Can't upgrade to Barbarian Edition

Game mode: General
Type of issue: Retail Purchase - CD Key not working
Server type: All server types
Region: n/a

I can’t upgrade my Steam version of Conan Exiles to Collector’s Edition. When I click the Barbarian Edition button it says:

"We were not able to verify that you have purchased Conan Exiles - Barbarian Edition. Please make sure you logged in with the correct Steam account.

If you own the Standard Edition you can purchase an upgrade to Barbarian Edition either through Steam or ConanExiles.com and then return here to claim your content."

But I already have a key and it doesn’t say how I can claim it.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Click Barbarian Edition in the main menu
  2. Log in with Steam
  3. Read the notification as described above

I don’t understand why I can’t get any help with this. I bought an official Funcom product and I can’t use it. Why is there no customer service or someone who can help me? I’ve tried on Reddit, on this forum and I’ve contacted support but I get zero response.

Hey @Fargast

The Barbarian Edition was discontinued a while ago. The only available editions of Conan Exiles currently available are Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition and Complete Edition. You can check their contents on the product store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/Conan_Exiles/

1 Like

Hello Ignasis, thanks for your reply!
I’ve added a picture of the version I bought. It is the Limited Collector’s Edition that gives you Conan’s Atlantian Sword. I have the key, but nowhere I can enter it to claim the sword. Can you help me?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

Activating a Product on Steam

How do I register a CD Key to activate a product on Steam?

Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

1. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
  2. Click the Games Menu.
  3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam…
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

Please see the Retail CD Keys article for more info on registering keys.

Does this help? When you apply the code for the sword, it will show as DLC you have purchased.

1 Like

i think that he bought the barbarian edition long ago while it was active, and didn’t claim the rewards. Does it make him unelegible to retrieve it anymore? I think that answering this would solve the issue.

If he has a code for the sword and that code was not used, he should be still able to claim it. I personally claimed a sword code not long ago. The problem for him is that he doesn’t even know how to claim it which should be answered now.

ahh i see now. Hopefully he manages to do it now :smiley:

Narelle, thank you so much! I followed the instructions and Steam recognized my code as a Conan exiles key. It asked me if I wanted to install the game. I said yes, but it didn’t, it just allocated disk space. So I tought: “Okay, maybe it’s done?” But when I tried to spawn the Atlantean sword in single player it said: “Failed Spawning 1x game item 8000”. So it’s still not working.

At least we are making progress. EDIT: To eliminate the easy steps first, fully log out and restart your steam app. Log back in.

When you go to the steam app to your library do you see Conan Exiles there and does it say play?

Then you have properties:

Do you see your sword DLC installed and is it ticked like mine?

You can also try going to Steam - Settings - Downloads - Clear Download Cache (restart steam again just in case).

Haha! You won’t believe this, but for some reason I now have Conan’s Royal Armor. Still no Atlantean Sword though.

If you bough digital edition - that one comes with conan’s armor
you would have to get physical copy of the game for sword code (At least what have been stated from funcom)

Thanks @assasin172

Digital pre-orders

The digital pre-orders , as well as existing owners of the Early Access or Game Preview version, will receive an in-game Conan’s Royal Armor .

Physical pre-orders

The physical pre-orders will receive an in-game Icon atlantean 2h sword.png Conan’s Atlantean Sword , limited to the Day One Edition of the game. The Day One Edition also contains a printed map of the Exiled Lands .

@Fargast At least we managed to claim your reward, even if it is not what you thought you would receive. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.