BAN HACKERS! Tired of it

No I didn’t watch the entire thing or read the convos. I will later

Well then i would ask you to reserve judgement until you have, as that is a very poor opinion for one who has not taken the time to watch the whole video, another problem you presume something without watching the whole story , almost wearing your Funcom goggles there :slight_smile:

Working as intended

so i watched it. I take back what i said.

If we could talk the forum admins into getting into the game and doing admin stuff!

@socialhermit what let people have opinions and proof to show the half baked job being done? Way easier to limit speech then it is to log in and understand game mechanics on their part…

Could you imagine though, A GM logs in, he/she has a petition to answer, “hmmmm someone cheating in minis i best look into this”. Zones into mini, “ahh yes clear comber and teleporting, this is a ban right here bang 30 days”, omg to dream of this…

Real life , GM logs in " hmmm a petition about hackers, (insert generic text reply here) time to put the coffee on and kick back and do nothing"

Such a world does not exsist

But really tho, they don’t have time to catch hackers. They are working night and day on the rest of the class revamps and the crafting revamp.

1 Like

@socialhermit i know its in maintenance mode, everyone knows it, but really how hard is it to follow up on hackers and ban them,log into mini catch hacker ban done, shouldnt take more then 15 minutes, funcom are blatantly allowing it, any half wit gm can log in and see the cheaters in action, they are just lazy, or funcom dosnt want them banned because they have a financial interest in where the revenue come for such cheats , its either or, i think its just laziness myself, but at same time wouldn’t be surprised if it was the other

I believe Funcom can not check the cheaters in minigames, I mean they don’t have the technical option to do so. Age of Conan is based on an old engine. I really doubt they can watch the minigames afterwards and check out who is a cheater, who is a troll.

I don’t want to defend Funcom here at all. I mean even if they can’t review cheaters they could be wondering why 50 players petitioned and accused a player to cheat. And why Funcom doesn’t accept youtube vids as proof?

1 Like

The only thing i can say is i have had gms in minis watching the people live , when in the petition the gms have said i will come and watch, if you shift click the gms name it shows them in the same mini as you, if they know the game mechanics, which as gms they should it should be a simple case of watching the person and seeing for themselves, i honestly believe its a case of they are lazy or have a financial interest on where people get the hacks from. I have even discussed the mini games and the person in question with the gm while they are watching, literally caught red handed and still the gms have not banned them.

yup more examples of funcom not giving a s##t

Their silence speaks volumes in itself about how much they care…

1 Like

The player in the first video was never banned and is now pvp 10 with full tiered gear.

Imagine 4 years of that while Gm’s do NOTHING ! Really sick of Funcom and their Game Masters. Ruined one of the greatest pvp mmos since Shadowbane.

I feel your frustration man, Funcom have really let the community down with the way they haven’t dealt with this and many other issues, they really are masters of their own downfall with their lack of knowledge of their own product/action , for years we have been having these conversations in vent, in forums, in global and still they show their utter contempt for the people who pay their wages , or i should say used to…
One day you’ll sit around funcom and think where did it all go wrong, ill tell ya now for free, its by not pulling your fingers out of you’re a@@ and acting when you was encouraged to !!!

The most troubling thing was everyone on Tyranny (NA / Normal EU), knew this was going to happen on a mergered server from Eastern Europe.

Must be a hoot to watch people cheat in the game and still have players dumb enough to pay for subscriptions and item shop crap.

That’s cool that funcom allows vids to be posted now used to be an infraction on the old forums. I should post my own vids.

Videos are posted of actual cheating, not for trolling.

That’s hard to believe when you consider everything “cheating”. Why are you still here?

I’ve never had issues with videos sent to GMs via petitions. No idea if they actually watched them, but I’ve had some success, for example that one well known demo on Saga (whose name starts with “S” ends with “o” and who was always very loud in Global). Obviously I wasn’t the one petitioning him. I’ve never had a reply saying that they don’t accept Youtube vids as evidence. The reason I bothered with that one is because he was playing 24/7, so there was no way to avoid him in minis.

To be honest I haven’t had that many issues with GMs over the years. But then again I don’t forget to say hello and thank you nor do I spit in their face constantly like a certain member whose name starts with U.

This thread has run its course and is no longer productive.