BtV-Storyentry (from the past storycontest)

So…it’s been a while since the BtV contest and I thought I put up my stuff to see how people like it and maybe if there is interest in continuing it. It’s currently nameless, in case it gains tracion I may put more time into proper formating and nameing all stuff. So or so have fun and I hope to see more entries popping up in the forum soon. <3

Shorthened text for the contest

Her phone rang. „Hello?“, a familiar female voice answered: „Hi Sam, remember me? I need your help. Things are moving into a direction that is moving outside of my palm.“
Samantha sighs: „I told you 5 years ago and I tell you now Bong, I will not work for the faction.“ There was a moment of silence from the other side: „You will be doing it for me not the faction. Someone in Tokyo is pulling strings in here. I… „ , you could feel that there was a infight at showing to much of emotion. She was like a robot with her models, seeing the world everywhere but around her. „I am scared. Please, I wouldn‘t know who would help me else. Anyone from the faction would stab me in the back the moment I trust them. You are the last person left I have.“ she started sobbing.
„Ok, ok, first get those tear out your eyes. Than tell me, what is the plan. You always have a plan so tell me what you have in mind.“
The sobbing stopped and after some moments of silence: „There is this new bee. It‘s the best we ever had, if someone ever gets me out of this mess again it‘s that bee. I need you to make her succeed, to have look in the right places in the right time. But I can‘t put you on her if you don‘t have some credit for something done for the faction. I already picked the job. Some cultist base in South africa. Go in find what there is to find and bring me back the intel. I have a plane waiting for you, as soon as you are ready.“

She looked at the giant doors of new dawn from a distance. Time to play her charm a bit. She walked up the door. Two men acting as guards pointed their guns: „Who are you?“. A fake blush appeared on her face: „I‘m the new recruit. They told me to come her.“ „Sry, girl. Didn‘t know. Get in her. Can‘t have the hyenas taking a bite of you.“

First barrier surpassed, she really is amazed how much men fall for faked blush. Maybe it‘s true that they think with there loins.
She would have been happy if the second barrier to getting anywhere was that easy. She improvised. She did all the chores but on the side looked out for a guard to wrap around her finger. It took her a week until she had everything ready. She took the guard to the side, looked at him adoreable as a kitten and told him a story of how she is working hard and if the handsome guard couldn‘t talk to a few friends to make her annointed so she could be where such a pretty lady like her should be. And by the magic of the brain in the loins next day she was annointed and in.

From here on out it was all about getting some intel. So she did what the other annointed did while taking a side glance at everything that past her hand. She gathered quite bit stuff and some interesting gossip but nothing that really looked important enough for the faction.
She may had to improvise. She looked through everything she had and listened through every tape she had.
Nothing caught her attention until she stumbled upon some papers talking about the aquisition of the land the complex stood on. It was called a mine. It seemed before the Morninglight opened shop her there was a mine here but after some deaths it had to get shut down. She wondered, what if the tunnels where still there. Secret tunnels under the enemies feet sounded like something a faction would want.

She waited for the night and than slipped out. It took her the better part of the night to find an entrance. A small cave in due to locusts.
Once in she took her time to map out every corner she could reach. There where some parts collapsed on purpose but she mapped out everything she could and wasn‘t either blocked or filled with whatever eldritch horror Morninglight kept.
She didn‘t bother with going back and used the tunnels to get as much distance between her and the complex as possible. She had what she needed.

Samantha rang her phone. „Bong Cha speaking, is that you Sam?“ „I got what you wanted. Some secret tunnels and what not.“
„Good, sent it over and I get the paperwork done. I also sent you the contact for the bee.„ , the phone cut out followed right after by a message containing a telephone number.
Her fingers pressed the numbers on her phone. Someone answered: „Hello, who‘s there?“
„Ehm, the faction told me you are my new handler. Just call me Faction Recruit. Pleasure to working with you.“

Original first draft/extended cut:

Her phone rang. Once, than twice followed by her press on the phone. „Hello?“, a familiar female voice answered: „Hi Sam, remember me? I need your help. The model is in danger. Things are moving into a direction that is moving outside of the Dragons palm.“

Samantha sighs: „I told you 5 years ago and I tell you now Bong, I will not work for the faction. Got it?“ There was a moment of silence from the other side and you could hear Bong Cha thinking: „And if it‘s not working for the factions, not directly anyway. I know you hated when I joined the Dragon back in college but would you do it for me. Someone in Tokyo, yes THE Tokyo is pulling strings in her and I think he will at some point hit me hard. I… „ , you could feel that there was a infight at showing to much of emotion. Bong Cha always was a shut in but once she join the Dragon it got worse. She was like a robot with her models, seeing the world everywhere but around her. „I am scared. Please, I wouldn‘t know who would help me else. Anyone from the faction would stab me in the back the moment I trust them. Especially those damn monks. You are the last person left I have.“ she started sobbing.

„Ok, ok, first get those tear out your eyes. You gotta look strong for the others. Than tell me, what is the plan. You always have a plan so tell me what you have in mind.“

The sobbing stopped and after some moments of silence that indicated the grabbing of a tissue: „There is this new bee. You know, these superhumans, that the factions love to get there hands on. It‘s the best we ever had, if someone ever gets me out of this mess again it‘s that particular bee. I need you to shadow her, make her succeed, do the little groundwork in the shadows to make her look even more awesome and to have look in the right places in the right time. I know you could do it, your skills at undercover missions are second to none. But I can‘t put you on her if you don‘t have some credit for something done for the faction. I already picked the job. Some cultist base in South africa. Go in find what there is to find and bring me back the intel. Especially things concerning the mansion there. I have a plane waiting for you, as soon as you are ready.“
„You chartered a plane, a whole plane, for it. By the gods, things must be bad bad, not only bad. I‘m going.“

She looked at the giant doors of new dawn from a distance, she still feels sore from the long planeflight. Samantha didn‘t like the fact that things are so bad that people start throwing around the big buck, but she wanted to help Bong. Bong was a friend that needed help.

Time to play her charm a bit. She walked up the door. Two men acting as guards pointed there guns: „Who are you?“. A fake blush appeared on her face: „I‘m the new recruit. They told me to come her to get properly enlightened.“ The guards relaxed. „Sry, girl. We didn‘t know. Get in her. Can‘t have the hyenas taking a bite of you.“

First barrier surpassed, she really is amazed how much men fall for faked blushing and a bit cutsy stuff. Maybe it‘s true that they think with there loins.

She would have been happy if the second barrier to getting anywhere was that easy. Becoming annointed was hard. The work needed was extrem to get the favor with the guards that they let you through to the „next level“. She improvised. She did all the chores but on the side looked out for a few guards to wrap around her finger. It took her a week or so until she had everything ready to make her move. She took a guard she knew to the side, looked him into the eye as adoreable as a kitten in a box and told him a story of how she is working hard but things are not going in her favor and if the handsome guard couldn‘t do some talking and maybe talk to a few friends to make her annointed so she could be where such a pretty lady like her should be. And by the magic of the brain in the loins next day she was annointed and in. Gotta love being a woman.

From here on out it was all about getting some intel. So she did what the other annointed did while taking a side glance at everything that past her hand. Every document she was sent to copy got an extra copy, every conversation had a recorder involved. Never pushing, she knew that would be a death sentence, just the usual small talking and chores everyone did with barely any deviation. She gathered quite bit useful stuff and some interesting gossip but nothing that really looked important enough for the faction. She needed something good, she had to give a good impression.

She may had to improvise. She looked through everything she had and listened through every tape she had.
Nothing caught her attention until she stumbled upon some older papers talking about the aquisition of the land the complex stood on. It was called a mine. She digged deeper. It seemed before the Morninglight opened shop her there was a mining operation her but after some deaths it had to get shut down and sold of. She wondered, what if the mines where still there. Secret tunnels under the enemies feet sounded like something a faction would want.

She waited for the night and than slipped out. She knew there where mines so she knew what to look for, she would go in, map it out a little and bring that to the faction. They probably had the tools to fill in any gaps she left but she would have made a big enough impression.

It took her the better part of the night to find an entrance. A small cave in do to those damn locusts.
Once in she took her time to map out every corner she could reach. There where some parts collapsed on purpose but she mapped out everything she could and wasn‘t either blocked or filled with whatever eldritch horror Morninglight kept in there basement.

She didn‘t bother with going back and used the tunnels to get as much distance between her and the complex as possible. She had what she needed.

Samantha rang her phone. „Bong Cha speaking, is that you Sam?“ „I got what you wanted. Some secret tunnels and what not. If you ever go there, definitly look what they have down there.“

„Good, sent it over and I get the paperwork done. I also sent you the contact for the bee. Your a treasure. „ , the phone cut out followed right after with a message containing a telephone number.

Her fingers pressed the numbers on her phone. Someone answered: „Hello, who‘s there?“
„Ehm, the faction told me you are my new handler. Just call me Faction Recruit. Pleasure to working with you.“

1 Like