Arrows are way to OP!

If you say so. I’ve seen it work in a few cases, like that Nemedian nerf I mentioned, but I’m sure you know better :wink:

EDIT: One thing I wanted to add is that if you take your own logic to its conclusion, you’ll realize that Funcom is also responsible for the state of these forums, not just the game. The incentive to scream the loudest comes from the way they’re handling the forums.

2 Likes

Not changing anything may be less damaging than changing things because a small handful of people with a personal investment in the matter overreact in an emotional, rather than rational, manner on the forums.

The ratio of analytical, data-based posts requesting changes to unintelligible rants demanding a nerf to a feature that was involved in defeating the poster in PvP is sorrowfully low. If we take all feedback as equally valuable, it’s the latter kind that is heard by the developers. The end result is a chaotic mess.

1 Like

Which is exactly what you’ll get and what you’ve got over the years . Nothing changes because the players are not in charge of the actual change or changing themselves. Wrong target foo

I mean no disrespect, but are you really of the opinion that nothing changes (especially in the context of changes made because of player feedback)?

Based on my observations, Funcom does listen to feedback and makes changes based on that feedback. And also based on my observations, the feedback being acted upon is too often just angry noise (often by a small group of PvPers) that is more based on emotion and personal bias (ie. players being upset after they were beaten by another player) than objective analytical data. So is it any wonder that the result of said changes is equally unbalanced?

3 Likes

My point is there will always be people asking for changes or nerfs. New players and retiring players. If what you say is true and it probably is that funcom listens to the loudest then how will you change that?
You won’t… you will however drive yourself mad because you’ll continue arguing back and forth which is why I say nothing changes.
So if nothing changes because people will complain regardless of how load you get then maybe you should turn you’re own screams towards funcom and request a separation of the modes or for them not to nerf things to the point t of being usless. The second argument is hard because they struggle with balance and at the end of the day of there was actual balance then it wouldn’t even be a issue. Sure you can come back and say well pvpers will always find something wrong. Well most of the time they really do find something wrong and with a simple yet some tweak it can be fixed.
I’ll yield here as I don’t really care to much. At this point though you are all crying load and it’s counterproductive when you can potentially come together with a understanding that funcom is at fault for most things.

Enjoy :wink:

Pointing fingers is never going to resolve any issue. We have a number of options to actually get things fixed:

1. Let Funcom do it all. Forget collecting feedback. It’s their game, they know the best.
  2. Collect feedback. Try to separate useful feedback from white noise. Make changes based on solid feedback.
  3. Collect feedback. Make changes based on emotional knee-jerk reactions because those are the most common, and also the loudest.

And of course, there’s always option

1. Don’t try to fix anything. The game is at least somewhat playable.
1 Like

Literally what you’ve been doing this whole time…

Ok now I’m done :white_check_mark:

Citation needed.

1 Like

First of all… make sure you have building damage on when you test stuff like this lol. And gonna share it. Since this is missinformation. And some people may believe it’s not dealing damage.

I dont have problem with gas+explosive arrows against buildings. I think the damage is fine as it is. Good complement for places where it’s trouble to place jars.

But against players there is no really counter against it.

Why do you post wrong screenshots then? Post screenshots with the building damage done. This confused me because I was not sure if this is a troll post or not.

Here is a correct picture:

You can poison gates and draw bridges?

1 Like

He said Poison + Explosive arrows. You can damage ANY building pieces. Here, take a look:

2 Likes

Lets not personally shame someone for making mistakes, including sharing the wrong information.
I’m pretty sure this wasn’t intended to share the wrong information.

2 Likes

I do know how to play the game. I did that in my Testlive Build by mistake. There, the building damage is off because I have the purge active, and the game is set to barbaric.

1 Like

A ship without a rudder is a log. ~ Lt Zinn, instructor, Navy Midship 101

In PvP and when attacking a building, it is very useful to deploy a gas cloud, then hit that with explosives. It will definitely render for allies and clanmates, and help them direct their fire.

Also, I’m about 1/5 bad hits on Star Metal. I gas them first. Hitting the gas cloud is a great insurance policy for me!

i mean the post was: first this arrow… seee no dmg… now combined arrow… no noticable damage, etc.

you see how maybe it makes us feel like you are 100% sure the arrows are not doing dmg at all and how that shows us that you did not try arrow raiding before.

and you have the authority to make some difference, maybe for the good or maybe not, who knows…

in my opinion the arrow damage is just fine in pvp. no need to change anything, how do they say in other games… its balanced

if you have an active purge how can you build?

Not sure why, but the purge does not run from poison arrows. so the archers on my wall are equipped with poison and explosive arrows. Makes for an exciting fight.

1 Like

what has that to do with poison and explosive arrows in raiding situation?

renegade i’ll make a video today on my ytb and show you a build you can use without ever getting raided in any kind of cave-like structure.