Army building strategy regarding upcoming nerfs

Hi all,

I’m currently training an army on pvp official Exiled Land and I can’t decide in wich thrall I want to invest my solo player time.
My plan is to build a long term army (base defense) that won’t get nerfed in a couple of updates. I just don’t want to do it all over again after a nerf.

I haven’t leveled any Teimos because…Vathis the Hierophant. And even tho nothing has been said about nerfing Teimos, I don’t want to take any risk.
Same about T3 bearers wich would be my go to if it was not a bug meant to be fixed someday.

And here’s what I’d really like to know : When the nerf will hit them, will it apply only to thralls placed after the nerf or will it retroactively sqash my leveled T3 bearer’s HP ?

I’ve got a few T4 bearer stashed, so with that question in mind, should I level them now hoping they’ll get the T3 bearer HP/level ratio once it’s fixed or should I wait for the update before placing them ?

RHTS are a good investment overall but they take so long to level I’m looking for a faster alternative.

I’ve got a couple of lvl 20 Dalinsias but I’d like to replace them once capped because they’re too squishy and their damage don’t even make up for that anymore. They’re all around 8k HP with 1600ish armor, 87/39% Telith’s Lament but they’re very vulnerable to bleed and poison thus I favor RHTS and bearers.

What’s your thoughts about the upcoming thrall’s nerf/buff ?
Any chance they make Dalinsia great again ?

If you’re on official. I’d be more worried about them eventually flipping on the thrall/follower limit.

1 Like

Volcano thralls, if you want an army tough as rock only volcano thralls is your answer and this answer will never change. No matter how many nerfs this game will have, Spinas, Daicas, (kitchis or something like that) fleshtearer and (Eri I think) the ravager, are fighters of great value. Their balance is fantastic but the first 2 are very difficult to find there for they are the best of the best, especially Spinas. But keep them lvl 19, do not make them 20, warden or deadeye will come to destroy them all the time :wink:. Since you want them for pvp lvl 19 is the key. Volcano has e excellent archers too, the most common is Host the venomous, she is good, really good, but Anos is the best, really rare however. These are thralls with great value, all the others are kittens.

2 Likes

Why would I be worried ? (genuine question).

I’m aware about the thrall limit and always keep only 55 placed followers at max.

Oh thanks a lot for that input ! I’ll gladly give the Volcano thralls a go and see how tough they get with my training. I had a couple of Daicas way before the leveling system and lost them to the elevator bug :sweat_smile: never thought of getting them again as I was really happy with Dalinsias before the thrall nerf. Also keeping them at 19 is a great tip I never thought of.

1 Like

Interesting… Is there any dynamic like that on Siptah?

1 Like

I would watch for thrall update videos from youtubers like firespark. They keep changing what thralls have good stats and the ones they keep changing make no sense. It was balanced when the volcano thralls were the best and spinas was at the top, last time I checked Lian became the best thrall which makes absolutely no sense since he can be spam farmed because he spawns 100% of the time. I know weapons you already own never changed damage after a patch, maybe that isn’t a thing anymore either, do thralls you already own change stats after an update?

Depends on the update - the ‘great thrall nerf’ definitely had retroactive effects (though it didn’t change everything - followers lost hp, pets also lost armor value, but I think they all kept their existing ‘damagemodifiermelee’ (the ‘hidden’ stat)).

Really? I remember in Firespark’s ‘fun’ tests, the Nordheimers (Lian/Janos) came out ‘worst of the best’ (they were the only ones that couldn’t solo the arena champion) (Volcano guys, Cimmerians, Teimos all managed it alone). Volcano thralls and Cimmerians (Berserker/Dalinsia) and Teimos all have damage modifiers of more than 2, while the Nordheimers have a modifier of less than 2 (although their higher strength brings this up to close to the same level). Teimos is a quick-leveller, which is another advantage, whereas Volcano/Cimmerian are slow-levellers. As far as I know Lian/Janos are somewhere in between on that. I remember Lian being really popular for a while (that 100% spawn probably has an effect there), but the thrall that usually gets complained about these days is Teimos.

2 Likes

I think the most “complains” I saw in Siptah leveling was for survival. But I love survival on fighters, so I can’t have a complaint here :wink:

4 Likes

I have been modding for 11 months so I haven’t actually played the game since before then so disregard what I said about the thralls. They have been nerfing and and beefing up thralls over and over since the beta about five years ago that it was driving me insane in the beginning on PvP servers. I remember when they balanced thralls to be weaker than players. Firespark always has a video out on the little details out before most youtubers, on PC you can check it yourself now though even if nobody knows, xbox didn’t have that luxury.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, that probably would put last time you were playing back when Lian was really popular, makes sense. Firespark (and Wak) is always good for the details :slight_smile: (or for coming up with ways to ‘cheese’ stuff in the game - which can also be good for what to avoid if you don’t want to accidentally do it :wink: ).

Yeah, I (like many others) wish they would get rid of (or reveal) the ‘hidden’ modifiers. It’s ok for us on PC (if we know what to type, as you say) - but it would seem more fair if console users had access to the same info. (But at least Firespark, Wak and others help make it more available and spread the info, so that probably helps more of the player base access it.) I get that CE is a survival game, and Funcom evidently don’t want it to ‘hold the players hands’ - but sometimes it does seem like they obscure some information just for the sake of it, lol.

Shhh! :wink:

3 Likes

Clearly pvp reasons, all the hard-core pve players hate this, but the game is three aspects, not just one, so for balancing reasons, Teimos is… Teimos.
I balanced my pve ignoring his existence as a thrall, he is there to provide me masks and his friends argosean dream dust.

1 Like

Which is strange as currently thta is the only thrall defense against poison and bleed passive.

@Sairdontis Survival.
If this is what you are looking for, the best could be darfari.
Yet the best balance, except Teimos is on volcano thralls.
SPINAS, still hits like a truck and feels nothing. Hopefully he is still elite. What makes Teimos special is his hp pool. Most of my pvp Teimos had 40 accuracy.
He is not soooo good as people believe, actually they created a myth around his name and abilities. He is not that good.
However his hp pool makes him a God thrall still, but as we said pvp needs Teimos, so I will say no more.
Again, if you think that Teimos has bleeding and poisoning resistance, try volcano fighters and then tell me who is who.
I will close with this…
Before the nerf of thralls and the lava immunity…
Berserker at lava, 1 touch
Dalinsia 2
Volcano 4
Lesteret 5 but he had 18.000 hp

1 Like