Avalanche of Rocknoses Purge Spawns way too many Avalanches

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Americas

So the Avalanche of Rocknoses purge type seems to either be bugged or maybe the wiki description is not up to date?
According to the wiki you should have a 1% chance of Avalanche spawning in wave 3 (difficulty 5 or 6) but I am consistently getting upwards of 5 of them spawning on wave 3 and then even more of them spawning in the successive waves (which are supposed to only have a 0.9% chance to spawn Avalanche). This seems a touch excessive and very much out of line with the difficulty of the other purges I’ve gotten.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Trigger an Avalanche of Rocknoses with Purge difficulty set to 6.
  2. Wait till wave 3.
  3. Watch a wall of Avalanches come lumbering towards you.
1 Like

Hey @traszad

Since you mention this is happening in a private server, are there any mods installed or any server settings that have been altered?

Even without a mod the purge is somehow bugged (at least at purge level 6). I will further investigate after the patch hits, but to get an idea of the problem:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1758250504
The user that made this mod to remove the rocknose purge might be on the right track of the problem.

2 Likes

@Ignasis I do usually use mods but I tested without mods installed and saw the same results. I have altered server settings a touch but the only relevant one I can think of is the Purge difficulty level which is set to 6.

This had happened to me twice in two different locations. I do not use mods. I play in Solo/Co-op.
One time I was building a “safe house” on top of the aqueducts. The purge was of rocknoses. I didn’t notice the first wave, but the second there was a couple of the glowing-eyed ones. The third wave…it seemed they were all the boss and one or two was simple versions. The only thing that saved me was that the boss sized one were stuck on the short wall of the aqueduct and could not move until I attacked.

Thanks @traszad & @Shadoza, we’ve sent note to our team about this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.