Armour models & body models - Weight painting changes depending on distance

Game mode: All
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: All
Region: EU (UK)

When there are multiple actors wearing equipment, the weight painting of the equipment models and the actual male/female body models appears to change depending on your distance. This is similar to the cloth physics bug, but is independent of it’s settings.

This is best observed at the shoulders, and the head. The NPC’s head will suddenly snap between looking at you, and looking dead ahead, when you walk towards, and backwards from it. If you look at the shoulders, not only do the shoulders of the armors suddenly snap into a different position, the shoulders of the human models do as well.

I recorded this bug happening with every armour in the game, with about 65 thralls standing still, and it affected both DLC armours, and base game armours. As my recording of the issue took about a minute, it was too big for imgur. I uploaded the recording to Vimeo instead, and is at the bottom of this post.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place multiple thralls
  2. Walk backwards away from them, then towards them
  3. Pay attention to their heads and shoulders. They will suddenly snap into place depending on your distance from them.

Video showing the issue: https://vimeo.com/369382127

Considering how near your thralls are placed next to each other, are you using a mod?

Hey @Reprehensible

Thanks again for the feedback. Relaying it to our team.

@Starwalker On single player, there is no limit on the minimum distance thralls can be placed.

@Ignasi Keep up the good work, I’ll def find more bugs to report.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.