BUG: PvE-C Palace Destroyed (not by purge) [GAME BREAKING]

There were also no other player buildings near mine. The closest is on the other side of a mountain.

I repaired my base last night - ended up with a slightly better design so I suppose that’s the bright side. I’m just worried, like the others above, that I’ll log in tonight and pieces will be missing again.

What can we do to keep this from happening? That’s the only real fear from this at the moment. If this were caused by a player, bad structure placement, or something that we can actually effect, I’d feel a lot better about it.

There simply was not enough time for anything to decay. There were some bits of older masonry (lower tier stuff) left inside of newer/fancier walls, etc… Interestingly enough, you can see most of it survived. Perhaps that’s a clue? Most everything that disappeared was marble, but that was most of everything there was.

Sorry to hear this happened :frowning:
Thanks for all the detailed information despite that this must have been incredibly frustrating to experience.
I’ll make sure to get some eyes on this asap.

3 Likes

I’ll make sure to get some “eyes” on this asap.?

I have been following this discussion. To narrow down to the problem, send someone who is not in your clan with a repair hammer to check your timers right after the server restarts.

1 Like

Indeed, my wireless keyboard is running out of battery and is eating letters in the process…

Yes, our initial thought was that this is most likely what happened.
Which is already addressed on TestLive. More exploit fixes are in the pipeline as well.

3 Likes

ty for sharing this, you gave me a reason to play over the weekend. There are some spawn blocking foundation highways on the PVE-C server I’m playing on, I think I will test this out thoroughly on those :wink:

1 Like

Make sure to hit the ones that are only held up by supports as that will be an interesting sight to see.

Please don’t post something like that on offical forums or reddit! Now every jerk will run wild not only on PvE servers until this is fixed leading to crap like in OP. You even might force Funcom to release a hotfix for that in a rush with other/new bugs included. Use the Exploit Hunters form for that kind of stuff. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Can’t delete a post, how very Funcom.

Something that should’ve been done months ago.

1 Like

happened to me last night and will happen to lots more now that its common knowledge, even on youtube so no point telling people not to explain how to do it.

So!!! Can we all agree then that JARS SHOULD BE DISABLED UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!??? This is game ending, if not. I would really like some FEEDBACK FROM THE DEVS.

As a courtesy to our wonderful Norwegian overlords, and in a silly attempt to draw their attention, I shall use Google Translate:

Så!!! Kan vi alle være enige om at JARS MÅ ELIMINERES INNTIL DETTE ER FAST! Det er spillet over, hvis ikke. Jeg vil gjerne ha noen TILBAKEMELDINGER FRA DEVS.

Takk!
Skallahrafn

Oh! And so as not to leave out our friendly Dutch developers:

Zo!!! Kunnen we het er allemaal over eens zijn dat JARS MOET WORDEN UITGESCHAKELD TOTDAT DIT IS OPGELOST !!! ??? Dit is game ending, zo niet. Ik zou echt graag FEEDBACK VAN DE DEVS willen.

Bedankt,
Skallahrafn

1 Like

Ik denk niet dat jij een slachtoffer bent van deze exploit, kun je eens checken of er naast de verdwenen stukken ook schade is aan de stukken die er nog zijn? Indien niet, dan kan het niet door deze exploit geweest zijn.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this Skalla. Skalla is my neighbor on the sever and he’s been great. He supports a number of maprooms on the server and is something of an institution. I mean look how thorough his report is. After a week, this incident is no longer isolated, and a number of longstanding players have left the server. Similar MO. Purge meter full. High proflie bases oddly destroyed.

In my case, I was welcomed to the loss of 3 bases, 2 supporting public maprooms. This was my welcome back from switching out to the TestLive event last weekend. The same weekend Skalla’s base was hit. I was only gone 3-4 days for the event. I originally attributed the loss to the awkward switching back n forth from Test Live client. If this isn’t a bug, it’s an exploit & hack.

There’s been some discussion in the server chat about other bases getting hit, and there are also some cases where a mob boss is identified in the Event Log as having killed thralls in addition to the base losses. In my case, it’s a white dragon. Another players log showed a red dragon. I have/had no bases anywhere north of The Bridge of The Betrayer. That’s a hella hike to pull a mob, or someones figured out how to spawn em.

All this drama on a PVE-C server. More folks are one foot out the door because of this issue. It is game breaking, and I can’t see the upcoming Pet/New Area content succeeding while this issue remains unresolved.

Anyway, that’s my 2 coppers. While I’m at it, it would be helpful if the Event Log provided more information, a (local) time stamp for starters.

4 Likes

Skinny has a point. I just checked, there is no damage to adjoining blocks. So, if the jar bug would damage them too, this isn’t the jar exploit!

I will have to test this and get back to you.

Oh, and a big thank you to the guys from my server for the good words!

It doesn’t look like some violent case to me. You have so many oddly missing structures and floating objects left on your screenshots, that I hardly can imagin a raid or purge as cause. You already excluded purge, aswell. What bothers me the most is, that you have floating structures and not only thralls or placeables, which shouldn’t appear anymore, too. My first guess would be a database error of the server. Maybe a Funcom responsible can check integrity of the sql database?

Edit: An other indication is, that your base is/was the largest structure on the server and a partly corrupted database would effect you most likely first as you have many entries in the tables. Now others are effected, too which leads me to the assumption that the database has issues.

2 Likes

If there appear to be floating structures, I’m pretty sure that’s an optical illusion. There are fragments of flooring still attached to the walls. I’ll triple check later.

Open your gates and have someone not from your clan check the timers after restart to make sure they are all consistent.

1 Like

I can now reproduce this issue. I have experienced it with the same section of my base every day since I first reported it in this thread. Here are the steps:

1. Repair missing pieces
  2. Log off for 10-20 hours
  3. Return to see the same section of my base with missing pieces.

It is a small section of the base that appears to be affected. An area of about 5x10 square ceiling tiles, extending from ground to about four floors up. The stairs seem to go missing most regularly. Different walls and floors each time, though. Lots of my ramps and pallisades usually go as well. This happens every day, every time I get home and log back in. It’s getting to be pretty expensive to have to replace missing pieces every day.

It can’t be player damage, because I’m online during PvP hours, and the area is saturated with combat thralls. None of my archers have even used any of their arrows. My base isn’t that big either - takes maybe 10 seconds to run from one end to the other. My log is still empty. My purge meter still hasn’t reset. Nothing was stolen, and none of the surrounding structures were damaged.

Official server #1934 PvP. I can show you - outside of PvP hours, that is. Don’t want my thralls to kill you.

1 Like