Black blood tools no longer provide any bonus

Bestial memory is not bugged. Natural learning may be, but if you only want an attribute respec it works as normal.

2 Likes

Yeah I only respect attributes. Feats? It’s just easier for me to collect the frags of power and buy everything…which is why I hate doing yellow lotus because I don’t want to spend 15 minutes buying every single feat again.

3 Likes

why run home for repair kits? on the harvester build i carry a bunch with me anyways

it is bugged
happened to me personally, its not a story of i heard someone losing recipes.
it happened to me on a well known recipe…

so do not try to justify em m8
not working

all respecing potions
happened to me litterally two days ago…

as i said again (even openend a thread when this happened…

used a bestial memory to reallocate attributes, and pride of aesir recipe gone from my character

Well that’s going to get…messy

They stack up to 10. I put 10 into my inventory and I don’t bother restocking them from my storage until my inventory is down to 3 or fewer. :man_shrugging:

On a typical stone farming session, I’ll spend 3 or more repair kits before I head home. That’s with black blood tools. With obsidian, I would have to spend more than 6, and that’s if I don’t break the freaking tool because it’s more brittle, and then I have to run home to repair it with composite obsidian, steel reinforcements, and shaped wood.

As I keep trying to explain, it’s different play styles. My style is based on reducing cost and on not breaking my flow unless I want to. Obsidian tools are just more of a hassle for me.

It’s perfectly fine if your style is different from mine. I’m aware that my style is probably very specific and I’m not trying to make you play like me. I’m just trying to explain that all these complaints about how black blood is useless and pointless come from people whose style is just as specific to them as mine is to me, so it doesn’t necessarily translate to Funcom not knowing what they’re doing. On the contrary, they probably considered more styles than mine or yours.

1 Like

A lot of will change with this update. I am pretty sure a lot will like the new attribute system and people will find themselves using different items than they used to. Those who have been here long enough know to not get too attached to anything. We have far too many items in this game anyway and I am sure that the new updates will bring even more powerful items and even more of the older items will become obsolete. It is how it goes.

1 Like

I know enough to know that trading in a point of harvesting power for ease of repair is better for farming big runs.

I also know that survival isn’t a thing anymore and therefore having a bonus for a nonexistent skill is pretty funny.

Were you hoping for a gotcha on me? Because it really doesn’t work when you come in not knowing what you’re talking about either. Survival builds are dead because survival is dead. Use what has the best harvesting/durability ratio for the situation you’re in.

I fail to see how any of this is relevant since literally zero of what you just posted carries over to 3.0. Might I remind you to check the tag on this thread, marking it as Testlive Discussion

1 Like

I’ve written more wiki pages than you’ve read.

2 points is nowhere near as drastic as you claim it to be, especially when you’re trading in the easy to bulk star metal for repairs for tedious to grind or thrall dependent legendary repair kits.

Black blood also is an incomplete set, and has no pickaxe which generally is always a better choice for farming than a pick due to tertiary yields and versatility. Star metal is the BiS on exiled lands for that criteria, on top of the aforementioned ease of repair.

I think you just like to involve yourself in things that don’t involve you. Nobody asked for your 2.8 build and it has zero bearing on discussuon on changes in 3.0

1 Like

But the future means you can get that full speed perk and on the way you get hard working and a new one that makes your tool more durable and who doesn’t want a longer lasting tool.

3 Likes

Superior Pickaxe gang rise up!

2 Likes

i wont buy the game a second time only cause FC screwed up! i prefer to find an alternative in my builds , but i guess they have to FIX the respecing potions first…

2 Likes

Bonus carry weight would be a fine alternative.

1 Like

Or extra harvesting per swing…

That would just be higher harvesting power.

Yup! Same equivalent we used to achieve with +5 survival

Getting the equivalent of a full attribute perk from one fairly easy to acquire item is a bit much.

A perk-quality bonus is something that would be more appropriate as a complete set bonus by wearing every piece from a special armor set.

I would approve of Funcom adding new sets to the game that gave all of the old perks (one at a time) as set bonuses.

1 Like

So if the bonus on bb tools is wrong, why it was not fixed in previous patches? Also why we still have pieces that provide a whole set bonus alone like aspect of the wolf from ios?

Edit: aspect of the wolf is also cheap to make AND craftable… While bb tools aint craftable