Battle pass feedback

I read that as “We’re going to take the money we make by selling the battle pass and use it to help us throw a few more free features into the game.”

Nothing in that statement suggests the battle pass will be free.

2 Likes

A lot of people responded to you - you must be over the target of a sensitive point. :wink:

So, what you’re saying is basically; keep the same model they have now and don’t do a battle pass or a store - just release “stuff” more often? Is that right?

I dunno, I don’t think I care if it’s a “DLC” on Steam or an item in game store on a tab. The in-game menu or tab (store) will get more traffic and generate more revenue I think. So IMO that’s better - because I want FC to make money so that I can have more content more often.

No Battle-Pass? Hmm, again, I don’t think I care either way. It won’t be affecting me much or at all. Likely I’ll look at the BP in-game tab once a month and ask myself: Why on Earth would I want that? It’s already the case for me with the DLC packs and pretty much everything in the Artisan Bench. If it’s a new map tho - I’m on it immediately! And likely the same with new playable content. I just hope they charge high and run sales once or twice a year at 50%.

People are thinking that the BP will be around $15 but I honestly think it should be more like $45 or $50. There are less than 200k people playing this game. If 10% of them buy the BP and that would be an EXTREME win, that’s only $300k and the BP is to fund them for three or four months? For sure they’re going to be getting less than $100K per month and very likely half that after the newness dies down. A hundred thou a month covers only the payroll of a very small team after rent, and other expenses.

Anyway, I dunno… those are some of my thoughts anyway. I could go either way on weather items are sold through a in-game store or over Steam. IMO they need more of this assuming that’s a physical item with a decent grade of steel:

A lot more! I want some shirts and even some wide-band Conan underwear. :wink:

3 Likes

I completely agree with you on these points.
I also want FC to make money, after all I want to be able to continue enjoying FC games in the future and be able to completely lose myself in them.

I’m looking forward to Dune (first person perspective), Conan 2 (if it comes sometime in the future) and all the other survival hits that FC will develop.

And especially the content that comes out for all these games.

“Here FC take my money and let me play until I’m old and gray”

3 Likes

@Cattibria, I apologize I am 965, yet if it is possible. Is there already any feedback from devs about the cost amount of the battle pass and how long it’s going to last? I mean if the “quests” to level up on battle pass have 3 month duration, that means it will be impossible not to be able to complete the quests. Thank you, even for 0 reply, just for your patience first.

1 Like

I can’t wait until we get the pass i don’t think it’s gonna cost any more money then past dlc $10 not braking the bank they never have. And the store no one is making anyone buy anything if you don’t want the game to grow then don’t spend money if you do then spend away $$$

1 Like

I have not been advised on that, and I am sure that information will be shared as the time approaches.

5 Likes

All of what you have said. I agree, and I am no gamer familiar with BP or other enticements for online gaming, etc.
I would like to see how it works myself, without relying on the input of the man-boy killer base that lives and plays online, yet tries to sound like Aristotle.

1 Like

I was paying the battle pass of my son on fortnite! If you’re a collector of special items and have no patience, prepare to spend. I personally don’t care at all that I don’t own some early items. Even in twitch I logged in with my daughters account, I could easily connect to have the right for these items, yet I am not dying you know! All the dlcs are lovely with beautiful items but I payed them from respect, not because I really felt that I needed them. Ofcurce back then the pict armor and the guardian was very convenient, so they were priorities for my game style and I bought them immediately. I love vanilla pieces and vanilla armors. 4 of the dlcs were gifted to me from contest winners that already owned them. Bottom line I will pay easily for this battle pass, I count thousands of hours on this game so practically this game saved me a lot of money. To some games I payed full prize and after some decades of hours I didn’t want to play them anymore :man_shrugging:. I feel safe here @JJDancer, I know that I will like it and I won’t regret for paying. Even if things will go bad, which I don’t believe, I feel that I own this to them for all the good years I had playing this game. They have my trust because they earn it!

Really disappointed with the Battle Pass mechanic. I hope you’ll reconsider. Me, and many other steam owners own ALL of your DLC, which is several hundred USD. Limited time content is a massive insult.

Just release your content in a normal DLC pack.

5 Likes

Additonal feedback. CUT OUT THE CREATIVE PRODUCTS! This last blog has got me salivating a bit more and not just battle pass but bazaar. I’m not used to really getting cool things in the game storefronts like this so just stop it. My kids need back to school clothes.

1 Like

I just hope the battle pass doesn’t replace dlc in the console stores. I am against emotes being in the battle pass.

Don’t want to miss out? Simply buy it.
These are only cosmetics, you don’t need it to play the content.

The only insult would be if they decide to re-release it while earlier players thought they would have something unique. That’s a real insult and a cash grab.

Anything in the store will be re-released.

Anything in Battle Pass supposedly will not.

1 Like

Yes, let us see how it works out rather than listening to the cult like sycophantry of bootlicking crypto-kiddies who have not a shred of decency but like to pretend they are all successful entrepreneurs or are the only ones supporting the game.

3 Likes

Dafuq did I miss in this whole discussion?!?

That outburst came out of the blue and I can’t figure out what it’s referring to.

This one is now using the language of this thread.
An experiment in reciprocated decency.

Some people present their points with dignity, others with nothing resembling it.
To communicate, one use a shared language.

Read the post it is in response to.

2 Likes

Oh. Yeah. That.

I’ve been having problems detecting that since I was a kid. I’ve made progress, but it occasionally flies under my radar.

Well-crafted, though. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure, it makes sense for the Battle Pass to cost about as much as an old DLC, but I bet it won’t have the same amount of content as a DLC either. The only saving grace is that if you complete it, you gain enough Crom coins to buy the next one.

The rest of the normal DLC’s worth of content will be in the Bazar, and probably cost many times that of a full DLC. I readily expect we would have to pay $70+ for the same amount of Cosmetic content we used to spend $10 on.

I would love to be proved wrong. If I could spend $10, get the Battle Pass, then spend $10 more to buy all the Bazar content, I would probably buy it all every Age. $50 the first year, and $40 every year after assuming I complete the Battle Pass every 3 months. That is already more than Funcom typically gets due to their slow-ish DLC release schedule, but if the price/content is the same as before, that will be pretty fair.

2 Likes

The battle pass is an insult. Make more dlc without Fortnite or other games rush buy tactics. Put all outfits in a dlc bundles. Oh look a better idea than a battle pass. Battle passes are for children whom have no jobs and can either afford to buy everything in a rush or be on the game every day. This game 17 and higher. Why do we need a kid rush by tactics?

Consumables are in the battle pass.