Banning trolls from servers

It’s your fault. You’re handing out free intel to others playing the same instance of a pvp survival war game.
And it’s not bullying per se. These type of games aren’t about peace and friendship, they’re about embracing barbaric savagery and might making right, literally.

1 Like

The only peace and friendship are the ones who end up in your clan. Everyone else is a target. Some higher than others, but a target.

Any intel given out would get a player kicked from our clan. We don’t even tell who our real leader is, if we know each other in real life, etc. Secrecy adds to our strategy.

lol not even that between clan mates in some. With some of the alpha clans I’ve been with if there wasn’t someone to fight the in-fighting would flare up pretty bad instead.

1 Like

Yog!!

I don’t even tell people where I am or amncouce things on a PVEC server. I would never stream. If I do announce it is in clan chat. To my can mates.

Censorship at it’s finest, flagged for no reason.

1 Like

Look, it’s not that it’s cool to stream snipe - it’s lame, and the mark of someone with low morals and/or low skills.

It’s just that the countermeasures are easy and it’s a self-orchestrated problem to begin with.

I don’t know what a ‘streamer mode’ entails, can someone maybe explain (in Conan Exiles terms) what that would be?

I don’t stream, so not really completely familiar with it, but from what I gather, it basically just hides sensitive information when you’re streaming. Anything from blurring out account or server names to disguising the map when you open it.

It’s not perfect, obviously. But it’s easy to see that the concept has some merit.

Thanks. Okay, I should think that hiding one’s server name is easy enough (just don’t start your stream until you’re ingame?), same goes for account name - unless one is doing it for fame, in which case see “problems, self-inflicted”.

Blurring/hidning the Map location - sure, I suppose that might be a tiny bit helpful, but it wouldn’t eliminate the problem, only make it slightly more cumbersome - most locations in CE will have a “landmark” somewhere in the vicinity.

Well, the point of it is so that you don’t have to go through those extra steps to hide that information. Like I said, it’s not perfect, and frankly speaking live streaming a multiplayer game is essentially issuing a challenge to all the trolls and cheaters out there. Price of fame and all that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.