Black blood tools no longer provide any bonus

Best I can say is its a typo. I got the same sort of “wha…” after reading that when i saw the Wak video first saying hand gear gets nothing but hey we are all human so mistakes like that happen.

1 Like

I believe there will be an update to the BB tools. As with legendary weapons, they removed the attribute bonuses, but didn’t replace them with any other kind of buff. I have to believe this is a complete mistake.

That said, the primary reason I use BB tools is because of the oils. Oil timer is contingent on the durability of the tool. The higher the durability, the longer the timer, the more resources you get per oil used. I almost always use oil when farming brimstone, crystal, and hides for tar. The yield makes the BB tools with oil worth the effort IMO.

2 Likes

orrrr they ran out of time and will fill in that gap later. Way early on (like right after the first dev stream) I noted that all of the gear will need to be reworked and thought that it was very aggressive to believe it can all be reworked in the timeframe of Q3 release…I’m imagining I was right and so somethings are just left…empty for now.

3 Likes

Yea, I can very well see them not fixing this for 3.0 release and patching later. I am still hopeful though that this is indeed a mistake. In another post I made, there already was low incentive in farming legendary weapons, but now there seems no point whatsoever, other that cosmetic or adding to a ‘collection’ (or doing it just for doing its’ sake).

1 Like

they could just state this. i would be with them on this. this is tottally acceptable in my agenda

I think you missed the point, after level 60 itnos basically just the rich getting rocher, especially on pve. So why argue over 450000 or 495000 stone lol.

Because my latest character’s base took approximately 720000 stone to build.

By the way, I’ve never noticed the bonus what +5 survival adds. As Jimbo said (if I remember correctly), survival is non-existent: as an attribute, it is good in big numbers. As itself, sub level 30 it is there, beyond that, not so much.

I do not find repairing my stuff a chore, it is what a good fighter does: NEVER goes into battle unprepared. After every adventure, I repair ALL of my armor and gear with kits, or with materials. If I go to a long journey, I grab some kits to repair the lowest durability items if needed.
I see that bringing kits with you is a problem in PVP since they weight a lot, but I fail to see why repairing is a chore. Removing durability from game would be extremely stupid. Don’t be lazy guys, just take care of your stuff. Not hard, not that time consuming. You don’t have to stop completely while 1-2 items are being repaired.

1 Like

latest character. Still arguing about being rich in the game. A game where on pve there is no real chalenge you HAVE to overcome to build. Building in pve is pure aesthetics. You can technically build only work stations and no walls and still play the entire game. So arguing over a small difference seems dumb to me, when it is such a none factor in the overall game loop other than time.

Having done a lot of make-believe – I mean RP – stuff in my free time on various PvP servers, getting Black Blood is a good thrall leveling loop. In fact, it’s worthy of constructing an outpost for that purpose. That you could eventually acquire a full set or two was a whole lot of entertainment, and ultimately led me to fights with other players thinking the same. I think it’s that they can be acquired.

Personally I believe farming needs to be slowed down with the type of building I see prevalent in PVP. This rush on getting buildings up results is lots of errors and ugliness. Farming is a way to recenter yourself and critically think about your engineering and architecture choices.

If starting from scratch yet again is being “rich”, then I confess I have no idea how you define “rich”. Unless it’s rich in knowledge of how to play the game? In that case, there’s nothing that can be done about that, except drastically changing the game, which happens on major updates like this one. And I welcome that. I just don’t see what this weird concept of being “rich” has to do with anything. :man_shrugging:

Oh, okay, it’s not about being rich. It’s about how PVE isn’t “really playing”, because it doesn’t present the same kind of challenges you value. :smiley:

Maybe that’s because those “small differences” are some of the challenges PVE(-C) players care about and are passionate about?

I mean, you’re totally right that I don’t have to “git gud” to play Conan Exiles PVE. It’s not Dead Cells or Hollow Knight, for sure. It’s not even Don’t Starve. It’s more of a Minecraft or Terraria. Thing is, both of those games are immensely popular, so there must be something that draws people to them.

Figuring out the “best” way to do these things is what PVE is about. And there isn’t really one best way, either. Some people value time more, others comfort, others like to have a smooth loop that doesn’t get interrupted a lot, etc, etc.

That’s why I don’t try to convince others, with different play styles, that my way of doing these things is better than theirs. But I sure as hell will discuss it with relish, because that’s the big part of what this game is about for people like me. :man_shrugging:

I hope that helps explain why we’re not as dumb as you think we are :wink:

I’ll still be getting black blood tools. I hate farming obsidian. Can’t remember the last time I cooked it for anything.

1 Like

Never sa9d that. I am stating this forum argues over the tiniest of differences, as if the game will collapse if one is not labeled the BiS. The game is as complicated and “hard” as one makes it. But the idea of arguing aggressively over a minute difference in tools (not mod kits @Palm523 ) is actually hilarious.

1 Like

I agree on both counts.

The idea of arguing aggressively over anything in this game can be hilarious, or even sad, the longer you look at it.

I wasn’t talking about that, though, and I didn’t realize that’s what you meant. What I meant was simply that these things do matter to people, and as long as they argue in a healthy way – which doesn’t happen a lot on these forums – there’s nothing wrong with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.