Citypala take on Funcom activities lately.(Spanish)

I unfortunately don’t speak Spanish, so I’m going to assume what you refer to is DDOS as the particular issue the streamer is reporting has been around “since the game started.”

Alright, first off, we all know DDOS, in any game, is vile, it’s not okay, and it’s sad that developers (websites, game developers, software developers, etc) have to take extraordinary steps to prevent it. It’s a serious issue, and it should be addressed seriously.

Next, addressing DDOS issues is not a walk in the park. Often, they are engine exploits (as in the very brickwork in which Conan Exiles is built on, the one that Epic made, not Funcom), and those in particular are hard to address without causing all sorts of issues. I’m sure we can agree on that too.

Now, an issue such as DDOS has been around for a while. But, and this is the very key point, it isn’t the same method. There have been many, many methods in which users have chosen to attack players in Conan Exiles with DDOS. And a lot of those have been fixed. Yes, they have been fixed. And whenever they get fixed, there is peace in the land for a little while, then somebody else finds another way to DDOS the servers, and the cycle once again resumes.

As far as the latest rounds of DDOS, what is Funcom doing about you may ask? Well, here you go.

I bolded the parts that are in reference to things like DDOS. This is a patch on Testlive, and will move to live once the patch is ready to do so. This isn’t something new, they do this everytime a major PvP exploit is making the rounds. Yes, the fix didn’t happen overnight. Cause, it can’t. That’s the reality of game development and complex fixes with regards to DDOS. It takes time, but it’s not like Funcom doesn’t consider it a high priority item, and isn’t working on it. They always do.

If I had a hundred dollars for every time somebody insisted that Conan Exiles was well on it’s way to being “dead”, I could probably comfortably retire. Players have insisted Conan Exiles was long dead since March of 2017, it’s not going away anytime soon.

1 Like