Carrefull, decay back to 7 days on officials

Hello Community,

I’m not a fan of wild conspiracy theories and I also don’t know what’s going on internally at Funcom. So anything written here can only be assumptions, because none of us are internally involved.

You don’t see me very active in the forum anymore and if that were the case, the Bug Section would be my home anyway, but be sure I follow the forum daily in other sections as a silent reader. :zipper_mouth_face:

What some people write in these sections is really frightening, thank God :pray: I’m not a forum moderator here. If I wanted to be in a bad mood, I would know exactly where I have to go. :see_no_evil:

A forum moderator is not a level 1 support on the phone who has to listen to every piece of crap and nod his head in agreement. So I can even understand when the moderators doesn’t do this every day and just takes note of sections like General Discussions and Feedback without commenting on them.
At least that’s how I would behave and the more toxic the whole thing becomes, the more I would withdraw from the active conversation. But that would only be just my approach and does not have to match with the moderators here in any way.

That was, first of all, a basic statement about the forum here in the recent weeks and months.
Unfortunately, it’s always the same people who first express correct criticism, but then often overdo it in the discussion, make assumptions about internal processes they can’t know about, talk games to death or otherwise engage in some kind of doom and gloom. A moderator will know how to assess this and read over it so that he doesn’t wear himself down in the process.

Nevertheless, I too have to admit that communication has slowed down a lot lately, especially as far as news and announcements are concerned. I can only hope that this is due to the turn of the year and the holidays. With all the crunch in the gaming industry, the developers, programmers, moderators and all who are involved deserve this from the bottom of my heart.

But here I have to agree with the community that on official servers the decay timers are reset or the bazaar rotation has not followed a weekly rhythm for a long time and that this is not officially announced anywhere or at least a position is taken on it and clarification is carried out, is absolutely not okay.

We are all human and we all make mistakes, that is not the problem, but communication is the key and also clears up conspiracies. This and much more will hopefully be better again and can tie in with the “Golden age of Communication” with Jens, Andy, Nicole, Tascha and Ignasi, who did a hell of a job here back in the days. :heart:

But times have passed and they have moved on to other projects, so now we have other moderators, but I am sure that they too do their best to communicate with us as much as possible and share their knowledge when they know something new.

In this sense, a Happy New Year to all and let’s hope that things will improve again in the future.

Greetings
SirBowen

6 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry, but English is still a foreign language for me. What is the exact meaning of “decay timer”?

Does this mean that if I haven’t visited an official server with my character for more than seven days, all building structures I built on that official server will get lost?

Can anybody explain the whole thing to me and other foreign speakers here as simple as possible? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

When the decay timer reaches zero, your structures enter “demolished” state. The owner still have some hours to login and refresh the timer but in the middle every other player can dismantle your base. This applies to every types of server. Technically, that player did nothing wrong, but…

1 Like

But the decay timer reaches just zero if I’ve been offline for more than seven days, so … If I understand it correctly, this can only happen to me - or other players - if I’m offline for more than seven days, right?

1 Like

Looks they decided to wait till the 7th Day. That should help clean up some of these servers. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Correct

Okay, that was the answer I was waiting for. :grin: Thanks a lot for this.

1 Like

Nope… Sometimes decay timmers bug out, and while u think it has been refreshed, it aint… So the rule is the 7 days, but there r some occasions where the rule fails

Hello everyone!

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

With the end of the holidays and with mostly everyone already finishing their family gatherings, we made the decision to revert the decay timers back to their original 7 days.

This should be reflected in the in-game messaging as of right now.

Thank you for understanding and for your patience while we worked on adding this in-game.

Let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

2 Likes