Call to Arms: Pet mechanics

Game mode: US3 Combat test
Type of issue: Bug
Server type : PVP
Region: US

when croc is following he will occasionally walk tail first, I had it follow me for a while and noticed when I would turn around to check on it the croc would be walking in reverse behind me

2 Likes

Game Mode :Combat Testlive US3 Event

Type of issue: Game Bug

Server type:PVP

Region:US

When placing pet in tamer cage the pet was not visible.

Also when pet was following it was walking backwards.

Steam ID Toby626

Player name Toponeka

1 Like

Lost several pets from taming pen on US3. No one would admit to taking them in chat, so I can’t tell if they were looted or bugged for sure. But once we finally managed to get the pen walled in an covered, the disappearances stopped.

1 Like

My tamed croc never walk forward always backwards. Same with tigers,hyenas and jaguars. Rhino constantly runs off. Bear and antelope are the only ones that behave normally.

1 Like

Game mode: Online official
Server type: PvP

Turtle won’t stop following

1. have pet follow
  2. tell pet not to follow

Pet sometimes continues to attack corpses

1. Have pet follow
  2. Have pet kill something
  3. Watch as pet continues to maul corpse
  4. Harvest corpse to clear behavior

I honestly wouldnt know. I’m not a hardcore technical guy.

@Greyark From my user testing page on the wiki:

Bear:
Desert Berries, Unappetizing Fish, Highland Berries, Honey, Savory Fish, Exotic Flesh

1 Like

3 times now, just lost another pair in the last hour. Like you, no-one in the game admits taking them.
Spineless thieves playing the testlive or its a bug.

1 Like

Game mode: Testlive_US_2_event
Region: North America

Wild hyena’s and spiders able to go through closed doors on a base. I was leveling killing some hyena’s, I was about to die ran in my base (T1) shut the door, both hyena’s were able to come through the door (Under it actually, between the foundation and bottom of the door) and kill me in my base, and remained inside. This happened again with a pair of spiders. I can only imagine if this happens with a geared thrall equipped with orbs or a very strong Pet thrall get inside someones base at raid time and are able to damage the base from within. “And before anyone says anything, I have destroyed vaults with thralls before” Also the following animation on thralls while sprinting is always running backwards, Even on the pet thralls.

We are playing on testlive pve server and had no issues of pets disappearing. sounds like a buncha lazy people on the pvp servers that can’t find their own stuff.

1 Like

Bug
Online Private Server
PVE
North America

Hatched about 20 rocknose. ranging from greater to normal and the ones in between. left them in pen. tried several different types of shade spiced food, stone, and crystal to get them to produce resources. Not getting anything. it keeps says its crafting stone. It finishes crafting but no resources come out.

Edit-rebooted server. Rebuilt pens. Moved them to different pens with preferred food types. Left them in pens. If I had to guess. judging by stone. They aren’t eating at all.

2 Likes

Game mode: US 3 Combat test
Server Type: PVP

I had a lvl 0 pet Rhino follow me into combat i die go back to pick up my belongings brought him back and tried to have it unfollow but only gave me the option to have it follow me. i clicked it and it said i have too many thralls following me. I tried going exploring and it teleports with me and seems to not actually be following me.

1 Like

Game mode: Official online (testlive US1)
Server Type: PvP

I got the “too many thralls following you” bug again tonight, and this time I know for a fact it wasn’t because I used Move while Follow was on.

I don’t know if it happens every so many fights, or every so many teleports, or what, but there is something definitely going on that jams pets into the following mode: follow stuck on, but the UI says follow is off, and long stretches of time where the pet won’t attack anything, period.

4 Likes

Region: EU 2

Placing a tamed pet on top of ceiling-made roof while standing below it basically allows you to merge it into the building. Here’s a picture of what I mean.

1 Like

Region: EU 2

Trying to interact with the rhino’s hind legs won’t open up its inventory. Left clicking the front parts of the pet opens the inventory directly, while clicking it on the hind parts won’t do anything, but if you hold the interaction panel key you get the interaction displays on both parts. The difference is while you get the option to view inventory displayed for the hind parts, choosing it doesn’t open the pet’s inventory.

2 Likes

We will take that into consideration. Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is intended.

Thanks for all your feedback and bug reports. I’m closing this thread now as the Call to Arms event is over, but feel free to continue leaving feedback in the patch notes thread:

1 Like