BUG Collision boxes

Game mode: [Online | MULTIPLAYER]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [NA]

I’m not going to bother giving you the details on this because you know damned well what I’m talking about.

I’m trying to mine a rock node and I’m hitting the coal node ~ 1 meter BEHIND ME.

FIX YOUR GOD DAMNED COLLISION BOXES.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

I kind of like standing in one spot and hitting every node around me simultaneously. Pretty convenient :wink:

You suggest that they know what you are talking about. That is certainly possible. However - I expect that the Funcom team has their hands full with a number of “bigger fish to fry.” Posting information, detail, repro, screenshots, videos, etc., is helpful for them so that they can catalog and address bugs. It also allows them to assign this stuff our to their lower rung QA folks that may have never actually experienced your issue before.

If you just post something as a gripe, and give them no information, they will likely just ignore it.

I, too, have experienced this bug. They definitely have some collision hit-box alignment or synch issues going on. This bug, for me, has been a nuisance. But not so much that I’ve come to report it. Since this thread is here, and I have a minute, I will take the time to add some detail:

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Equip a pick, and go out to harvest rocks.
  2. Note the size, shape, etc., of each rock. Plan to execute repro on each different rock spawn shape.
  3. Strike the rock with the pick, one swing at a time.
    3a. Either the first strike connects, and harvests the rock, or:
    3b. The pick enters the rendered space of the object, but creates no impact dust cloud, and yields no stone.
  4. If 3a., attempt to strike the rock a second time. Often, for large sized rocks, the second and subsequent swings from the same spot will miss (it seems that the large rocks collision profile changes after the rock begins to break up). If 3b., rotate around the rock slowly, one swing at a time, until you can find a point where the collision registers, and harvests stone.

The objects’ collision profiles appear to be uniform - if you attempt to hit the long, flat rock in one place, you’ll find it tough to get a good harvest collision with it. If you find the same object somewhere else on the map, the experience is exactly the same, and you will have to circle it in order to get it harvested.