Online official | Bug | PvP | North America
BUG 1: Players will routinely kite enemies, thralls, pets and thus, resources so that they are unkillable, and will therefore no longer respawn.
- editorial: PVP officials are bleeding players. New players are completely discouraged when valuable thralls won’t respawn until a server reboot, after which time the perp does it once again. This happens in the starter oasis, and has an immediate choking-off effect. I saw this on a 40/40 Halloween Event server.
BUG 2: When Raid Window was implemented on PVP Official Servers, it created an entirely new mindset that never before existed. Now players can climb among one’s carefully-laid defenses, 18 hours out of every day. PVP Companions need to defend during non-raid hours.
BUG 1 Reproduction Steps
- Find an enemy that annoys you
- Determine which thralls he’s working
- During off hours, kite said thralls into unkillable places
- Thralls won’t respawn until reset, and (typically novice) player will be SOL
This is an active choke-out maneuver I saw implemented recently during the Halloween Event. I know what I saw has been partially patched, but I also know there are ways to still do it.
- Build a base on PVP
- Surround base with hard-nosed defenders
- Watch in horror as players climb all over your stuff during the day, looking for vulnerabilities
- Wonder why you’re playing with most of the fun removed from the game for 18 hours of the day
Both of these bugs are listed here https://trello.com/b/9QvGiC1W/conan-exiles-community-reports as Backlogged. For me, these are two more compelling reasons for why Official PVP is broken.
As an avid PVP enthusiast, I believe these two issues should be dealt with more immediately. Because there is no inherent nomination ability in the various sections of the log in its nascent state, I have chosen to raise their profile here. I very much wanted to return to public server life, but the culture of starvation and glitching is too prevalent. Furthermore, until Companions can defend properly outside of Raid Window, I suggest to all my friends a 24/7 instead. As an EA player, I can say things were way more civil back during 24/7 Raid. There were rules. Now it’s just Wild West 18 hours of the day.