Battle pass feedback

Agreed 100%

my poll had
no to BP, bring back DLC (the stubborn, ’ I hate this’ and not willing to give it a shot)
Max price $1 for individual items
Max price $5
Max price $10.

44% were salty and said screw BP, give me DLCs
34% said $1 maximum
13% said $5
and 9% said $10 max.

3 Likes

my apologies then Erjoh you are correct

the flaw was even adding a 1 dollar option
i know you meant towards the store saying there will be 1 dollar things

but we all are used to 10 dollars. if you give them the option for dollar items of course people will jump on that.

The data disagrees with the assumption people (the very people who said they would pay for BP items individually) are willing to generate this revenue stream.

1 Like

And im glad, i wont be supporting this either. but i understand now where you said people are willing to shell out only a dollar for this system being in place.

again, my apologies

I mean if every chair, bookshelf, table cost 1$. you already paying more than what we got in DLC packs.

3 Likes

No worries. The goal of the poll was to try to show FC that there was fiscal incentive to open these items up outside of the BP. I was shocked as anyone else to see the results.

1 Like

The only thing i can say is

buy only, and i mean only the things you want. nothing more
we cant just give them 30 bucks for thirty items to complete a kitchen set.

this isnt the sims and funcom isnt EA

Edit : i love the sims btw , i hate the nickel and dime scheme is all

1 Like

True, but at least we could then decide which chairs and bookshelves we want to buy rather than get the whole bundle of furniture just to use the candle and the doormat we wanted.

Me, personally, I’d be willing to pay more than before, for the luxury of choosing what to buy and when. And this from someone who bought all DLCs (except for the Yamatai DLC which I don’t want) at full price, despite getting several DLC keys and one Complete Edition for free as contest prizes etc. (I donated all those away because I wanted to support Funcom by paying for their content.)

1 Like

DLC’s proven to be an unreliable way of making enough money to make content updates more frequent.
(There has been a long draught of content)

Funcom asked a marketeer how to improve the income more stable so they can further develop the game.

A lot of you think this is a bad and evil some kind of sceme, but its actually benefiting everyone playing the game and will have free content. I see no evil sorry… I simply haven’t been convinced yet of why that would be, and I’ve been reading a lot of comments.

I’d be happy to pay for “charity (for example a battle pass)” and support new content being made available for everyone even the ones that can’t normally pay for new content. I think the players paying for the new content deserves a fitting reward.

2 Likes

I get the idea behind it but the optional values don’t really leave too much wiggle room. I mean, going from 1 buck to 5 for a single item is a bit much but I do appreciate you saying it was the maximum and that leaves a pretty wide range of options.

Maybe I’ve become too cynical about how thoroughly people read but I’d want to be especially sure people were aware of this before making any kind of judgement call with the results. (5 bucks maximum is probably the most sensible option, to me at least - I should probably vote in the poll)

2 Likes

Now @TeleTesselator poll is showing different results than mine…

Mine had an overwhelming amount saying they want DLC’s (44%) while Tele’s is showing just under 20%. I believe my poll may have been released too soon to get accurate measure (and I’m also thinking Tele’s may as well) since couping with change is still going on in an emotional level. I’m curious what both of our polls will look like after 30 days.

1 Like

the thing i have trouble with, is how you say dlc isnt viable.

you acknowledge the fact that there is a content drought, so of course there will be money drought

they can make more, or at least break up what they have into culture pack like dlc. and keep the idea of a shop

the battle pass will be 10 dollars anyway.
they can have bazaar on top of the dlc model. a battle pass is dlc with extra steps.

BIG edit : I understand how they can justify the exclusivity, trust me i think its fair ive said it a few times now. but its just system most people dont want. at least here on the forum anway.

im willing to see what its like before i totally hate this idea.

1 Like

Problem is when they decide to arbitrarily remove furniture from the cash shop. Time limit really? Exclusivity? I’ll take my business elsewhere

1 Like

thats the part im not a fan of either.
it sucks but this is the marketing tactic they are choosing or at least willing to accept for their product

It was stated the store will rotate the items so they will return at a different date. As noted below.

2 Likes

Yep and that’s why I don’t think the main goal is $ but player counts. The Battle Pass demands you actually spend time playing the game (not a lot mind you since this is a very easy BP from what I can see) while DLC’s don’t. The numbers are stagnant because of this. If they are moving CE to F2P and BP, it would be interesting to see how this plays out since F2P survival is practically unheard of.

2 Likes

I get what you mean, I just think that since they needed a marketeer to help them with this.

True, but I don’t know that as well, maybe its not enough and that’s why they asked a professional

They want to bring Conan Exiles to a higher level, meaning more frequent updates which I’m a huge fan of, but this comes with a cost too… and I’m willing to pay this.

3 Likes

you are correct, see my edit if you want.

but they can bring it to whole new level different ways

its not preditory, but it is aggressive marketing. and that is what works on mobile games and some console games.
time will tell if this will bode well.

im willing to see how Funcom handles this before i fully agree or disagree.

i will support funcom, always have always will. but it does seem a little much for me. ill just have to wait and see yknow?

Haha I’ve read it
Not sure if most people is correct to say, but definitely the loudest haha

1 Like