Bow draw animation constantly drops and restarts on right click hold

Game mode: Online private and single-player
Type of issue: Bug? Performance?
Server type: PVP and PVE
Region: EU
Mods?: Yes on private, no on single player
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

When I draw any bow pressing and holding right click for heavy draw, the draw animation will drop part way through, interrupting the animation, repeatedly playing and interrupting, zooming in and out as the character repeatedly grasps for arrows (ow, my eyes) before finally going through the entire animation uninterrupted. Sometimes it will only drop and replay once. Sometimes it will take up to four times for the animation to play through uninterrupted. It’■■■■■ and miss. (hah)

This causes a huge stamina drain as it takes more and more stamina to draw the bow each time the animation restarts. Not to mention really obnoxious and unsatisfying gameplay. It’s kind of a death trap, too, as if I’m on the ground fighting mobs (mistake!) the bow won’t fire while this is happening.

Happens regardless of points invested into accuracy. I considered latency and sfps, but on my private server i’m sub 40 ping and 60 sfps. single player is 0 latency, and ~97 ffps. I also considered my mouse needed a firmware update, which I did, before testing in single player. No change. Also swapped mouse to a different usb port. No change.

Installed Mods:

This happens with and without mods installed. I ran a single player game to rule out mods first.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go into fresh single player game.
  2. Make self an admin, give yourself a bow and arrows. any will do.
  3. Right click and hold to heavy draw.
  4. Watch as sometimes the animation will play smoothly all the way through. Or more often than not, the animation will interrupt and restart once or several times while right clicking and holding.

I hope this isn’t a PEBKAC problem, and it’s fixed at some point in the future. I still love bow. Thank you for your time.

It could be the mouse button itself wearing out. Try another mouse if you have access to one, or find something else that would allow you to check the integrity of the button.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.