Banned with no explanation from funcom

Conan banned my entire clan on 3541. We had several clanmates who were not even active on that server who played elsewhere and can no longer play. One guy was only level 12 but was leader of a clan on another server.

I personally have 5700+ hrs of Conan and my clan leader has almost 5k.

Funcom just banned two of its most loyal Conan players.

We loved this game and have the time to prove it.

Not only was the entire clan banned but our bases were all instantly decayed.

many of us wrote Funcom begging for an explanation but received nothing.

Our only suspicion is that after many battles with Brazilian clans that had undermeshed and had tried reporting us for anything they could they found some signs that one of our clanmates had put insulting words on.

We had massive legit bases we poured countless hours into building. None are meshed and we have reported and fought meshers and yet our clan gets banned and our massive bases decayed with no chance for appeal.

On another server we play on our clan leader is banned and we have reported a base that is still standing at summoning place and is meshed.

We provided screenshots and maybe they banned the players but no decay. they are keeping their base from decaying by attacking it with an alt.

So Funcom you will go down in flames if you continue to treat your most loyal players with no transparency or explanation while allowing obvious cheaters to continue.

We can only assume the we lost everything because of some offensive words.

This game had so much potential and gave me almost 6k hrs of fun but im done with Conan exiles and will never play another Funcom game.

1 Like

Im sorry to say, but in todays day and age where “Mr” Potato Head is offensive to people, you are correct to assume your clan was banned for the signs. Its something I strongly disagreed as a bannable offense when Funcom re-highlighted their rules on speech, especially when a mute button is in game, but, louder voices won the day. You can and will be banned for using bad words.

Its truly sad when people report actual cheaters and undermeshers and watch the months roll by with zero action, but some bad words on a sign gets you insta banned.

Inb4 people bash me for “its Funcoms game, its Funcoms servers, its Funcoms rule” Im well aware. Too bad all infractions werent dealt with as swiftly…especially the ones that actually ruin peoples game play.

5 Likes

Its so sad because we fought actual cheaters and overcame several clans from Brazil. We godded their meshes and defeated them only to be banished by funcom for offensive speech.

One of out clanmates made these signs.

we now all pay the ultimate consequence.

Wouldnt a warning be more appropriate?

What about only banning the person who created the signs?

Maybe an explanation from funcom?

It is so upsetting to just be ghosted by funcom after having 10s of thousands of tier 3 foundations decayed.

All because a clanmate wrote F Brazilor something dumb on a sign.

1 Like

Update

Funcom finally replied to my clan leader after repeated begging for an explanation.

We were all given a 30 day ban for wxcessive land claim.

We just dominated too hard and built too much. we had 4 massive alpha bases and we land claimed around them to defend against Trebs.

No warning just 30 day ban and everything we had worked for 2 yrs gone instantly. We had to beg for an explanation.

Yo estoy en lo mismo que vosotros. Estoy expulsado y no puedo entrar en ningún servidor. No entiendo porque porque yo no utilizo micro ni nada. Utilizo mi grupo de ps4. Si me Dan la misms respuesta, que espero que no porque mi base era de 20x20 era una caja y tenía un poco más, que serian una zona donde estaba construyendo altares y los corrales. Llevaba 1 mes jugando. Pero lo que mas me a jodido es que para destruir lo nuestro, hayan utilizado una id de un jugador. Que ademas ese jugador estaba jugando con otro en ese momento. Pero si son 30 dias ya no me comprare los dlc. Fue bonito mientras duro. Un abrazo y un saludo

were banned because they closed the jungle and swamp obelisk … and about being loyal, they knocked the server down when they were threatened, except that they were toxic, especially Dilan … So innocent

Oh, did you forget to mention that tidbit of information in the original post?

2 Likes

Maybe you can explain all the times you meshed on 3541 wWill. You call it “limbo”

Funcom apparently thinks blocking an ob is a worse offense then Meahing into black keep or the executioner’s cave or the tower at riversend.

Please be honest and dont deny all the meshing you and you’re brazilain clanmates did.

1 Like

Maybe you can explain all the times you meshed on 3541 wWill. You call it “limbo”

Funcom apparently thinks blocking an ob is a worse offense then Meahing into black keep or the executioner’s cave or the tower at riversend.

Please be honest and dont deny all the meshing you and you’re brazilain clanmates did.

talk about loyalty and mind in the post … don’t change the subject. I haven’t been on 3541 for almost 01 year and your little friends found our base, normal, without any undermesh … and better late than never. Justice has been served. Be honest and assume what you did

1 Like

Man, just write to https://funcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us?return_to=%2Fhc%2Frequests, in the past of “appealing a ban/why i was banned”, Funcom may tell you the reason and the duration of your ban.

1 Like

Ahahahahahahahahah.
Appealing a ban to funcom?? Hahahahahahhhahaa
Even if you are right, even if you did nothing wrong they won’t do anything.
They won’t unban you, they won’t give your staff back and probably they won’t answer you.
It happened with me, with some Friends and with some enemies…
Funcom is crazy. I’ve got banned for “stacking fence foundations”…
Official servers are done.
This game is done.
They are going to launch siptah island but everybody knows that it Will flop.
They do nothing to build player’s loyalty to the game.

1 Like

So many threads lately of innocent angels being banned for doing good deeds and being the heroes. Strange. And they all descend into stupid “nu uh, you did” threads between server players.

Also, I love when someone posts that they had more than 1k hours in a game and it only “had potential”. Like, geez, if I created something someone used for 6k hours I’d be perfectly happy calling it a day and shutting it down. Mission accomplished, provided 6k hours of play, on to the next project. What in the hell is the goal beyond 6k hours?

Sometimes I look at my 1100 hours and wonder why I waste so much time on this, then people come along with 3-6k hours talking about how the game “had so much potential.” Well, sh*t.

1 Like

Haber que yo no soy de ellos. Que yo juego en otro servidor. Y donde estaba, tenĂ­a solo una explanada y no corte nada. Mi castillo era una fortaleza de 20 x 2o cubico. No tengo nada que ver con ellos. Si hicieron eso pues seguramente se lo merecĂ­aram lo de tapar un obelisco o ptras cosas

Actually it sounds more like he got the reason for the ban after he made the original post. Can’t fault him for that. At least he actually got a specific and logical reason. A lot of people these days don’t when they get banned from a service. Instead they get some vague “violation of community guidelines” BS.

Anyway, I can see excessive land claim being a valid reason in this case. Not being able to build or use obelisks because the whole map has been taken over by one clan can be as disruptive as some cheater building under the ground. On a private server, that would be fine. You can do whatever you want if it’s your server. But the official servers are meant to be shared with the rest of the public. In fact this kind of illustrates the reason some people favor an occasional server wipe. Sure, a warning would have been nice, but looking at it from a server admin perspective, I’m not so sure it’s really practical to individually ask people to please demolish some of their base.

Pues yo pienso que los administradores deberían avisar y decir lo que van hacer pero tambien hay que reconocer que si administran muchos servidores, también les costaria hacer tantos mensajes. Por una parte veo bien que se rompan porque empezar uno nuevo no tiene casi espacio para construir pero por otra la gente a invertido tiempo en el juego. Al final tiene que haber un equilibrio, pero eso si si se lo haces a uno, hazselo a todos

On a private server blocking obelisks would get you banned even quicker unless as you say you are the admin but then your server will be what we call single-player private servers because noone would play on this server.

3 Likes

and just to make it clear, his clan is good at playing, they know how to fight in pvp. They didn’t need to close obelisks … We opened the jungle obelisk and they closed again at the time. They had a chance to correct it and thought it was untouchable …

1 Like

Yeah, well there is definitely no excuse to block off any strategic locations on Siptah or Exiled Lands. There are too many servers that have considerate players that just enjoy playing the game. They raid each other, they farm and pillage and build, etc. They collaborate for raid weekends and have a ton of fun.

Surely no-ones unable to see the usefulness of letting other players and clans build up? Never raid a clan to nothing or they give up and your source of product dries up. When did burning a shop down help keep the spice flowing… (sorry, wrong game :slight_smile: )It makes more sense, if you are playing on any PvP server, to keep the lag down by building well, not humongous (there’s only so much compensation anyone needs).

But humans of all ages being what they are…

Go for a private server then. Either get your own and have others join you, or look for one that works and has active admin(s). That should make all the difference.

But, blocking portals, dungeons and other strategic game items, spamming mega-builds just to block out the map, well, don’t complain when bannings happen.
Oh, and hate-speech of any kind is, in most countries illegal and should earn players without a doubt lengthy and/or permanent bans (and that includes player character names)

I am sure they did. . . .
I like these threads because it shows FC is finally cleaning up the toxic players. Thoughts and prayers. . .

2 Likes