Blitz serevers in discussion internall

IT was brought up that they are duiscussing Blitz servers internally… i think that is awesome, but they really need to think how they will work…

Here is how some of the settings i would like to have…

1. 10x Leveling Exp (And after wipes, keep your XP) and anything in your hot wheel.
  2. 1x Harvesting (it is not about building big, but building smart).
  3. NPC dmg x2
  4. Thrall cap lower than normal (25 to start, then 2 per clan member)
  5. Clan limit 4 people (which means 33 Thralls max for a clan).
  6. Keep Hot wheel and Armor on death. The server is about fighting, so at least let me hunt down those that killed me even if i just started server and have limited weapons and armor.
  7. Durability 25% of what it is now. This ties into the keeping weapons and armor on death. Less durability means more upkeep and only so many times i can die and re-spawn using same items in a fight.
  8. thrall breaking (pets as well) 25% (in other word 1/4 of the time it takes now).
  9. 4 Day max decay timers.
  10. Server only wipes if less than 20 people average 2 hours a day on the server for 2 weeks. Then a wipe countdown starts to warn and let active players know to be ready for it. (don’t know how they could track this :confused: )

Thoughts or other idea welcomed. This is a free forum for ideas related to PVP on a blitz official, so don’t over criticize anyone that posts as if they are asking for the change to be in stone.

In early access they had blitz servers i looked the idea and hope they bring them back

Also if i remember right there blitz servers were either every month or every other month

Hell NO! I played blitz ALL THE TIME, 2x it’s enough. And no perma-character.

Hell no, when you die you lose. It’s a survival and in less than a month it gets wiped. Also you can get weapons and tools from camps if you know where to look.

I’d prefer a change in the claim system like I and other discussed in another topic, make a claim stendard, like the pve stendard, but make it like rust toolcupboard, once you place the flag it propagate the claim to all connected pieces + upkeep material costs to put in the flag to stop decay time. This will add both a “capture the flag” type of mechanic and the possibility to squat abbandened buildings.

The majority of people who don;t play the game don;t want to constantly be grinding levels. They want to log in, have some fights and then go live a normal life. The ideas i propose have some Arena feel to them. That is why i say to allow for players to keep armor and hot wheel. the idea if for a clan to log in, and play the pvp par tof the game with minimal focus on harvesting and building. Since it will be wiped, there is no reason to scoop kits. It should be about raiding a base to see if you can, not how much you get. The current PVP is a resource war, the blitz should be as close to casual fighting as possible to bring in more players in without the hoarding mechanic. More players = more DLC buys. More DLC buys means Funcom can continue to put resources toward game. And hell, some those casuals may get hooked and move onto more permanent servers. The servers need variety, or it is just a faster version of a dying server type (Official PVP).

1 Like

I get your point

And i understand what you are saying. I wish PVP officials would be tweaked to be less resource wars, and more about raid or be raided for the melee.

I wish pvp had a different claim system, similar to the rust one with upkeep costs and not only delay, that resource node where random scattare accros the map and not static, that when you aren’t endgame yet dungeons would be the go to, for risk reward, corruption but good exp. So many things I wish. And a monthly or bimontly wipe for that thrill of starting over.

1 Like

I agree. More randomness would make it hard to build and block resources as well. The static could be 25% of resources on map, but the other 75% were more like star metal in that there can be multiple spawns whenever one is harvested. IE, Brimstone had 100 spawn points. But only 50 were active at any given time. which means if i harvest 1, then the re-spawn 1 hour later could be in any of the other “empty” locations. Also would like to see the spawn tables for NPC thralls changed to be more inventory accurate.

fighters should only drop random foods, heals, weapons, armor.
Archers would have the same as fighters, but add in bows and arrows.
Crafters should drop specialty appropriate items.
Bearers should be the only one dropping mats, with current process it has now.
Dancers be more in line with heals.
Arch priests should randomly drop things their religion crafts. All should have a junk table to minimize it being guarantees. Lower the tier NPC, the more chance at junk.

And i like the idea that every Dungeon adds a little corruption. not game changing, but enough to consider carrying anti-corruption hearts or drinks.

And thats why you would keep the harvest rate at normal level? o_O Current PvP is x2 or?

I would pump it up for Blizz to x4…

I guess i could see that. as long as it didn’t turn into build city like current PVP. The 2x I can have 1000 foundations on first day of server. That is why i was saying lower farm rates. It would mean you aren’t building castles day 1, but operation bases, and really just use resources for short wars, not long drawn out daily log fess. The minute farmers realize they can get on and farm 2000 foundations in a day, well look at current pvp model for reference. Remember, we are looking to add a 4th more pvp centric server that rewards winning a battle in a day or 2, not out resource them to death when they have to attend RL duties.

Ah… I see where your concern comes from…

Maybe add building limit to Blizz servers?

1 Like

There wouldn’t be need for any building limit if this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.