Battle pass feedback

Getting to level 60 in battle pass is pretty easy im already at 58 and im.just crusing now on per day stuff like i spent close to 10 hrs a day in singleplayer getting it though the fact that were getting two month to do it … is quite generous since it was pretty fast to do challenge and the level exp needed doesnt change still st 1k needed per level

No they do not. What you forget to mention in your post is that the battlepass shifts focus completly spending time torwards questing grinding and away from your personel and individual gameplay.

The question is: can you just play the game like you used to and finish the battlepass alongside without focusing or looking at it at all and the answer is no. You are able to do some quests: like farming certain materials, killing some npc and there like. So you will definetly get some levels from that quests just by farming and playing like you normally do. But to complete the bp you have to focus on it and go for the quests with the highest modifiers or your won´t be able to finish it off.

For someone who has just an hour or less of gameplay a day the bp can become a tedious grind over time. And he might start to feel its not worth at all, because it takes precious time away from the things he actually want to do in that little time he has on each day to play.

What most forget is, that the bp is very new. The quests are new and still exiting. Once people get used to it they might not feel that comfortable anymore. And for people that paid for the battlepass it will more and more become a burden as they now have to play and finish the bp every time to get their spend money on it back so they can buy the next bp without spending another 10 dollars.

Whoever buys into the bp needs to think longterm or else he is loosing the money he spended on it. If he is fine with that, go for it. Nobody says he can´t.

6 Likes

You mention you spent 10 hours a day doing it in signle player.
Most people don’t have a huge amount of time to put into games.
They have responsibilities.
And yes, you can spread that time out over 2 months.

But here’s the thing.
Grinding it out in single player?
It’s boring.

If you only have so many hours a week to play Conan, a game you love, and you really want some of those items in the battle pass?
Suddenly I’m not playing Conan any more. I’m not spending time building my base, exploring and catching thralls and doing dungeons with friends.
I’m just in creative mode spawning in AI, killing them, flying around the map just to stand in the right spot…
I’m not having a fun time.

A lot of players are being given the option to either stop playing Conan and start playing Battle Pass Grind, or to just not buy the battle pass and miss out on what it offers. (and the devs miss out on their money)
I want to support the devs. I want to get access to these cool items the Battle Pass offers!

I also just think, wouldn’t it be more fun for EVERYBODY involved if the battle pass was something we could comfortably do whilst playing the actual game?
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if instead of grinding in creative mode we could just be playing the game, chipping our way through it and occasionally say “oh hey, I have a mission to kill some mammoths, you guys feel up to a run up north to help me out with it?” and suddenly it’s a fun activity for you and the crew.

Instead I pull up admin, spawn 5 mammoths and beat them up in god mode because I don’t have time to go find them, and don’t have time to actually enjoy the challenge of killing them.

5 Likes

Totally agree with that as well… and the game is 18 plus age rating some are 21 plus age depend on laws… and that matter because their marketable player will be adult only. Not some underage teen. Etc.

1 Like

I don’t think the situation is as grim as you describe. We have three months to complete the Battle Pass. That’s 0.67 levels per day. Even casual players should be able to maintain that pace. One doesn’t need to focus on completing challenges. As long as you’re at least aware of your challenges you can maybe adjust your activity a little and finish some challenges. Mine that tenth iron ore node instead of stopping at 9. Kill the hyenas on your way instead of running past. Use those rerolls if nothing on your active list looks like something you’d complete.

But no, you can’t just afk for three months and expect to be rewarded for it.

1 Like

It’s a little hard to stomach that we pay for ingame chores.

I’m doing mine in Single Player with Pippi Admin. None of my friends are interested in the battle pass purely because of the ingame chores. This reminds me of WoW and the systems where “You can do it passively over weeks”, that went down like a ship made of stone.

Could you maybe rename it to “Seasonal Pass” take our money and reward us the items involved in the chore pass? I mean, battle pass.

From the hundreds of gamer friends I’ve made over the years, not one of us plays -just one game-. I’m fine with supporting further content for Conan Exiles monetarily, I’m not fine with paying only to find chores attached. We log on to roleplay and farm materials to build bigger bases.

~ Cinna

6 Likes

Oh, but you can do that. You just have to pay extra $$$ for it, because you’re a naughty gamer who wants to avoid doing chores.

So far out of 3 days of doing challenges, I hit level 9. They do not seem to bad. Mostly did them on the official server to be fair. I noted the ones I did on my private server below. I have not rerolled the challenges either. Not that they been great each day, but always found 1 or 2 slots that were doable.

Only hard one I did was kill 5 tigers (2 on the official server, 3 on my private servers)

Harvest 10 vulture feathers (private server)
Visit Relic Hunter City (Sep.) (private server although could have done this on the official server easily since my character logged out right next to the city - that is where my clan base is located but stopped playing on that official server over a year ago)

The rest all done on the official server at 30 or 40 exp each without counting the multiplier.

Skin 10 corpses.
Butcher 10 corpses.
Kill 10 humans
Kill 10 salamanders x2
Kill 10 prey (gazelles in my case) x2
Kill 10 birds x2
Harvest 30 berries x3
Harvest 10 iron ores
Harvest 10 black ice
Harvest 10 coal
Harvest 10 crystals

Think that is all. I may have forgotten something. On the most part as you can see, I only did the easy ones, where some only took mere few minutes. Others may taken a bit longer since need them to repop, but overall probably less than 30 minutes. Probably overestimating how long it took for them to repop.

Side note, killing one elephant or rhino with poison (by putting poison my daggers) did not gain the achievement. I even had my thrall not attack to no avail. Probably bugged but maybe I am doing something wrong, so I did not bug report that one yet.

If you complete 3 challenges a day - you will gain one level easily, probably in less than 30 minutes. I only grinded one day many challenges (multiplier was in the double digits since I did not play for 3 days) nor I used them all either. Logged after about 3 hours. It gives me something else to do in the game which is fine for me. I am more active now than I had been in a while. So I am enjoying it. With 90 days to complete 60 levels, I think its very doable even if I only do 4.5 levels in a week.

Nothing good about it. The rewards are flimsy at best, even the payed ones much less the free ones, it is a grind chore that changes the game into checkboxes rather than an open survival experience. One of the worst additions and completely breaks immersion.

The Bazar on the other hand is ok. As long as it actually works as an actual mtx shop and not timed deals and waiting around for something you want to buy to appear. If they want to move from DLC to this new system, then do it right.

Apparently the idea was being able to also buy DLC content in parts. I don’t see that anywhere.

Poorly implemented, at best. But at least the Bazar has potential.

The idea here is to keep you always logged in and occupied. It is a bad method and in fact a practice that is trying to make our modern day Matrix. They just want to see people sit there grind all day and pay. We have a life too. Everyone I played with hates the Battlepas and progression system.

Also, the op said that DLC did not make much money. Horse s!!!t. That is the biggest pile of bs anyone could ever say. The DLC in this game was selling out like crazy. Almost everyone I played with had at least half the DLC if not all. The problem is they got lazy and thought “making seasonal DLC every few months is too much work, new armours, weapons, themes, building pieces… naaaah, lets work less and make more”… THAT was the issue. And it showed how DLC stopped dramatically after the first year or more of the game and decreased in quantity as well (what it provided). Can’t complain your DLC isnt making you money when you are not adding DLC as frequently and to the same level as before.

“The developers need to get payed, muaaaaa, I worked for a big corp, muaaaah”, so have most of us, and nobody said we want free stuff. Its a childish argument to make and we are tired of hearing it. We all work in companies, for clients, customers, and a dozen other things. Stop talking to people like they are children. Even children don’t complain cause daddy pays with the credit card.

People are complaining over a system that is not good and is evidently there to milk you. We ALL want to support the developers and the game and we love it, so we would gladly support them. The idea is, to make us feel like it is worth supporting them. The DLC did just that, nobody that played the game for over a couple hundred hrs didnt buy DLC in this game, and they loved doing so and building their new stuff, and went on to buy other DLC too.

But when I feel you are asking me to pay you and I get a flimsy mechanic with sub par additions to my experience, why on earth would I say “woooow, amaaaazing system!”.

Let me get this straight, you fill the Battlepass up with mediocre rewards, then charge for the complete battle pass, you also make your predatory nature obvious by giving the free BP players even more mediocre things (and shy away from giving any crom coins… coincidence)… anyway, and then after people PAY for the battle pass you put them in a grind wheel, and if they don’t want to grind they pay more for levels, to unlock again some mediocre stuff at some point…

And people are defending this compared to outright seeing something you like in the DLC or Bazar and just simply buying it?

LOL…

Seems to me the OP hasn’t worked in the environment they said they do at all actually. More often than not the one who boasts is again, full of it. Cause if they did, they would know that “projections of profits” are not always realistic neither managable.

Saying, “they probably saw DLC didn’t make many profits and meet their goals” is simply saying they are greedy and set higher goals than they should for a small indie game that they are trying to make into something bigger and milk more out of it.

They want our support? Show us what they worked on for the last year, and I will say awesome, take my money in the form of items in Bazar and DLC.

They have flmisly added content to the game since the team changed, and Siptah was the only big content they released, which was actually being worked on while the older DLC was being made and released. LOL. There is more work done by modders. Seriously, that is sad.

Came back after a year to play on official servers, and the game still feels 5 years old compared to the modded experience I had from 2 years ago. Its that sad.

You want us to constantly support you? We will happily oblige. Work for it and show us what we are supporting. Otherwise, its just you sitting on your behind and tossing out there some mediocrity every month that took a week to make and calling it a day and expecting people to pay. Doesn’t work like that.

Peace out.

2 Likes

So…everyone. How do you motivate people to actually play the game vs just refresh timers? This is the reason why BP’s across different games have these chores. How do you encourage playing? Should it keep ticking XP even after level 60 and after a certain amount you level the BP?

If there is no encouragement to actually playing, then you are functionally asking for a DLC rebranded as a BP.

1 Like

I mean, stuff may take a while.

But single player / Admin panel is always a viable option.

You can knock out daily 70s and 150s in what…30 minutes tops?

Maybe you don’t want to do that on “principle”, which is fine. But you have 91 days to get this done. If it still seems like too much for you to handle, just don’t buy it.

I’m fine with using the Admin panel to clear it, and then go off to play other games. I get what I paid for, when I want I spend longer periods playing Conan.

Saying you can’t use the Admin panel is pretty blatantly false. It takes no time or effort to setup a single player offline save file, that shouldn’t have anything to do with your online gameplay (if it does, then that’s a huge flaw in the game and on Funcom, I don’t know, never played online, never intend to)

OK this one is just too good not to ignore

Oh wow. That antidotal evidence would mean 7K of constant players on steam and approximately 21k total if including consoles and assuming similar # of players @ $10 a pop…that’s a whopping $210K!..to fund a company of over 200 and manage the free servers and produce meaningful updates that provide value to the current customer base…so that leave new projects at what? Release date 2035?

No of course not…just the same value proposition of $10 for over 60 items that was bleeding money from the company.

I treat people how I believe they want to be treated. If you act like a child, I assume you want to be treated as one. Now go to your room.

What specifically in the BP isn’t like a what you would receive in a DLC pack? Please I want an actual item that you feel is mediocre that you don’t get in a DLC. All you are doing is insulting the dev/artist teams with that statement.

Irrelevant. I have heard this before from ex-project managers as reasons why they didn’t fulfill their duties. That’s why they are ex. Seems to me that you have never dealt with high pressure environments where your success or failure will dictate if people keep their jobs or not.

You apparently never dealt with small business growth requirements. Smaller businesses are far more risky and so investors require a more significant dividend (or equity) than a more established business with reliable revenue. Plus a company of over 200 with offices in no less than 3 countries means they are no longer a small indy company regardless of what marketing tries to portray.

The question is: can you just play the game like you used to and finish the battlepass alongside without focusing or looking at it at all and the answer is no

This seems obvious. Considering the battlepass gives you tasks to grind, its obvious you cannot focus on the game like you used to.

However people are making it out like thats ALL they can do. I spend about 30 minutes a day max doing them and am halfway done now with it, and it hasn’t been out a week yet.

Some people are tilting at windmills pretty hard.

Its legit from an instant gratification standpoint that battlepasses are not fun for some people (I personally don’t love nor hate them).

Steam reviews certainly plummeted but are sitting positive at a 57% positive rating after the battlepass, so we know a good chunk of people hate them but is it enough people to hate it to stop it?

I think you mean “anecdotal”.

To be fair about the Battle Pass, most of the ones I’ve seen…are free.

XIV added one with it’s new PvP system. You participate in PvP, you earn XP, you rank up, you get free rewards.

Most of which are Trophy Crystals, that you use in a vendor to buy gear pieces and stuff (most of which are only used as glams now), but also some special drop pieces

I dunno about a larger variety of games, but the fact we have to pay to participate in the Battle Pass, does seem like it could come across as a bit on the tacky side.

I mean, you spend $10.
You then grind XP challenges to get the rewards.

I think the Battle Pass should be reworked. Make it free to participate with. Leave the rest of it alone.

1200 Crom coins per 13 weeks is hardly a big deal, and it’s used in the Bazaar, which might encourage more people to use the Bazaar with actual paid stuff on it.

It’s not like the Battle Pass has a huge variety of unlocks to begin with. I mean, the wall torches are just basic lighting changes. Hardly a huge amount of effort went into that.

When you knock out the freebie potions and the “illusory items” that are nothing more than current in-game items, just made to use for their glam system, look at what is left over.

The wall/floor paint stuff is pretty basic graphics that you slap onto existing walls. You get a couple legit new pieces which probably took the most effort out of all of it to achieve.

2 Likes

Every Age has Quests. There are 5 Quests in all, which, when completed, grants a prize and then
unlocks access to the Entire Age! All the new DLC is now available in the Bazaar, no timer, that is until the Age ends.

Quest 1: Mine not yours
Mine all the mineral materials in the Exiled Lands. Once you’ve completed this, you get a special Horned Miner’s Helmet, a belt torch and various advanced mats for next Quest.

Quest 2: If you can’t earn friends, recruit them
Recruit 5 thralls, from different factions, including one Named. You win a special golden Truncheon, special customizable glowing bindings, and more mats to prepare you for next Quest.

Quest 3: Urge to Purge
Build your shack into a mighty fortress, or at least big enough to earn a Purge. Survive a T3 or higher Purge and earn Random Named Purge Thrall, 15 ammonia eggs and 12 top healing pots.

Quest 4: Blast the masters
Kill 5 World Bosses using only Magic, with cooldown. Redeem this for 5 random magic globes, 10 magic sacks and a wizard cap helm.

Quest 5: Crafty Little Sorcery Desk
Build your wondrous Sorcery Launch Pad, using T3 mats, and many Sorcery Sacks. It completes over a number of real-world days, and can be interrupted and looted! When completed, you will get back T3 mats, 5 magic globes, Wizard’s Hoodie Cloak, Wizard’s Wand, 15 Charisma Potions and 15 Hearty Meals.

Age Completion:
Receive an ultra-rare Sorcery Bench that allows you to change thrall appearance. Requires Sorcery Desk. Some assembly required.

9 Likes

That’s the problem. I NEVER have stored modifiers. I use them up each day then go to logoff but then get suckered into easy crap.

TY. I thought my computer was full of sheet telling me it was the right way but I trusted it. Stupid computer.

Hi all,

my problem with the battlepass is, u have once a day on 5 challanges the x10 point modifiers. after
that its a heavy grind that makes no fun. i feel forced to play at the reset of challenges wich is at 3 pm.
then i get admin, teleport to the location and im done in 5 minutes.

but i want to play the battlepass when i want. it should be a motivation to play, at the moment i dont feel so. i suggest remove the x10 modifiers and give x5 more points as standard, always.
than can i play my battlepass when i want to. not only 5 minutes a day at 3 pm…

And i have paid for the battlepass, but i think i dont buy the next one when its the same system.

best regards.

2 Likes

Thats pretty good feedback IMO.

To me, it looks pretty easy to deal with the BP. Pay $10 once, and then either figure out the system and play a little every day, or if you can’t be bothered, pay a bit more to get the stuff you want and/or the next BP.

It’s not too hard to figure out how to use the rerolls with multipliers to maximize the BP XP you get from the challenges. I can usually get one legendary challenge a day, which already gives me 150x10=1500 XP, and that’s a level and a half. I try to get 700 or 400 for each of the remaining challenges, and do the 300 ones only if I’ve used all my rerolls for the day. All in all, I expect to be done with the BP in less than two months, comfortably.

The one thing that could put a wrench in that plan is if I skip one or more days. The multipliers accumulate for up to 5 days, but the rerolls don’t, so it’s much better to play a bit every single day than it is to let the multipliers pile up.

It would be nice if Funcom gave us a way to do something in-game to earn additional multipliers and/or rerolls. It could be something non-trivial, but it might be worth it.