Can Not Snap Tier 3 Fence Foundations to Tier 1, 2, or 3 Foundations

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA

After the patch for the Fence Foundation Bug (FFB), I was able to snap new Tier 2 fence foundations to existing Tier 2 foundations. I was experimenting with Tier 3 Fence Foundations and Square Foundations. Tier 3 FFs will snap to the ground, but will NOT snap to the front of a foundation, nor will they snap to a ground level fence foundation. Please see attached screen shots [edit – I was unable to paste or attach the screenshots]. Please note that these are the SAME ERROR MESSAGES received from prior to the FFB fix.

Anecdotally, it would appear that the fix was only partial or even possibly temporary.

I would suggest fixing this bug before the release of new content. Even an official stand down of DLC content release by a week or two would be preferable as your Patches are breaking in-game tools faster than players can compensate for this misbehavior. I believe two weeks of Testlive testing is insufficient. Thank you for timely consideration of this report. --RS

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. After laying down a Reinforced Tier 3 Foundation, you can not snap another one on top of it. You can attach one to the side. I tried Tier 1, 2, and 3 Square Foundations and attaching like to like, i.e., attaching a RFF on top of another one.
  2. I rebooted the game, Steam and the computer several times, checking for registry errors. I also defragged the HDD as sometimes the Granite/baking files get so fragmented it causes problems. No effect.

I should add that you CAN attach Tier 2 (Stonebrick) Fence Foundations to Tier 1, 2, 3 Square Foundations.

i was able to snap all fence foundations to any tier foundation by switching to a different building piece and then back to the fence foundations.

this was roughly two days ago i think (whenever the patch came out) have not tried since then

Sounds interesting but what exactly do you mean? Were you placing a different building piece, like a frame or wall, and then switching to a fence foundation?

I was mixing T3 fence foundations with lower tier square foundations. My bases were essentially destroyed by the Wedge Foundation Bug and I am attempting to rebuild them.

BTW, FUNCO, where do I send my consulting fee for payment? :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.