Can I keep my archpriests and altars?

I have a quick question, is there any mod or setting that would let me “disable” the sacrifice of a T3 altar and it’s contents therein which results from the creation of The True Name of ■■■? I know it’s supposed to be that way for the sake of balance, but this is only for my single-player playthrough. I only wish to make it so that I don’t have to give up a T3 altar and an archpriest that I spent a significant amount of time to acquire.

All the best and thanks in advance.

1 Like

FWIW, if it’s a single-player playthrough, you can always spawn in the replacement using the admin cheats.

3 Likes

can’t you spawn in a T3 altar and archpriest ( with admin command ) ( and use those to invoke as if it was your altar ? ) or to replace it ? i understand it breaks the immersion a little to use admin command but it’s an easy workaround your problem.

1 Like

I’m afraid admin commands aren’t an option as I prefer to stay as vanilla as possible. The only mod I currently use is one that raises the level cap, so that my character can unlock every feat and attribute. I was even thinking of just building a “■■■■ altar” specifically to “perform the avatar ritual.” That way, I can keep my original altars and they can keep their age. However, if there is any way I can keep my altars, that such method would be preferable.

2 Likes

Either way it’s not going to be vanilla if you want to keep the priest and the alter just spawn in the token instead. What’s the difference if a mod does it or you use the admin panel for it?

6 Likes

You can grind the hearts or whatever religious item you are using. When you get 500 of them, dump them on the ground to decay and spawn yourself a token. This way it will feel less like cheating the game.

3 Likes

By modifying the core rules it makes it non-vanilla, but you can go admin to re-spawn and then go back to normal (‘makemeadmin’ and ‘makemenormal’ commands). As pure vanilla-normal you obviously cannot change the loss of the archpriest/altar - otherwise it would be a clear exploit path for all players - which no-one would want :wink:

2 Likes

Which you can do without any mod/cheats anyway.

Which is pur cheating, as you get stats which shouldnt be possible. You have basically NO NEED to “balance” your attribute points, as you get all.

There was some thinking behind the mechanic. Altough I can understand, that it is kinda annoying to “reskill”.
There should be some “saved loadout”, which you can faster activate… So you want to farm → use farm attribute spec.
Want to fight → use fight attr spec, etc.

1 Like

YEah, you can unlock all feats. It takes some time, but it is possible if you know how. won’t spoil it. It is not an exploit, but in game mechanic meant for getting all feats eventually.

Also, as JOT said, I do understand the hate of re-spec (feats and atts, the atts only is easy enough). I too wish every player was allowed at least one armor “closet”, that housed 3 or 4 armor sets and att loadouts.

I picture something like this

A building piece that has 3 or 4 Armor stand that shows the three armors (1 foundation in size)
You interact it has slots for all the stands, and each stand has space for full armor set.
There are slots for 3 load out scribes. Scribes are recipes created when you smoke a concoction of papyrus paper, yellow lotus powder, and witch fire . you consume it to save current atts to a parchment note,. That note can then be put in the stand. IF you want to respec, you just “read” the note. The notes do not go away, but you can swap them out if you want.

3 Likes

Very true. I have noticed that when my character gets to a certain point, I have all these attributes, but I barely ever got a chance to see what it’s really like to survive without them. Or what it’s like to have this one, but not that one. And yeah, if players can just keep their altars, then they can literally farm tokens! Which needless to say, would be a total nightmare… I think the best thing I can do is forget modding and just build a separate altar for making a token and keep the other one for the shield token. Also, how can I learn all the feats without the mod?

1 Like

Do you really want spoilers?

Fair enough. I’ll figure it out. Thanks :slight_smile:

I was being courtious. I can DM you how. I know some people prefer to figure out the adventure for themselves. DM me if you want the way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.