Cannot equip any item

Hi
I’m new to this game. I had read that crafting a bed was the most important thing to do from the beginning.
but the problem is I can’t use any of the items I have crafted. I cannot equip any item either, even from the 1 to 8 tool bar . I’ve read many topics about being unable to equip items but nothing helped.

Every time I die I have to start in the desert again. Fortunately I can keep my stuff.

This is really boring , and there is no help to be found anywhere . Topics about this started at the beginning of 2018 and the community is still awaiting for solutions !!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.create character
2.craft tools
3.craft stuff
4.be unable to use it

This game looks great but …I can’t play !

I have had it happen multiple times. Each time, logging out then back in fixed the issue.

have you tried crafting and equipping stone daggers. they seem to fix some of the issues.

Hi.
thank you all for your answers
I play solo/coop . No mod installed .

When I launch the game it reads revision #139474/21313 . If it helps …

I have tried quiting the game several times…but it did not help.
As Narelle suugested , I tried crafting the stone daggers …but it was not better

Once again I thank you

I’ll try creating a new character …and I’ll let you know

Just a word to let you know the solution was so simple I am ashamed to tell you the truth . I just had to change the keys bound to the objects I had crafted. If the keys are “named” 1 to 8 nothing happens when I press those keys, but if I change the name of the keys to & to _ then it works.

I feel so bad !!!

At least I can play with this new character and that’s good news !

thank you all for your support !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.