Call to Arms: The Midnight Grove

This is a thread for all bugs and feedback related to the Midnight Grove during the current Call to Arms event. To participate in the event, please read the announcement.

Please check if the bug you are about to report hasn’t already been reported. There is no need to create multiple comments about a bug if a proper bug reports has been posted already.

Pleaes also use the following template when you post a bug:

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player | Co-Op)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online official]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type : [PvP]
Region: [NA]

Several of the hyenas in the Midnight Grove seem to be permanently/semi-permanently stuck in place after aggro. Screenshots of two instances of this happening are attached.

They would generally remain still, but would attack if I entered melee range, and then go back to standing still if I moved away. This was not the case once, where after hitting the hyena with a melee weapon, it started to follow me normally.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Aggro a pair/pack of hyenas (combat music starts, hyenas turn to face player)
  2. One hyena does not move to engage the player, but stays put (see screenshots)
  3. Other hyenas move to attack as normal

Edit: Unable to add screenshots or links to imgur. Can provide if needed.

3 Likes

Game mode: [Single Player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type : [NA]
Region: [NA]

All bosses in Midnight Grove are dead when entering the dungeon. The gorialla boss was dead, but it could be harvested. The werewolf boss was just a ghost with no interaction possible (see screenshot). The fog boss (inside the circle) didn’t appear at all. I entered the Midnight Grove twice to confirm this.

1. Craft midnight potion and consume it
  2. Run through Midnight Grove and try to fight bosses
  3. Bosses are already dead

2 Likes

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type : PVP
Region: NA

Midnight Grove bug, you can be pushed into the thorn walls and get stuck if you get knocked down near a wall where the thorns are above chest level.

1. Enter Midnight Grove
  2. Fight Mobs while standing right against wall
  3. Enjoy a hearty knockdown
  4. Become trapped behind wall of thorns
2 Likes

Game mode: Online Official
Server type : PVP
Region: EU 2

The Midnight Grove starting location teleport sends you to the City of Sepermeru instead of the place you drank the potion at.

2 Likes

Yes, onto the small island in the water.

Game mode: Online official
Server type : PvP
Region: US1

I got as far as the panther miniboss in Midnight Grove without seeing even one white flower. I saw some small yellow flowers that couldn’t be picked. I saw some tiny glowing white mushrooms that turned out to be Shroom Amanita. I saw no Shadespice.

1. Take Midnight Potion.
  2. Follow the right wall, searching each area.

Additional feedback:

I went in solo at level 50 in regular Heavy armor with an Ancient Axe. Since the dungeon “entrance” is near the Den, that should be overkill. It wasn’t.

The boar and wolf trash mobs had enough hit points that by the time I got to the miniboss, I’d already wrecked my weapon and used up the one Advanced Repair Kit I brought with me. I rate this part of the dungeon hard, but doable.

The Follower of Jhebbal Sag NPCs had about the same hit points as Dogs of the Desert and dropped the same loot, which seems to confirm my theory that this is a level 30-40 dungeon?

Once I found the sealed arena and entered, it spawned a panther miniboss which effortlessly disintegrated me by the time I got it to half health. There simply was no way to evade its attacks, it stacked bleeds.

When I died, it offered me the chance to spawn inside the dungeon, which is nice but, in this case, useless because once I found my corpse, there was nowhere I could hide long enough to re-equip my gear.

In conclusion, this dungeon may be able to be finished by two-to-three people in gear of the intended level. Maybe. It is probably soloable in full epic gear at level 60. Too bad there is exactly no chance that I’m going to have full epic gear by 10:00 am Oslo time tomorrow.

1 Like

Two of us at Lv 41 and 43 had a lot of trouble. We were fine with up to 4 mobs attacking, but there are a lot of area’s where you just get mobbed by 6+. Once you’re trapped against a wall, you’re dead.

We enjoyed it, but trying to retrieve your gear was simply annoying after a while. We found the whole maze disorientating to the point of frustration too. More landmarks would be preferred.

1 Like

Game Mode: Official (US server3)
Type of issue: bug,misc
Server type: PVP
Region: US

1st: enter grove and died instantly (before i knew what was happening or could react) do to Sabertooths hanging around entry spawn point. Not sure this should happen but not to big a deal.

2nd: Couldn’t find any flowers what so ever to harvest. Mushrooms by the plenty but no flowers.

3rd: Someone spawned in with his own bear and it was following him backwards. Not sure if this supposed to be ok or if it’s a bug.

1 Like

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Misc
Server type : PvP
Region: US (testlive 1)

The bull boss (and presumably the other two main bosses) seems to be set on at least a one-hour respawn timer, as does the werewolf final boss. A group of us sat in the boss room for about 45 minutes without seeing either one respawn.

1. Kill final bosses on any Midnight Grove path.
  2. Wait until bosses respawn, if ever.
  3. While waiting, tour the rest of the dungeon at your leisure; trash mobs are respawning just fine.

Other feedback:

I cannot begin to express how much I hate the fact that only one person per dungeon run can get the magical werewolf flesh it takes to unlock the Jhebbal Sag religion. This puts a hard cap, per server, of at most one player per however long it takes to respawn – hour? two hours?

If killing the appropriate boss(es) teleported in an obelisk or tablet that was going to teleport back out within 15 minutes, say, or half an hour, that would be one thing. But loot that only one player can get? On a boss that seems to be designed to be at least two-manned, maybe more? That’s just plain unfair to everybody who doesn’t get it.

If the bosses in question respawned every 15 minutes, that would maybe be another thing.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback and bug reports. :slight_smile: We’re closing this thread now as the Call to Arms event is over, but feel free to continue leaving feedback in the patch notes thread: