Bows in pve vs human npcs is broken

While archery is a nice strategy and should be a viable option. Their ability to cripple humanoid opponents (nps) is very op. If you get distance to a npc and starts shooting at their feet, you can literally keep them “slowed” indefinitely. when you eventually runs out of stamina, its a simple matter of sliding around the npc until it make some combo attack, giving the player time to make distance. Once arena champion was a challenge. Now its just a matter of grit/accuracy build. Please remove cripple from bows, or maybe make it an option for admins to toggle it on/off.

No, according to this thread, it’s underpowered:

J/k :smiley:

I know what you mean, but crippling with a bow is the key feature for bow players in PvP. Just slow that specific person, so your melee fighters can focus him and take him out. Hence you can cripple humanoid NPCs in PvE.

1 Like

Crippling is the main feature of the archery in my opinion.
For me my tactics are:

• you cripple your enemy if you are low on stamina and can’t sprint away to regenerate some stamina
  • you cripple your enemy so your followers can catch up and wreck it
  • you cripple your enemy and throw/shoot gaseous stuff around it so it will remain in the gas longer.

It’s more efficient to kill an enemy with more HP than a… let’s say sabretooth. And safer.

In the past times archery was often used to shoot a ton of arrows from a great distance to cripple the enemies’s horses or the person itself, not for pure killing (of course if an arrow hit one’s head that was an instant death, but this is a game).

And for the post @SirDaveWolf linked, it is not underpowered either. I find it just fine as it is now. Well, if I do archery stuff, I max out the ACC attribute but otherwise I never spend a single skill point in there if I don’t need.

You need that when you shoot snake/firespark arrows. I think it was the first Accuracy perk, that makes cripple more severe. Which also affects throwing axes. If you use throwing axes in PvP on running enemies like I do, then having 10 points in accuracy is very useful.

The cripple is a fundamental requirement for archery to be viable at all with the lower damage output compared to melee. When it takes twice as long on a fully specced archer to bring down big game as it does with a melee build, it is vastly underpowered.

I do not care about pvp or play it, so I can’t relate to how it works in a pvp scenario.

1 Like

If I can add something here is …
That’s exactly the reason you learn Derceto religion , isn’t it ? There is an antidote in cripple , so if my friend @ravenking666 , you are bothered by cripples and encumbrance reduce is not enough , use the freedom potions from Derceto religion and your problem will be solved :wink: . The game has answers for everything ,use them .

I agree with everyone else here, the cripple effect is the one thing that makes bows viable at all.

Uh, sure, if you call that a challenge. Seriously, an NPC that will almost two-shot you despite your heavy armor? That’s not a challenge, that’s the test of your network connection and server load. If you get a bit of lag, you can die way too easily. If you have no lag, then it’s just a matter of knocking her down. :man_shrugging:

Saying you should nerf bows because of Arena Champion is kinda like saying you should shatter your own kneecaps because playing basketball against preschoolers isn’t challenging enough.

2 Likes

So true :smiley:

I remember fighting 3 one shotting player thralls (Vathis) at once back then with a server FPS of 4 :smiley: (yes I died, A LOT)

1 Like

Agreed, and LOL

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.