BUG: PvE-C Palace Destroyed (not by purge) [GAME BREAKING]

It doesn’t look like some violent case to me. You have so many oddly missing structures and floating objects left on your screenshots, that I hardly can imagin a raid or purge as cause. You already excluded purge, aswell. What bothers me the most is, that you have floating structures and not only thralls or placeables, which shouldn’t appear anymore, too. My first guess would be a database error of the server. Maybe a Funcom responsible can check integrity of the sql database?

Edit: An other indication is, that your base is/was the largest structure on the server and a partly corrupted database would effect you most likely first as you have many entries in the tables. Now others are effected, too which leads me to the assumption that the database has issues.

2 Likes

If there appear to be floating structures, I’m pretty sure that’s an optical illusion. There are fragments of flooring still attached to the walls. I’ll triple check later.

Open your gates and have someone not from your clan check the timers after restart to make sure they are all consistent.

1 Like

I can now reproduce this issue. I have experienced it with the same section of my base every day since I first reported it in this thread. Here are the steps:

1. Repair missing pieces
  2. Log off for 10-20 hours
  3. Return to see the same section of my base with missing pieces.

It is a small section of the base that appears to be affected. An area of about 5x10 square ceiling tiles, extending from ground to about four floors up. The stairs seem to go missing most regularly. Different walls and floors each time, though. Lots of my ramps and pallisades usually go as well. This happens every day, every time I get home and log back in. It’s getting to be pretty expensive to have to replace missing pieces every day.

It can’t be player damage, because I’m online during PvP hours, and the area is saturated with combat thralls. None of my archers have even used any of their arrows. My base isn’t that big either - takes maybe 10 seconds to run from one end to the other. My log is still empty. My purge meter still hasn’t reset. Nothing was stolen, and none of the surrounding structures were damaged.

Official server #1934 PvP. I can show you - outside of PvP hours, that is. Don’t want my thralls to kill you.

1 Like

This thread is due to close soon. Any feedback from the devs???

We have a hotfix that is being built which will be deployed as soon as we can.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Do they know this is NOT the jar bug? It leaves damage on nearby blocks, this does not. Hackbackwards has replicated the bug, I’m in the process of trying to, following his lead.

What kind of blocks were you using? It seemed to mainly take my Aquilonian blocks and leave others.

Sandstone mainly, with some stonebrick. I’m not very high level. Most of what goes missing is sandstone.

1 Like

I do think that most of the reported ‘missing’ structures are not caused by the exploit tbh. When it is the exploit you would see ‘raid’ damage, i.e. holes in wales to get in, not entire structures missing with no collateral damage around them.

3 Likes

It is absolutely true that there is NO DAMAGE TO ADJOINING STRUCTURES.

1 Like

This sounds more like a decay bug then. Perhaps upcoming optimization changes on how building pieces are loaded will fix this issue, as you’re not the only one who has experienced it.

The exploit was just fresh in everyone’s mind, therefore an obvious candidate for cause.

1 Like

The question is, is the hotfix for the jar bug or my bug? (That has no damage to adjoining blocks).

The hotfix is for the exploit, that was my point. Tbh I think most of the reports are more a decay bug causing it rather than the jar exploit, the jar exploit is not even that exploitable(I have tested it thoroughly on a griefer’s foundation highway).

2 Likes

Well I logged in today and all placeables on one whole side of my base are gone and nothing in the report about it. They just dissapeared over night 1 work station 2 full chests,Some head trophys and weapons rack along with the weapons they held. poof no reason, and im on pve- confllict server 1941.

As bad as the jar exploit is, I need my bug fixed too! God, I hope they have something they’re doing to stop it as well!

1 Like

I have never had building pieces dissapearing, but I had same as you a while ago(1035 PVE-C), chests, stations, carpets, etc were gone on 1 side of the house, nothing in log, no purge, no collateral.

Tbh this will not be fixed soon, they will have to look at individual cases and that is not currently Funcom’s best domain. They did however take the first step by saying they are working on the event log so that these things appear in the log. I have already said it before, I’m very curious what the log will say in cases like this, but even when it only says ‘DB error’ at least you know why. Maybe, very maybe this will also help them to narrow it down and provide individual cases on their own testmachines.

2 Likes

I do hope they devote some attention to it, as it is a big issue for player retention. Part of attracting new players is keeping people playing, and if your stuff can just vanish, it makes one less inclined to invest in a game.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.