Bow heavy attack on horse (annoying bug!)

Game mode: [ All ]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ All ]
Region: [ All ]

Incorrect sight when firing a heavy attack from a horse.
When aiming, the camera zooms in and the sight moves with it, but the arrow flies to the place where it would fly if the shot was light. This is a very annoying bug, please fix it soon.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Sit on your horse
  2. Shoot at the some place with light attack
  3. Shoot in same place with heave attack
1 Like

The arrow has an arch, so first it travels upwards and downwards. Probably they set the crosshair to a longer distance when it reaches it’s maximum (or average) height, so with this short range, the arrow just couldn’t reach that point.
Did you try it on foot with the same distance and on horse with longer distances?

1 Like

Not sure if this applies to your report (well done BTW), but the light shot has always had a trajectory that is more arched than the heavy shot. In addition, it seems more pronounced with lower level bows that the high level ones.

This was long before horses were considered viable at all. Since you show good testing, would you be so kind as to repeat on foot? It would help the devs track down the problem or let us know it’s intended.

Thanks !

Regards

jim

1 Like

maybe my English is so bad, or maybe I didn’t make it clear… I know that light attacks have arrows flying with a curved trajectory and that a charged heavy shot flies in a straight line. The point here is the approaching camera, which moves on horseback from the chosen target. but the arrow flies to the place where the sight was before approaching.
Without a horse, everything works correctly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: Request withdrawn !

Regards

jim

1 Like

I will rephrase with “proper” complicated English :sweat_smile:

When using a power shot from bow while mounted, the view zooms in causing the screen to shift and a different point is centered on the reticle while holding RMB than would be otherwise. The arrow is being aimed at the point where the reticle used to be before RMB temporarily changes the field of view.

+1 on this. I just verified to make certain of what @Satanic meant

3 Likes

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback. It’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.