so hard.

Solo/co-op was a feature of the game, not the base game. Most of pre-ealy acces video were about a multiplayer combat experience (that i hoped would have been like mordhau but with sorcery). Well… Sure the gam have change since the begening, and his launch, but the core consept haven’t

(even the gamemode say co-op so)

Done it yesterday, the arena champion does not gets staggered any more and the hitbox of her mace now hits ahead of her, like old scorpion boss … so yeah she got harder . Still doable, but unless u r not correctly prepared , u will die for sure in there… So proceed with caution…

1 Like