Armor and heat/cold protection

Many of the armors make not a bit of sense with regards to the enviromental protection they offer.

I agree, it is a bit inconsistent; for example the legendary Solspeil shield has cold resistance and it’s description reads;

“Warmth emanates from the surface of this shield and heats the arm of any who hold it.”

The legendary shield Mistmourn has this description;

"Mist clings to the surface of this shield and chills the arm of any who hold it. "

So when holding those items the heating/cooling makes sense.

But I can’t recall ever seeing a similar description on armor.

Maybe it was too tedious to think of a new reason for every piece of our armor to be heated, or cooled.:joy:

Exactly
 what do you think I’m saying? I’m agreeing with you for onceđŸ€Ł The armor shouldn’t cool, nor heat, if it was described like the shields it would make sense.

Silent Legion armor should actively cool you, again, bit of magic.

Regular armor? Acting as an air conditioner? Making me colder than if I was naked? Yes, that is silly.

If only we could convince the developers of their silliness.

I really like this game, but the way temperature and armor work irritates the crap out of me.

2 Likes

Very true!

“The strange metal of this primordial armor always carries an unholy chill”

Thanks for the reminder! :grin:

1 Like

I believe it’s pretty much “working as intended”. Their reaction to our feedback was to introduce the “soothing” system, which didn’t remove the overcooling nonsense, but now gives a small boost if we get our temperature just right.

Not in those words, no. But instead of changing the way temperature works, they chose to just add a new bonus feature to having the optimal temperature.

No, I don’t know if they’re fixing, or intending to fix, the cooling system, or if they’re still collecting feedback.

Funcom mentioned in one of the dev streams temperature is working as intended, and that the armor protection effects are the way they are for “balance.” I’d have to go back and find which one (s).

Funcom said, that DLC armors will never change.

And without reworking the DLC armors too, it would be unbalanced.

In a video they basically said that they do not take into account the lore or the aesthetic of the armor. They look at how many hot vs. Cold armors they have and slap the one on it that has less.

I think that is asinine, but what do I know.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.