Battle pass feedback

But that was 3rd party sellers taking advantage of demand and still happening with the PS5. Sony seems to go in a pattern of even numbered systems just dominate and odd numbers just don’t have the supply to keep up with demand.

Anyhow, I don’t think anyone is defending FOMO however we don’t see how this is predatory. Also, knowing what I know about how FC does it’s business, I don’t think it you will miss out…I suspect it will be up for sale indefinitely or you get a huge discount if you play up the battle pass. It’s wouldn’t be a missing out but more of a cost savings if you do the battle pass and play the challenges. FC isn’t Epic or like the rest and I think logical business comes into play…why would you limit you sales, long term, to play off this FOMO thing to get short term gain and then that work doesn’t gain any more revenue…seems dumb IMHO.

2 Likes

I was illustrating that this sort of behavior gets all of us, even consumers “in on it,” with the potential of scalping a machine – or a code – for profit.

1 Like

As I said, companies have a choice in the matter - no-one’s forcing them to do anything (except for some regional anti-gambling laws and age restrictions, which are already limiting us to some extent). They can choose to make a profit while taking responsibility, or they can choose to make a profit without taking responsibility. And as a consumer, I make my choices based on those company choices.

I’m not trying to take anything away from you. You can freely spend to your heart’s content. And I will happily pay for more Conan Exiles content, too. I’m not advocating for stopping development or bankrupting the company. All I’m asking for is a business model that does not specifically target those in vulnerable positions.

We cannot protect people from themselves, that much I admit (and have seen too often in my line of work). But we can choose not to intentionally exploit those who are unable to look after their own interests. Laws already exist in many countries that regulate advertising targeted for e.g. children. They don’t ban advertising targeted for children - you can have toy ads in your comic books - but they regulate the way those products are being marketed so that it’s not okay to e.g. say “you’re less cool than your schoolmates if you don’t have this toy” (even though that’s how the kid’ll feel anyway, that’s not acceptable marketing strategy). The kids will probably still annoy their parents until they buy the toy robot they saw in the comic book, but the ad was not done in a way to specifically target the vulnerability typical of a child.

I hope I’m explaining what I’m trying to say clearly enough.

Or, as a famous misquotation puts it: “A civilization is measured by how it treats its weakest members.”

4 Likes
2 Likes

Please, make things purchase able by steam, pls dont use boacompra dot com for Brazil transactions because it sucks. Some times i simple not buy things in games because de payment manager is this site.

You need to make something exclusive and rare… Then you find your buyer for nearly every price.
You can sell a poop heap and say that’s the only one I will ever sell… Then some people go crazy to get the unique poop.

Watch at the stupid and senseless monkey nft images… What a hype and what a great investment.:see_no_evil:

Per the blog: “Keep in mind that nothing is changing in terms of the things you can buy; nothing relating to player power can be found in the Bazaar”.

Just as I thought. This should assure the doubters and quiet the haters :thinking:

I agree…just had to plug the SoM.

Sounds too corporate shill like… But also, not a fan of battle passes and such and in general more games as a service stuff, because I play offline solo. So a) I doubt there will good ways to unlock cosmetics if you just play offline and with mods b) I already dislike how aggressive games as a service model is in this game or in others to players who just want to play offline in peace. With no forced updates that break mods and such.

1 Like

If you can actually prove artificial scarcity you can make a buttload of cash in court. That’s not at all the same thing as people feeling self induced fear and making it a political issue.

Ok the Infos are said now and I am a little bit shocked it’s this fomo what people where telling here.

And also why there is no price just crom coins… I realy hope the European law will forbid this type of shop in near future… I want know how much things cost and not hide them behind other currency…
:frowning:

At least they said it’s going to work on private and single-player as well. Still, I’m not a fan of battle-passes. I don’t know why, but when I have to log in daily to a game to complete some tasks, I generally get bored with it and don’t bother at all. That’s why I stopped playing Fallout 76 and moved back to Fallout 4.

2 Likes

They need to get rid of their marketing expert. Being an “expert” only means they are well-trained at siphoning money out of people, not that they know how to make a good game, not that they know how to provide a good experience, not that they should be listened to.

Marketing is like sorcery, it is inherently evil. One can be less corrupt or more corrupt, but you need to be corrupt to some degree to deal in marketing.

Ditch the predatory FOMO tactics.

9 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was thinking when Dennis talk about the expert that told its not good solution to let the people buy after it’s gone… Yeah because exactly fomo strategy. I feel that Dennis don’t look like he is a fan of it but it’s the decision of his company… But that makes it not better and I was realy hoping that funcom do it another way.

I don’t like company’s like this that want to take all the money with the best strategie from their customer.

That is not nice to hear and if its came how it is i am sure i will play but I don’t spend any cent to a system like this.
:cry:

4 Likes

Thats not the Issue.

Its the Predator ways they decided to do it.

So issue with Passes/Seasons Across games is the Limited time… Buy or Miss it.

No Breaks between, limited to Dalies. No chance to just BUY Items.

All because a EXPERT in Money Making decided you shouldn’t take peoples money in a normal fashion.
You do it in a way to force people to make a choice beyond yes or no.

This is BS that ruins all Battles Passes across games.

Look here 12 free items… but you don’t get others inless you pay 20-30$, When you only wanted to spend 5$ on armor set.
Its **************** and predatory and needs to STOP.

I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY FOR A ITEM I WANT. I do not want to spend 20-50$ for abunch of **** I do not need… or let alone miss out cause I did not devote time into game to unlock a later tier.

Everything past battle pass conversation sounded great… but Battle Pass content can burn… JUST BURN.

Battle Passes are a Cancer…

I have never encounter a battle pass that was fair… NOT EVEN Fallout 76. Which you can earn all items for free, all 100levels. You never have to spend any real money…
You just have to spend real time, grinding dalies for months to get to lv100.

Miss it? TO BAD!!! You shoudlve thrown money at it. LOL MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Be a NORMAL SHOP FUNCOM… I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THINGS I WANT.
I will not give money for for things I do not need for limited chance at 1-2 items I want.

Its R-worded…

9 Likes

I would be fine with the Battle Pass system if all the content contained within it would be available in the future (like 6 months later) for separate purchase for a pro-rated cost making it equivalent to what you would get with the old $10 DLC.

But everything about this new system sounds like they want to make it cost far more to get the same amount of content, and you must buy now before it is gone forever!

5 Likes

Using FOMO is predatory, don’t be EA and Ubisoft.
Make battle pass items available later, even if it just means dropping items into the bazaar rotation.

6 Likes

Marketing rat suggested the most predatory monetization possible. Does funcom even have enough player good will to survive the negative backslash incoming?

9 Likes

All you haters are wrong. FOMO is NOT predatory. Maybe thats your opinion but nope. Your logic is way off. Oh if I dont play the game I wont get stuff. THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? If you just log in once a week to refresh your timers well sorry you can’t get the cool new items cry me a river :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Well, it was obvious they’re doing this to sell the same amount of items for more money. Otherwise why do this micro-transaction stuff instead of normal DLC?

3 Likes