[BUG] Armour penetration effect unnoticable

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Siptah

Post-Siptah armour penetration has no noticable effect. You can test this spawing and fighting an elite Rocknose. These monsters got a lot of armour.

A typical 2-handed mace got 30% base penetration and can apply sunder upto 5 times. Pre-Siptah this amounted to 80% armour reduction.

There are mods what make tooltips on buffs more descriptive. A stack of 5 stunders “Sunder” debuffs is described as 0.5% armour penetration.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Fight an elite rocknose with a 2-handed sword
  2. Fight an elite rocknose with a 2-handed mace
  3. Notice how little, if at all, difference armour penetration makes

There is no bug. Armor penetration works fine.
The real test you can make is use a 2-handed axe (i used the poitain one) that has 0% armor penetration on a rocknose mob. Then use a 2-handed sword that has 19% armor penetration.
The axe that has 69 damage and 0 armor penetration does less damage than the sword which has 58 damage and 19% armor penetration. The sword wins in damage when used on rocknoses because of the armor penetration even though it has lower damage.

Edit: Great sword has 19% ap, not 26%. I did thest with a master kit.

I compared:
2-handed epic turanian greatsword (58 damage, 11.5% penetration)
dragonbone maul (57 damage, 31% penetration, applies 5 x sunder)

The dragonbone maul should be nigh ignoring armour. My elite rocknose disagreed.

Maul does more damage, armor pen works.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.