Can't conect ANY server

Game mode: Online official, Online private and Coop
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: Don’t Know

I been playing since the past year with my roommate without any weird problem.
The last time we play was the 2 of June.
We play on the steam version, co op mode (we live in the same house, same connection, we play with mods ALL THIS YEAR).
We tried to play yesterday, I host the co op server, so she was trying to connect to my computer, she was getting something like “lost connection to server host”.
I play on win7 she on win8.1 she has not problem, the problem is “on my side”
Also, sorry for the bad english, I speak spanish.

Here, I try to find the error and fix it, this is what I tried till’ now:

-We check if boot have the same mods and versions. Yes, they’r the same.
-We verify the game files integrity. Yes, they’r fine.
-I try to connect to her computer, I get a eternal loading little window that says “tryng to find a server” and no, I can’t connect.
-We close all the unnecessary applications that could been interfering.
-We check if the firewall was allowing steam and conan exiles. Yes it is.
-We remove all the mods, and it is still failing to connect.
-We restarted the pc, the router, the IP, and everything.
-I cleaned the IP cache, following some steeps that someone answered here, also I change the parameters from ping in steam from ‘5000’ to ‘500’ (I changed again to default since nothing works).
-I enter to another games to see if is a steam server problem or something, Civ VI and Terraria, she can connect to my server and vice versa on those games also, I can connect to other servers.
-Then, I get the idea of try to enter to an official conan exiles server, PvE, PVP, and Conflict, on all, it says “lost online connection; Lost connection, you must be connected to the internet to play online” and bumps me out to the main menu.
-She can enter to this servers without any problem (those appear on the servers list), I repeat, we have the same connection and the firewall and antivirus are open.
-When I start conan exiles, sometimes shows me a little window that sais “Failed to login! you can still play offline, but to use online features a restart may be required”

I have six hours searching, googleing and trying all this things, and anything seems to work, so, I suspect that MAYBE could be something with the last updates, maybe the ones on 16-18 of June, also, the last update (today 25 of june) has a weird bug when I close the game, the sound stutters for a couple of seconds even after the game was closed… that was not happening yesterday, i know that because I have six hours restarting the game over and over.

1 Like

Update on my experiences with this latest patch: Mostly when I go to the play online page (one that shows list of servers) I get the “Lost Online Connection” dialog. Mostly. If I keep trying, I do sometimes get in without the error. Pings showing are all still mostly bogus / inflated values for some reason. So I cannot connect ‘normally’ to the server I play on. Offical #1500. If I get past the bogus “Lost Online Connection” error, I can use the direct connect button, and I can connect to my official server. Only reason I can do this, is the IP:port was cached at: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2918520 and the IP address is still valid. Battlemetrics and Steam server access is completely busted after this patch, so using the Steam features for direct connect doesn’t work. And finally, I’ve had the game crash twice on my in the last two weeks. Before this patch I had been playing for about 4 months, zero crashes. Exact same setup before/after patch. Windows 8.1, 16GB memory, Fast AMD CPU and GPU. Funcom, please fix this mess!

The problem persist even after the two last fixes 25/06 and 29/06, we still can’t play in co-op; my roommate can enter to the server list but the list has ping ??? I see that problem on other posts, but I still get the “lost connection” error, and I can’t connect in co-op whit her and her cant connect to my co-op server, we can still play offline.

Hey @Anghely

Welcome to our community and apologies for the frustration.
We’ve sent this feedback to our team so they can look into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.