Can't access Seed of Evil DLC unless running directly from epic store launcher

Hello, I recently got a copy of the game for free through the epic deal, and had recently purchased seed of evil.

That said, I had added the game to my steam library through the ‘add a game/3rd party;non steam product’ so that I could open it in Big Picture mode with the steam controller.

The problem: Although I’ve been able to play the base game without problem, I now have this weird issue were I can’t access the DLC content unless I open it through the epic launcher. It’s unfortunate because I now can’t use my steam controller to play the game.

I’m assuming it’s some kind of DRM restriction or feature, but am wondering if there is a work around or possibility of fixing this in a future update.

Many thanks! Loved what I played of the game!

1 Like

Hello @lg154, welcome to the forums and thank you for reaching out!

We’ll forward this issue to the developers to see if there’s anything that can be done on our end in the eventuality that there’s no sort of restriction in place.

1 Like

Many Thanks! I wonder if the seeds of evil dlc runs on a different executable? It just seems that the the executable that is found in the file folder isn’t associated to the dlc at all.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The team has looked into this issue and concluded that, unfortunately, it won’t be possible to be addressed.

This is due to how certain Epic Launcher features, including DLC entitlement checks, are done when launching the game through its platform, meaning that when you launch the game outside of the launcher will result in a failed check, preventing access to the DLC.