Being pretty does not give you a pass

Okay. Not screaming into the void, but shouting into the wind. Got it.

The only thing I’ll say, before leaving you to it, is that I doubt very much that you’ll convince anyone to conform to your personal, specific building guidelines based on your own interpretation of the TOS. That’s pretty much why the reporting exists in the first place, so that each one of us can say “hey, Funcom, I think this breaks the TOS” and then Funcom admins come and decide if it does or doesn’t.

Anyway, good luck! :+1:

6 Likes

Pretty much.

You saw my other thread, was any of that my interpretation of the TOS?

And you know how I feel about how zendesk works.

If only.

Yeah i would say the advertising of making big village/castles in game contradicts there rules . But i guess it wouldnt look good in trailers if it was a little box getting attacked by the stygians :joy:

Didn’t have a talk with this person that builds like there are no limits. This is the same person that went on a rip and started accusing everyone on the server of reporting their builds when many went side ways do to the foundation bug. And I can see why their first thought was some one reported them. Didn’t talk because they just ignored me while showing some one around there build that surrounds a POI. Quite literally the entire island and then some.

This person is well aware their builds; BUILDS, violate the TOS yet keep building like there are no limits. For some reason think the TOS doesn’t apply to them because they do so much for the server.

This is the same person that will go on a rip if admin took action with their massive TOS violating builds. In their mind they are the victim and the reporter needs punishing. And with all their buddies on the server it would happen; other players would drive the reporter off the server like they were the one in the wrong.

Now this person is far from being unique, I’d bet you could find this same person on most every PVE public server. They may be the example used but how many of you are wondering if it’s you or if I’m on about some one on your server.

1 Like

Good luck with that. The default mindset of most human beings is to mistake kindness for weakness.

1 Like

Zendesk to the rescue!

1 Like

Not hardly, not how it works. The way zendesk works unless you have a bunch of reports on a server they will never investigate just a few. Even if I did support the way zendesk does things wrong, I have 0 faith my report will get any more then deleted at the end of the month.

My gripe is as much about zendesk as the TOS violating cities.

Lol of course your 100% the type who reports players and cries. Checks out how your attitude is. Your game probably takes 5 seconds longer to load and stam takes 5 seconds to load and you drool at the idea of reporting. Seen how your post on the forums how snarky and petty and sad you sound. 100% checks out.

Think I hit a nerve :rofl:

Are we felling just a little guilty?

You keep repeating the narrative that for a report to be actioned on, it must be accompanied by more than one report on the same information. This is ultimately false. By running around and repeating this lie, you are dissuading players from filing a report under the false perception that their single report means nothing.

Over the course of 4 years, I played on 4 different official PvE servers, and in those 4 years I filed a total of 16 reports only for severe building TOS violations. My reports focused solely on the following guidelines laid out by the Post from Umborls that showed visual examples of buildings/structures that will absolutely be actioned on by an admin.

Foundation Webs
Creating webs or arrays of foundation or fencing unfairly restricts other players from building in an area. It can prevent the respawning of resources and makes simply walking through the area difficult.
Bridges, Roads, paths
Bridges, roads, elevated paths, and other such structures might serve a practical purpose, or they may be built for aesthetics. Some of these structures may even be intended as a benefit to everyone on the server. However, the presence of such structures also lay claim to the surrounding land. We strongly recommend not building any bridges or roads on Official Servers as they are usually considered an abuse of the claim system.
Decorative Land Claim
There are some structures that are built for practical or aesthetic reasons that still negatively impact fair play. This might include watchtowers, outdoor torches, or geometric shapes. Despite any apparent quality of life improvements these can make, they also serve to claim land.

Now, knowing specifically what rules I considered a reportable build out of the 16 reports this is the breakdown of the Zendesk responses:

• Admin actioned and ticket closed: 10
    “Our investigation has now concluded and any violations of our rules have been handled according to our policies.”

• Ticket closed, no action taken: 2
    “We hope it has already improved on its own. However, if this still impacts your experience on official servers, please feel free to get back to us and let us know.”

• Ticket required additional report from another player to action and close: 1

• Ticket needed a follow up reminder from me while still open, action taken and ticket closed: 1
    “Good day Zendesk, I am writing to follow up on my open ticket #1234. The reported building is still requiring your attention.”

• Reported filed, but the build decayed. I responded to the ticket stating the issue was self-resolved and they can now close the ticket: 1

From my own experience, being a solo reporter, only one ticket…ONE required an additional player to file a report on the same build. When I used to file, my basic template went like this:

"Greetings Admin, I need to report a clan/player by the name of “Insert Clan Name Here” on Official PvE server #1234 in the map grid of N/12. They have created chains of foundation webbings as well as lighting structures along the beach and stretching up the mountainside outside their base to claim a large portion of land to block potential neighboring builds, which is against the TOS under the section of land claim abuse. As stated by Umborls in the official Funcom Conan Exiles forums below, the following building strategies are TOS violations; Land Claim Abuse on Official Servers - #4 by Umborls

Foundation Webs
Creating webs or arrays of foundation or fencing unfairly restricts other players from building in an area. It can prevent the respawning of resources and makes simply walking through the area difficult.

Decorative Land Claim
There are some structures that are built for practical or aesthetic reasons that still negatively impact fair play. This might include watchtowers, outdoor torches, or geometric shapes. Despite any apparent quality of life improvements these can make, they also serve to claim land

Thank you so much for your time investigating this matter. Take care."

I then provided 1 screenshot of my character’s arrow icon on the map where the build could be seen if an admin teleported to that exact location as well as 4 or so good screenshots showing the building/structures. If the issue was a large foundation chain, I tried to stand in a way that showcased just how large or long the chains spanned into the distance.

All that being said, I hope people will not be discouraged from reporting true TOS violations. I will never support false report filing or reporting a base simply because you do not like it. However, this “reports only get seen unless it’s multiple” is a complete and utter lie.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Reported. never investigated.

Imgur
reported never investigated.

5 reports all with the same “sorry we been so busy hope issue solved self, byeeee”.

So if there aren’t many reports they wont be collected or investigated.

If my experiences were the same as yours we wouldn’t be here now, would we?

So my opinion based on my experience is a lie. So I’m sure you can guess what I think your opinion is, right?

A private server solves everything here. Complaining about official servers is like complaining about public bathrooms being a disaster.

2 Likes

What you want is for Funcom to hire admins who patrol the official servers and take action themselves. You’re not alone in thinking that, several players on this forum have supported live moderation, especially in regards to hacking/cheating however the likelihood of that happening soon is low.

You know what the current system is, how it works and what to do- yet you have decided to stop reporting TOS and instead crusade through these forums creating the same rant posts and commenting every chance you get what your gripe is about player buildings without doing anything on your part to resolve it. This is insanity.

1 Like

It would be simpler to just let people fend for themselves.
This isn’t Conan the Altruistic 12,000 years ago.

Bethesda fixed this in Fallout 76 with build limits. I’d be perfectly fine with build limits on official servers. It’s always frustrating to walk past a base that makes my game stutter to a halt. A build limit would also force players to build efficiently.

1 Like

Build limits are another of my ad nauseam topics. The issue is what effects your rig is more torches and NPC animations then building pieces.

But the only way to specifically stop massive builds would be a piece or land claim limit. I’ve always been a fan of land claim blocks.

Although this is more about encouraging players on public servers to build like it’s some one elses server.

My rig is a console. Never had the cash for PC. Maybe now that a new console costs about as much as a computer, I’ll upgrade. I’m still on Xbox One X. On PVE-C servers my games framerate chugs by mega bases. I normally build in the desert or jungle just to avoid the big bases unless I need something specific. My game runs fine on single player or around moderate bases. Something else Fallout 76 did was create shelters that load as instances. I don’t know the specifics of how it works, but I assume loading into a separate area that is not part of the persistent game world is less taxing on the system. I wish Conan would implement something similar. Maybe it could be the Age of Mining and we got separate instances to build underground.

@DeaconElie Hello, despite all the respect that I have for you, I must nevertheless have a disorder with you.
@/CodeMageHas perfectly answered.
you wanted to respect the regular: the (which is normal) but did nothing to enforce this one (which is not normal).
Certainly we are not on Conan Exiles to make the police but because there is one but: if the rules are flouted we have for duties (for the well -being of the community) be to warn the offender then in the case where this one Do not opt ​​for acting, either to signal the person who violates the rules.
I don’t know how law is applied in your country Nor is what your laws say, but in my house it is said
-1 none born cut ignored the law.
-2 The one who hides a Delit is an accomplice.
In summary, all players are obliged to learn about the rules, and not all people apply this one is an accomplice in the fault committed.
I am not a lesson giver you are an adult and mature person for doing what it takes for the violation of TOS PUNISE, otherwise if you complain.

IF zendesk did admin actions properly, I’d be more encouraged to report violators.
1: Zendesk needs to give a warning.
2: Zendesk needs to give an explanation.

More over, if past experience with reporting just plain obnoxious builds; rows foundation stones quite some distance from the keep were actually investigated. I’d also be encouraged to report the real obnoxious ones.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.