Bear Shaman Internal Bleed Question

Why are some bears using Internal bleed II over internal bleed IV? Apparently its meant to be better but I’m not sure why?

I guess it’s just the best “balance” of faster animation and moderate damage.
Internal Bleed II got the short animation of just two hits while providing more damage than Internal Bleed I which has the same animation. Internal Bleed III get’s a new animation with a third hit which makes the combo slower, same goes for Internal Bleed IV.

1 combo step vs 2 steps

All internal Bleed combo attacks are one step combos.

Its faster and ib is mostly used by shamans to activate the secondary effect of your manifestations.

I could swear higher ranks (like IB4) were 2 steppers, but logged in game to check and you are right, they are all 1 steppers.

Animation fits rotation better and iirc ib 2 dot starts weaker than ib4 but scales better and ends up hitting harder with weapon dmg buffs applied ,i could be off here though so better check it .

Pretty much same reason why sins use SDS rank 2 (pvp)

Is this true?
I tested both combos at the straw man but I never got better DoT results with IB 2, IB4 always had higher damage numbers and I always had the same weapon damage buffs up (Rune of Aggression, Blood Warrior, Rampage - using the T3.5 damage blunt).

never had that blunt so maybe it’s different with that set of 2hb and its stats. Maybe IB4 maybe scales better with combat rating 2hb than IB2

I tested it with t3 blunt (among others at that time) which has nowhere near the same stats, I mean the stats other than base dps.

but at that time it was clear that IB2 was the winner in DoT damage

[09:47] Your Internal Bleed II hits Straw Man for 227 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed II hits Straw Man for 217 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed II crits Straw Man for 616 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed II crits Straw Man for 616 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed II hits Straw Man for 207 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed II hits Straw Man for 207 slashing damage.

[09:47] Your Internal Bleed IV crits Straw Man for 605 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed IV crits Straw Man for 582 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed IV hits Straw Man for 205 slashing damage.
[09:47] Your Internal Bleed IV crits Straw Man for 582 slashing damage.

This is what i get with only rune of aggression and rampage up.No ruin applied for both of those.And as lurvi said ,might be other stats affecting it too

That’s interesting, maybe it’s really the weapon that makes the difference but then again - I don’t really think that ~11 damage per IB tick will make that much of a difference in overall DPS but since the damage is almost the same and IB 2 got the faster animation I may use that as a quick alternative whenever it’s needed.

If the DOT damage is the same, I would use the lower rank. I get the feeling the combo dmg from IB is quite underwhelming, would rather be done with it as fast as possible to start my shrewd blows, but the diffrence is probably so small you wont notice it. Same logic with Guard destroyer on guardian, rank 1 gives the same benefits, but is way faster combo :slight_smile:

Well personally i find ib2 fits every rotation better ,if you look to min max i guess you can go to details like rampage x Stacks affecting the dot right away or get reduced on the last ib4 hit that is one more vs ib2.

If you’re just doing pve the highest rank ib is good. If you’re doing PVP you use ib2 due to its shorter animation time to activate your manifestations secondary abilities. Using higher rank ib during PVP is bad because it can be easily interrupted by a skilled opponent before it can finish.