Best Weapon in game

Two handed sword seems to be the best for PVE.

For dealing with high level living targets i find the venom infused daggers to be useful as can stack up the poison and bleed ticks on them quick

1 Like

Sorry but I totally disagree.

What breaks PvP it’s just you need a spear to do PvP.

All other things I described are required for PvE at level 60.

If you add more weight to weapons so you’ll just make PvE more annoying, having players frequently going home to change gears they wield, but I think you’ll change nothing in PvP meta.

It’s like what I think of the spear:

The spear is already a weak weapon in PvE, doing too few damages to be effective against bosses, it will be nerfed again in the patch of next monday and it will become totally useless.

I carry a spear just because I play PvE-conflict and I play often during PvP time, without PvP, in pure PvE for example, I’ll never use it. Because the only things in PvE you can easy handle with it are the ones you can handle with ALL weapons of the games. Because staggering effect works only against weak non-players enemies.

But it will be still OP in PvP even after the patch because it’s OP for the staggering effect of the heavy combo + long reach, not for its damages !

Wich is the problem and the thing they don’t want to change of the spear (I really don’t know why).

This speaking about spears in general, the Lifeblood Spear will deserves its own topic.

But this would be another change driven by PvP having no effect at all in PvP and ruining PvE imho.

My clanmate and I play PvE and he swears by the Predatory Blade and Baal P’Teor’s Razor. I myself favor Glimmermoon for general combat (lightweight, high damage, sheds light), and BP’s Lodestone + Venom-Infused Daggers for boss fights. Those daggers are also good when you visit an NPC capital and need to whittle away a large number of enemies while searching for the 1 or 2 named NPCs you actually want to keep alive.

As for my follower, I’ll usually equip them with either Sword of Crom or Blade of the Adventurer for 2-handed fighters. For single-handed fighters, El’s Drinker, Momentum, or some manner of truncheon.

1 Like

They game will never be balanced like people here want unless Funcom “differentiates between damage to players and damage to NPCs”, or “they nerf the health of bosses so that they can also nerf weapon and thrall damage without destroying solo PVE.”

Not really. I can survive in the wild with a 2H. Just because I play PVP, does not mean i do not go out on my own and kill bosses and hunt NPC’s. Sometimes i don’t carry a spear, sometimes i do. I tend to use PVE as a break from metas, and carry different load outs (not all at once).

I feel choices should be part of all survival games. Otherwise there is no consequences or surviving going on other than not dying.

1 Like

I miss your point, sorry.

Survival, imho, is acquiring the knowledge of what you’re facing and the knowledge of the best way to face it.

That means surviving for me.

Have to coming home every few mins to change my equipment instead of being able to carry the right tools for the tasks I could have to accomplish in my journeys is nothing about choices (the choice is made on knowing the right tool to use in the right situation!)
 it will be just annoying for me.

That seems dramatic. I can’t recall needing to go home every few minutes. I tend to run in 30-45 minutes cycles due to my inventory being full when farming, and if out scouting, i run low amount of extra items (#getting trapped in a base), and i rarely go out to dbag kill others in non raid time. If i do, i running a specific build with heals and others stuff. I never have had to keep returning to swap builds. It is called planning.

1 Like

It’s you that suggested changing weapons weight to be able to carry only 1-2 of them.

Of course now it never happens (just as you said because loot), with your suggestion it will happens every few mins to change weapons.

A question about the archivist weapon, the recipe are random?
I found the poison sword a lot of broken leg
 some statue the skelos armour, the sword damage is really crap and even 10 stack of poison are really nothing.
They are a bit harder to aquire than the thelys one but really so low on damage can really understand this logic, legendary are not easy and random and damage is crap.

they are random. u can get 28 different recipes. here is the list:
https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Library_of_Esoteric_Artifacts

1 Like

I find it useful to trade doubles for ones that you need with others. Other then that give them out to players that have a harder time

1 Like

And my statement is to say i do only carry 1-2 weapons, and have never felt like i have to constantly go back. Proving that if planned right, return trips are not needed.

Farming UC: best weapons to fight Red mother, best weapon against Bat Demon boss and best weapon/s to fights skeletall bosses are totally not the sames.

This will lead to sub-optimal equips.

Good for you if you win anyway, I need optimal equip to win this challenges in solo, because for my mate the game is already too hard so she refuses to come with me farming UC, so I’m against your suggestion.

Anyway this topic is about best weapons, so maybe create a new one in suggestions section, but I think we’re now totally off-topic. :wink:

we all know the best weapon in the UC is a high level thrall with a lifeblood spear,venom pike, or sword of Crom to kill bosses.

But to give these weapons to a thrall you need to farm the UC and to get lucky finding them in chests. I don’t understand your logic.

1 Like

Spending too many time waiting him doing all the work without playing ?

First: not me.

Second: not optimal.

Time is the key factor, I don’t waste my time while I play :wink:

Easy weapon to get with the boss drops is the predatory blade from the undead serpentman in the unnamed city . All you need is a t4 with telith sorrow to tank it and you will be able to usaly bring it down in 5 mins, repeat as many times as needed

Whoa, is Baal P’Teor in this game? (he’s in the comic books)

My play style is being a mindless brute, and two handed hammers are what I swear by. I tried other things and besides the two handed swords and katana, I haven’t found anything I love more than the hammer. Buuut
are there more hammers in the game besides DLC and base ones? The strongest one I have is the Cimmerian steel hammer.

Check under “Two Handed Maces”:

Note that you can click on the column headers in the table to sort by damage, weight, tier, etc.

3 Likes