Blocking brimstone

Literally magic yes, wait for avatars to be re enabled on official and you don’t need any brimstone to remove these structures.

In the meantime, trebs don’t require brimstone either.

You can get brimstone from other caves or bucaneers bay or killing NPCs.

2 Likes

ahahah killing npcs. Guy, we are not talking about small numbers ! :smiley:

If you play “more in the shadows” to farm for a week to be sure to have enough bombs, every source of brimstone is great.

1 Like

If you joined two days ago, you’ll lose only two days worth of progress if you move elsewhere. As Mikey suggested, finding a private server where they have rules of engagement may be a better bet than trying to impose your rules onto free-for-all servers.

6 Likes

Yea, unless you’ve been hard leveling for the past 2 days straight, you’re likely not far into it. And trebuchets are cheap. Knock a hole in the wall, farm a ton of brimstone. If they block it back up, rinse and repeat.

heres what you can do.

start a new char on another server OR pay the fee.
funcom is too busy taking care ofthe 200000000 private pay per months servers to take care of griefers on their 1000 official servers.

FC doesn’t do anything for those server other than fix game-related bugs, bug fixes which impact every server, both private and official. For private, paid servers they direct you to Gportal or the server provider. You can see that as their standard reply in lots of threads. Don’t be an ■■■.

2 Likes

ileonwt2, welcome to the Forums. Don’t let the actions of some players on an official PvP server to discourage you. If you enjoy the game you have a lot of options outside of going and finding the many alternate sources of brimstone.

There are lots of other official PvP servers with better players. As many others have said already, look at private PvP servers. They usually have Admin players that resolve these kinds of issues. You can obviously fight back. Those players are not likely to be online 24-7. If you get a clan together, or even just on your own if you are cunning, you can make their play more difficult. There are plenty of streams online showing how even one player can, without resorting to god-smashing, take out an entire clan. Find a sneaky place somewhere in the Jungles or hidden, near caves with brimstone, and watch how those players play. Scout out when they are not online (Player List is there for a reason) and do some irritating guerilla warfare on them. But, of course, remember, use their example of how ‘not to play’ to guide how you play with other new players.

Good luck.

1 Like

define fix please xD

You need a clan mate?

As a member of the aforementioned clan I would like to put some details straight.

The brimstone sources are and were not blocked by us. Not that it would be forbidden, as already mentioned before.

After asking around a bit from the other members of our clan it seems that what ileonwt2 probably saw was a test that one of the members did by placing and then removing foundation pieces on the lake. Blocking the brimstone lake was shortly done some weeks ago by one random player just before s/he left the server and that resulted the idea for this test. The intention was never to keep the pieces in place, I heard from the other member. The test happened during the daytime when it would affect to other players as little as possible. And caves were never walled - not that it would have been forbidden either.

For some reason ileonwt2 never cared to ask about this from us but apparently came directly here to state a complaint. The clan member in question doesn’t follow the forums (nor do I on regular basis) so him removing the blocks was not a reaction to this post. I also wonder why zilio would claim that the lake and caves were blocked when they clearly weren’t.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

I almost never go mining for brimstone. It drops so often from just about every NPC that I once got 1000 in an hour from killing stuff along with iron, steel, hardened steel, leather, and lingering essence. I’m not saying that it is right to block a resource like that and I agree that it is something the entire server would probably back you on in blowing them into next week. Just saying that i consistently see people passing up quality loot then complain when they need to go get more.

Yeah even if you just farm steel from mobs (and might as well grab the brim from them too then), you only need brim for bombs and 1k is 20 bombs, so a single cave run every day should keep most people going…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.