Building decay abandonment

That’s how I did mine on the server I admin – I ran blocks across the world to the destinations, then deleted the long chains of them afterwards, leaving only the ones under the maprooms (or comprising other public infrastructure) at the various destinations.

2 Likes

I feel you have a bug. Laths did a great explanation of how it works and refresh all builds at once. Your issues shouldn’t be happening

1 Like

No you do not have to connect your base to your maproom placements around the exile map. But I do recommend using higher tier building pieces for the foundations as they raise the decay timer. Also add fences around the maproom foundations to help with building

Server settings

Ok I’m definitely convinced something wrong, my map room at Well is fine, no decay, foundations fine for over a week. But yet frost temple, sinkhole, jawbone and mound map rooms disappear within 48 hours

1 Like

I agree with you currently fences and crenelations are not doing damage on my server have not made any changes

Checked on several map rooms on my server this morning all good. Think random bugs.

Didn’t play for two days, lost a vault now. This setting is ridiculous for a online official.

@Hugo our friend here is still loosing map rooms and now a vault can you please check into this. Thanks

Thanks @Larathiel for this excellent explanation. I have been using this technique for some time now but didn’t realize you could run your connecting wall across the map before breaking it. I use a combination of ceiling tiles and pillars for the initial connection as its less resource intensive than foundations. However, I have been leaving every 8th tile in place as I didn’t know how far to push it. I generally leave a ground level foundation every 8th block and place some sort of light on it.

The question I have is: Does the land claim area associated with the connecting wall disappear when you break the wall? ie. Can someone encircle your outpost with their wall or will the land claim from the now deleted wall persist?

Thanks again

2 Likes

Yes. Think of landclaim as cylindrical radius around building pieces (but not placeables); if blocks are removed from an area, then they can no longer provide landclaim.

So technically if you clean-up after yourself (e.g. to keep the server performing well and not get smote by admins), someone could encircle an outpost, but they wouldn’t be able to cause it to decay because it would still be getting refreshed from whatever base you originally built outward from.

2 Likes

It is a funky thing to use this technique, indeed. But now that your mind (also yours, reader!) focuses on what you can do with that technique, remember that “with great power comes great responsibility”. Clean up afterwards and don´t block every d… good build spot on the map!

2 Likes

You need to use one at least once every 6 days.
Build foundations under the map room.
If you don’t do this, it will expire after 24 hours.
Build DLC foundations to keep the 7 day timer.
Or foundations made of black ice in the frost area.
But honestly, why do you need so many map rooms?

I only have one map room, I like to walk back the routes, and I noticed things that I sometimes didn’t notice when teleporting quickly.

This made the game in the Exiled Land more interesting again.

I think it’s 160 hours so I can demolish
how rare in which official or private server?