Censor Issue in Clan MoTD

The information you filled out should now be listed below. :point_down:
Please copy this info and paste it into a new report. Thank you!

Platform: Xbox Series S
Issue Type: Other
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: All

Bug Description:

Overzealous Censor

Bug Reproduction:

Type in my clan MoTD. “You don’t need a reason to help people…” The word “reason” is censored. I can find no cultural reason to censor it.

4 Likes

Censorship issue seems to have kicked in recently. Be it Xbox or Sony or Funcom no one is claiming responsibility. It might just be a combination of the letters in your clan name. I don’t see any thing wrong with it. Of course this is done with a computer algorithm not a sentient human being. @Bloodmoon there is another post on the Forum discussing this

1 Like

Algorithm may of seen one of the many meanings of reason incorrectly as offensive and flagged it as such

I’ve only seen this issue specifically with Conan exiles on xbox. There’s plenty of censorship in other games where you can type, but only this game censors words like “eyes.”

1 Like

On official server Playstation I just named a dancer Eyes. Did you have another name in there also that the combination could have triggered @Nethermore

Wait! I got it! I know why the word reason is censored.

Reason spelled backwards is nosaer, which when said out loud sounds a little like “nose hair”, and nobody wants to see someone’s nose hairs, thus it’s offensive and thus reason is banned. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nope, just “eyes” on its own creates a text error. I’m so jealous of your freedom to text! Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.