Can players have beards in this game yet?

Or don’t the bees like them.

There are some i think, though if i remember right it can be a bit hard to make them look nice. So you may be onto something about bees not liking them =x

1 Like

You can’t have a full wizard beard, but there have been beards in game since the launch.

The underside of your chin is still shaved, but unless you’re doing some strange things with camera angles, that’s not normally very visible.

2 Likes

I think long beards make the bees even less aerodynamic. Available styled (from Occam’s Razor in London below.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the answers. The content looks cool enough to make up for the lack of dwarf beards. I’ll just have to live with the five o’clock shadow look.

1 Like

Generally below shoulder length hair, and long beards is a No No, because of clipping. That said there is a/some(?) exceptions to the hair

2 Likes

SWL Callie James SWL Luminita

Callie James (London) and Luminita (SF) are two exceptions that come to mind.

From what I’ve been told, it’s not just clipping, but also that in order for long hair to move somewhat naturally (as far as natural movement without a physics system goes) and not just in a solid block, it needs extra bones, etc., which strains the animation system.

Moşul (the bridge guy in SF) has a longer beard, but that’s just part of his unique model and not actually “hair” that could be applied to a player character.

3 Likes

The clipping issue stems from the fact that the way SWL’s clothing system works is the various pieces of clothing don’t just cover a nude player model - they replace those parts of the character model. Making each beard play nice with various clothing options for the various face slots, never mind the neck and chest slots, seems like a LOT of work for diminishing returns on the development side.

The only way to get proper beards in the game would be to have them work on it back when it was being developed the first time.

1 Like

Yes. I think you can have new options for aurum in barber shop. Apart the ones from character creator. I’m still thinking in beards from the which I don’t know If all are implemented.