Call to Arms: Pet mechanics

This is a thread for all bugs related to the new Pet mechanics during the current Call to Arms event. To participate in the event, please read the announcement.

Please check if the bug you are about to report hasn’t already been reported. There is no need to create multiple comments about a bug if a proper bug reports has been posted already.

Pleaes also use the following template when you post a bug:

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player | Co-Op)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Game mode: EU 1 Combat test
Type of issue: Bug
Server type : PVP
Region: EU

[Describe the bug here]

It seems that hyenas are stuck in one place after i hit them with a strong attack from a 2h stone sword. They stay in place and can’t attack but can rotate and follow your movements.

1 Like

@Solarius, that seems similar to the old ‘How to tame a Hyena’ bug, where you’d weaken a Hyena (with a sword) and hit it with a truncheon (like you do with thralls) to make it ragdoll (aka you broke its back). Interesting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Palm522, FYI: “free DLC” reward can be saved for a future DLC. (from the fan-made discord)

I think testlive servers don’t receive daily restarts, just to see how much it can bear etc., but not to make you feel bad! (as said in previous TL posts)

Game mode: Online private -Conan Exiles Server hosted by Host Havoc
**Type of issue:**Bug
Server type :PvE
Region: North America

Bug- Rocknose not producing resources. Did for awhile up to 15 iron ore and then stopped.
Armored Tier 3 pen. Tried pulling it in and out of pen. Took all the food out. Placed food back in. Still can’t get it working. The rest of the animals are taming fine. Tamed bears and now frostwolf pups. Along with random other things while stress testing the pen.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Hatch Rocknose
  2. Feed Shadespiced Stone or Stone when it goes from Pebble to adult.
  3. Watch it say its crafting.
  4. See nothing appearing. Been running about an hour after the update. 15 iron ore was all it produced.
1 Like

Game Mode: Testlive_US_1_event
Problem: Bug

Rhino’s (t3 pets) can be tamed in a t1 pen. This goes against how it was explained to work.

Steps to reproduce:

1. get a baby rhino
  2. build a t1 (or t2) pen
  3. place berries and grass in the pen along with the baby
  4. watch it grow
  5. Babysit it over the next 6 hours so people don’t pluck it from the pen since it is x1 crafting and pvp
4 Likes

Game mode: Single player
Type of issue: misc
Server type : -
Region: -

after 3 of my croc hatchlings matured,1 of them became a greater crocodile and decided to take him out of my base ,since i live on a small island in the southern river and i know that thralls and pets do not follow you in the water i move it manually on the other side(kinda silly since the crocodile is an amphibian reptile),while the other 2 were sitting in my throne room,after we come back i decide to leave the greater croc out of the base (also realized that i had forgotten the croc on the other side of the river but the crocodile teleported from one side of the river to my base ) after that i move him near the base and told him to stop follow,meanwhile in my throne room both crocs disappeared,i get out to see if they were in the sorroundings and i also notice that i cannot move the greater croc nor it can follow me anymore! i panic so i decide to log out and see if things sort out and they kinda do since my crocodiles magically reappeared in my throne room but they also cannot be moved or follow me telling me the message" you cant touch this! " as if i wasnt the owner or something and they also run in random direction for a short distance before stopping when i try to approach them.

update whenever you get out of render distance pet crocodiles disappear and if you log out they do re-appear but they are no longer able to be moved or touched nor theyr inventory is accessible

update II after the patch of today they no longer disappear after going out of rendering distance but those pets that i made before the patch and are bugged still remain so(cannot access inventory,move them or make them follow,now it doesnt even show the radial menù)

Xbox players don’t get a shot at this???

Sorry, TestLive is PC only. The patch will come out for PC after a few weeks of testing and for consoles after certification.

(FYI: I’m not a dev)

As I don’t know exactly why myself, I would agree that certification could be the problem. After all, I don’t think development builds are maintained by Microsoft.

So after a long time taming a bear it just dissapeared at the final stages. Ather folks from the server said the same thing happen to them but not all have this issue on EU 1

Game mode: Online private -Conan Exiles Server hosted by Host Havoc
Server type :PvE

Bug- Creating or joining a clan causing the inability to interact with pets.

1. Create clan Mapaholic
  2. Try to interact with pets.
  3. No screen or feedbox feeding.
  4. Leave clan. Can interact with pets again.

Game mode: US3 PVP Testlive
Server type :PVP

Bug- Tame croc fell through the second floor of base and died instantly.

1. Tamed croc walked up stairs on follow
  2. I walked the same stairs
  3. Croc appeared on the lower floor dead.

Guy’s, help me out here, I can’t figure out how to pick up a baby?!? I press and hold E on them, nothing happens
What am I doing wrong?

I wouldn’t worry too much mate, I genuinely believe that we’re going to struggle to hit the requested 50 bugs mark. So far, the game is actually working very well.

(except for the performance, still getting a lot of freezing as it loads our base or looking in a chest etc)

I dont hold E just tap it on the baby. Elephants you can’t pick up. Try unequipping weapons also.

Unless you have remapped E, you should be picking them up. However, it does not work on baby elephants. Only tamable species.

Cheers guys, seems I was just holding the key a wee bit too long and/or not always fully on the animal.
Just having a Muppet day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type : PvP
Region: US

Testlive server US1: player killed one of the hyenas at my base; did not show up in Event Log.

1. Tame and place a pet (in this case, a striped hyena).
  2. Hostile player attacks and kills hyena.
  3. Check Event Log afterwards: no entry found.
1 Like

I have issues grabbing wolves for some reason. takes me a few times to get them.

2 Likes

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type : [PvE-C]
Region: [local]

Description: Camel runs into player while harvesting or falls to death

1. Get camel to follow you.
  2. Harvest anything on a hill
  3. Camel will keep walking into player while harvesting, causing it damage
  4. Running near ledges causes camel to spawn in the air and then fall to their death.