BAN HACKERS! Tired of it

pvp

Tired of seeing hackers in minis and they never get banned,alo funcom?
Is this how you want the game to be? I’m just trying to understand why they never get banned.

@AndyB

I presume it’s like that old childrens fable “The boy who cried wolf” There are many people out there who accuse everyone and their mother of “hacking” as you put it… Truth be told I think people toss that word around way too casually these days, as if “Hacking” is something anyone can do. Cheating would be the correct term.

The issue from funcoms perspective and many player perspectives who have been accused incorrectly of such nefarious deeds is that they aren’t going to be your weapon of spite to go around banning every player who happens to “beat you up badly” in pvp just because you believe they must be using some 3rd party program to do it. Plus they don’t have any anti cheat methods in place nor do they care enough to invest the time and money in an endless battle with the cheat engine coders. So how can they actually prove someone is cheating and not just lagging? I mean I have seen people using cheat engines and even caught them on video doing it but video evidence isn’t sufficient for funcom. And again they are probably tired of people “crying wolf” constantly.

I PVP constantly on crom and fury and I rarely see anyone actually cheating. The ones who do are pretty obvious about it. I see plenty of people exploiting game mechanics to gain an advantage such as the running shot thing. But unless funcom addresses it then it’s “working as intended” The guys who use things like speed hacks? They get called out in global quickly anyway, named and shamed.

Bottom line is: If you can’t handle getting beat up in pvp by players that are certainly just better than you, then maybe stick to pve mate.

There are no cheaters in aoc pvp, only people without a clue about aoc pvp.

And even if there was, I can’t imagine an active pve raider in an active pve raiding guild getting harmed just for chilling in aoc pvp. There are obvious priorities.

Move along.

There’s actually plenty of cheaters in aoc, but as jeetz said, most of the time it’s people crying that somebody is cheating because they don’t understand how the game works.

There’s definitely cheaters out there, no question about it. But like someone else said I think 85% of the cheataccuses is false from silly whiners.

These are the most common cheataccuses I got when I was pvping frequently

Speedhack: On demo using speedbuff, on sin using accelerate, on guard while chasing down someone, switching to speedgear while running

Just general hack accuse: On bs using rune of grounding especially against hoxes and dts.

Must be several more things, would be fun to make a list of common silly cheataccusing :smiley:

My favorite one was the “hp hack” after popping an ironswill.

Let’s not forget the jump combo “hack” my personal favorite. :wink:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sure, there’s a handful of very obvious cheaters that we all know who they are. There’s some in the maybe “pile”, who are either “smart” cheaters or actually legit. And there’s tons of baseless accusations. So yeah, these things don’t get taken particularly seriously and Funcom hasn’t commented in the last 10 years and I don’t think there’ll be anything said in the next 10 either.

i agree aslong as the cheaters dont go complete ■■■■■■ its still fun to play

i think there are a lot subtile cheaters but as far as i have experienced it only the bad players rly cheat and then they are at best average
------------

I think the most used hack might be the armor/protection buff thing - going full dmg gear and giving yourself armor like max deff gear - but its absolutley impossible to tell if someone using it.

That ending statement is why GMs don’t take cheating accusations seriously.

They don’t take them seriously because some people accuse everybody