Basegame NPC's all teleporting to 1 location

Seems to me that this issue is aggravated by 2 factors 1 is mods and the more mods the more mobs seem to go to this location. The other thing that gets it going is the number of players doing different activities around the map. These 2 items together should give you the best result to reproduce the issue. On my private server we have a rush of people playing in the afternoon and evening. We can go all day without a mob transporting but once we have some server population things get fun and by fun I mean mobs from across the map start falling from the sky. Hope this additional info helps you test and solve the problem.

4 Likes

I recommend watching any streams from the Forgotten Fables RP server - we get this issue every day, from skeletons to bosses!

Thanks for the update, regardless.

1 Like

Well in terms of reproduce with the equipment needed the only way to get the info would be to take server to their studio as you must understand that looking at what is happening and having the said problems hooked up to a machine that can identify and locate problems and what causes them and get the static’s data from the database will not work since it’s not in their studio so only way to fix is for them to reliable reproduction in their office unfortunately but I don’t have this problem thus there’s not much I can do to help or I would

1 Like

we have now built a stone henge around this location and it has become a location of great mystery on our RP server :stuck_out_tongue: but yes still occurring for us on base conan map, would love to have a solution sometime soon <3

1 Like

I appreciate the more detailed response. However, it has been 2 months we have waited for any response at all and it sucks to hear an issue of this severity isn’t your teams top priority. I implore you to plead with your team to make this an A priority. Modded servers are the heartbeat of survival games. Mods are what have given other survival games their longevity and playability. When new players look for a server to play on, they look for servers that are heavily populated, and heavily populated servers are the ones that are the worst effected by this issue. I am the owner of one of those heavily populated modded servers and it breaks my heart to see this wonderful game bleed players at the rate that it is due to this issue alone. My players cant make it through many of their fights because their mobs fall through the ground and wind up at the 0.0 location (we call it the bermuda triangle). This issue is not brought on by any particular mod. We have tested it extensively. Servers can have no mods in common at all and still see the issue. Having mods on your server simply breeds better conditions for the problem to occur, such as having lower frame rates and higher ping. We have already given you and your team examples of how to perfectly reproduce the issue with little to no players or mods on a server, there should be no hold up in that regard.

Ignasis, you are our only hope in relaying the urgency of this issue to the team. If this thread with 2k views and 65 responses pleading for help over the course of several months isn’t enough, I’m at a loss for words.

Please make this a level A priority as soon as possibly. I assure you the game is bleeding players at an alarming rate due to this problem on both siptah and exiled lands.

3 Likes

Look do not take this the wrong way but really its not a top issue to be worked on, I guess nor is the fact that npc hold their weapons in hands forever, or that npc fall though the earth never to be seen again , or that you have to run out of LOD and back to find npc that just fall though the mesh or that you swim on foundations half the time you spawn into your base. Oh how about the Witch queen and her minions not moving , just watching you hack them to pieces , oh wait half the time you can not even hurt them. Or wait the Red Mother still hits the follower under mesh, the oh yes do not forget the underwater city and pathing and the fact that all the npc are auto aggo, or the Scorpion Den and fact hardly anything will attack and the Well of skelos and the then the broken hate list in for all little thrall spots along the river and in Set City the new npcs added in last update, if you happen to be lucky enough to see one before all the other npc kill them.

I wonder just how many A-D groups you all have not being worked on as it seems you do not fix the real problems anymore, its so frustrating to read the same comments about the same bugs, the same issues over and over for months.

I came with the hope that my problem would be solved in 2-3 days. I see that you guys have been waiting for a solution for 3 months. It seems that the developer won’t help me

Nu nu nu you are thinking of other gaming companies that actually fix major bugs in a timely manner, rollback when they mess up, communicate with the community on the forums etc, run polls about major gameplay changes, when a player that just bought the game comes to the forums for support they help and have their issues fixed fairly quick because obviously they are gonna be refunding this game pretty quick otherwise (< that one is what pissed me off, cant even provide support to new players which is one of THE MOST COMMON things for a gaming company to do is if someone buys your game you have support to help them instead of being like yeah we have been looking into this (hehe lets not add that we have been for months and the fix may not come… oh ever)) =D

But nuu this is Funcom. Hahah ha ha…

Guys, I know it’s frustrating, but toxicity won’t help solve anything, and it certainly won’t encourage the developers to tackle this problem any faster!

2 Likes

Well another week has gone by. Sure would be nice if this was a top priority from the developers as it’s a top priority for the players who actually paid for this game. Would be nice if we could get some more updates on what is being done and how long this is expected to take before someone fixes this issue.

1 Like

I run a heavily populated RP server as well (Waves to Funcom, Hi! RP Community here :slight_smile: Remember us?) We’ve been experiencing this as well and I can confirm it happens more and more when the server comes under load. The other week we had approx 64 players on and things were flying out of there like crazy. We had to build a number of traps under the spot to kill the mobs so that they would respawn for people. Server bogs to 2-3 server FPS and uses over 20gb of RAM. (I do not discount the mods here)

I think this is a pervasive problem but simply underreported. I wasn’t going to report it until I read that it was considered low reproduction rate (Which I would argue all you need to do is sort by server size and you will have a high reproduction rate). And yes, mods are also your responsibility to which you do not get to abdicate. You wrote their interface, you wrote what they can and cannot do, and you are the only ones that can, dare I say, optimize their usage.

While a lot of our player base dismisses a lot of these issues with a waggle of the finger and an “Oh Funcom, you rascal” they do see a pattern here when it comes to the problems on RP servers. We seem to be last called to the dinner bell.

It would be nice to hear that this and server optimizations are part of your next update instead of ensuring some people on officials cant undermesh.

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind the post, but any update about a ETA on a fix for it, if I may ask? @Ignasi Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hey there,

Unfortunately there’s been no developments since our last update, as the team is now focusing on stabilizing the current Testlive build. Once that build is ready, they’ll be able to tackle new tasks. We’ll try to inform about any new developments then. If we don’t do so, please feel free to poke again to check on the status next week.

5 Likes

I shall certainly ensure that this thread is kept alive and well, so these issues can be tackled.
The ever-present issue of mobs falling through the world if they don’t teleport to the singular location is still a thing too :frowning: So jarring for roleplay servers!

That is why it will never be fixed…it will stay with the plethora of other bugs that have been around for years until people find ways around it or a modder fixes it.

Also making sure this thread stays alive. It’s an terrible game-killing issue. There are too many servers and communities with this issue for it to continue to just be brushed off.

Almost 3 months and still no fix for this issue. A huge game breaking issue for many servers , no boss its just gone and hiding at one spot on map and no one things this is important enough to fix ASAP. More reasons the player base is dropping off.

Yesterday 18 Players on the Server, hundreds of NPCs are despawning and spawning at 0.0.0 and the ping increased. NPCs are from Vanilla game and from Mods.

Bumpin’

Still an issue, alongside the dropping through the world and being unable to continue to fight creatures/mobs :confused:

Just a hand full of players on the server and things are still going to 0.0.0

This should honestly be a priority due to it being a (pretty much) game-breaking bug.