Boss/Thrall Test - 2020-0614 - Balancing and Avatars Rev 2

So I finally Downloaded and retested dungeon Bosses on Testlive, in Single Player. I used Sarnai Thorne for one Boss in Warmaker’s before I decided to bring out a Dalinsia instead. I had no issues with any of the bosses or Mechanics. BUT I will say that when the thrall gets too far away from you and suddenly teleports to you, it has a tendancy to teleport DIRECTLY INTO YOU making your character bounce out of the spot they were just in.

Dregs
For once, the slug was where it was supposed to be, and attacked me normally. No problems killing it.

Witch Queen
Thrall had no problems and Boss had no issues. HOWEVER, the two statues before the fight STILL have the bug where the right one is facing out and cannot be targetted:

Took 5 or 6 laser pulses after the first statue went down before this one would finally attack.

Black Keep
No issues witht he thrall or boss Mechanics.

KINGSLAYER
No issues with thrall or Boss Mechanics.

Forgotten City
No issues with Boss Mechanics.
With that being said, getting the thrall to come to you after swimming to the next Boss is a pain still. Thrall will get to the steps (sometimes) and just stand there, no matter how many times you tell it to move up to your position.

There is a small work around… but it matters on if your server has the Slaver Mod installed. If so, then bring a small stack of Master’s Rugs with you and place them on the steps. Enter the Rug, and then use the ALT+DEL menu to call your thrall to enter the rug with you. Even if the thrall is not showing on the stairs behind you yet, it should appear on the rug after only a few seconds. Then exit the rug and go fight your boss.

I know that’s not an ideal solution, but it should be something that we can do if we are within a certain distance from the thrall WITHOUT LOSING THE THRALL’S GEAR! Hint hint I shouldn’t have to lose my thralls gear or inventory to call it to me when dealing with server mechanics like this. I’d like to suggest a “Rally” command for my thrall (that’s already following me) if I’m in a dungeon with them, or within 500 ft of them in the outside world, that will summon the thrall to me with no negative effects. This would solve a great deal of the issues we face with thralls right now.

That seems to be it for this Feedback Report. Later, I’ll try the bosses in UC, but that will be another time. Thank you.

5 Likes

Maybe I got un lucky with the Black Keep I just tested and he went half way around his walk way and then froze and would not fight nor would he move at all and hitting him he took no damage at all.

I am finding maybe half the time they do port as they should but I also have no mods on testlive.

So without that mod were you able to get the thralls do port with you in the Underwater City???

1 Like

It would take time for the thrall to come up the stairs. Basically about twice as long as it took to get to the next boss, so if I didn’t have this mod, it would essentially take about 2-3 times as long to run the dungeon as it should. 1/2 -2/3’s of the time being waiting for the thrall to show up.

And now there’s a LIVE game update, and no tweet to show what the update was. So I’m here to see if they announced the update here yet.

Nor am I. If it’s for PS4 that would be great. They were having loads of connectivity issues with PS4.

There was an update to our server that ended up rebooting us, but it’s not PS4. I posted in the PC Update forum and no one else seems to think there was an update, but our server definitely rebooted on it’s own, and the event log from the host said it was a game update.

#JustFuncomThings I guess.

excellent notes and thank you for testing this adequately! YOU ROCK! It’s what I would do if I had the energy to after my paying job! You were through at a level few testers are. And not paid to do it! So seriously, I think you are awesome. I would however argue that in no way can I say the thrall mechanics are working. I was so hopeful and had so many friends participating in the test live for the thrall changes, I had expected results that have left me totally deflated. The thralls still play the game with ‘I don’t know what weapon to use, so I will just stand here,’ ;I don’t know what you want me to attack when you tell me to attack, ’ I teleport up your a hole so close you cannot tell me to back off because you can no longer see around me, and the follow me - HEllllloooooooo - anyone listening? I said follow me not 22 days later. I said attack within x ft not when you get the sun to align with the stars, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - why can I NOT just walk through the same space as MY follower? I get why not an unfriendly (although how 1 person can pin me to a flat wall with no escape is still beyond me). I am wondering did we throw out what everyone tested and rollout something different? Did everyone test on personal/private servers so that no one realized how broken thralls still are? We JUST BROKE AGAIN!! AGAIN! The bug they literally fixed on last release - sandstorms in door frames within our building -and we broke it AGAIN with the “thrall improvement” and I am being generous here because I had lots of friends testing that. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how the h() this patch made it to the public with SO MANY issues!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.